Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hobrogaming
05.16.2013 , 05:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
6 months ago I told my mom I was planning on going to school to get an MBA. Now I changed my mind and don't think its worth the money. Does that make me a liar?
Yep its okay for them to play bait and switch and lie etc.. we will just call it "changing their minds"
No, I was not surgically removed from Churb's side. Stop asking me that.

DesmoLegacy
05.16.2013 , 05:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ryniloym View Post
yes. According to the OP you should be crucified.
Your cell phone provider sells you a phone, you sign a contract. Cell phone provider tells you all future updates are free, update comes out and costs you money.

Would you not care? If so, you're an idiot.

It's much different than some twerp telling mommy he is going to school.
Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Operative
Dain'ese - 50 Juggernaut | Ducatisti - 50 Sniper
D'ucati - 50 Sentinel | Duc'ati - 50 Sage | Enduro - 50 Vanguard

hobrogaming
05.16.2013 , 05:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DesmoLegacy View Post
Your cell phone provider sells you a phone, you sign a contract. Cell phone provider tells you all future updates are free, update comes out and costs you money.

Hey he believes it ok for BioWare to do that along with everyone else defending their lies, so why not
No, I was not surgically removed from Churb's side. Stop asking me that.

Icebergy
05.16.2013 , 05:39 PM | #14

It's much different than some twerp telling mommy he is going to school.
There was no contract in this case.

But keep the personal attacks coming, it is really helping you make your point.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Ten_Ton_Hammer
05.16.2013 , 05:39 PM | #15
A game developer says one thing and it doesn't go as planned?

This NEVER happens. Call the cops!

ryniloym
05.16.2013 , 05:39 PM | #16

yeah no... cellphones have evolved into somewhat of a necessity. they are not merely a platform of entertainment. things were supposed to be one way, now they're another. it's how life works and if you can't understand that, you're an idiot.

Shingara
05.16.2013 , 05:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by hobrogaming View Post
Hey he believes it ok for BioWare to do that along with everyone else defending their lies, so why not
Most of them do, just look at how many are advocating it. leave them to it i say. What does it matter if you cant trust a word they say, its all good right... right ?
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Icebergy
05.16.2013 , 05:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by hobrogaming View Post
Yep its okay for them to play bait and switch and lie etc.. we will just call it "changing their minds"
Having a change in plans is not a bait and switch.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

JediArchives
05.16.2013 , 05:40 PM | #19
When you manage a professional business and open a direct communication channel to paying customers and lie it tends to destroy your credibility. Your comparison is garbage but I wouldn't expect some dweeb living on your mothers *** to know any better.
Harsh but so true.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
- T Paine

KCMChief
05.16.2013 , 05:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
6 months ago I told my mom I was planning on going to school to get an MBA. Now I changed my mind and don't think its worth the money. Does that make me a liar?
No, it just makes you a moron.
The Force is not with me, my ex took it in the divorce.