Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Machine-Elf
05.16.2013 , 07:16 PM | #101
All of the game's features then, not the ones we have now. Isn't it obvious?

uaintjak
05.16.2013 , 07:24 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
You aren't getting charged to play new warzones are you? Not yet.

You aren't getting charged to play new Operations are you? Well kind of, since in order to do the new Operation you had to buy the "expansion".

You aren't being charged for new content. Shiny costumes, baubles, and fluff are not "new content" except to many people.
Fixed that for you.

Arkerus
05.16.2013 , 07:24 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagadeath View Post
ahhh yes the old "yeah well your stupid rebuttal".

well played sir well played.

however you still missed the point of the post. it had nothing to do with McDonald's it had to do with the fact that frivolous lawsuits are accepted and won everyday about the most ridiculous crap.

but if it makes you feel better go ahead and continue to fling insults around at anyone who doesn't take your word as law.
Someone is mad they don't actually know what happened.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Arkose_Sands
05.16.2013 , 07:26 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Was it so we wouldn't bail for 6 months so you could continue to use subscription dollars to finance building up your cartel market and F2P system?

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

That couldn't have been written any more clearly. All additions to the game, even after the implementation of F2P, would remain free to subscribers. This was written to subscribers to belay our fears in the transition. It was done so to maintain our trust. Your 2.1 update is in violation of this guarantee and you have violated the trust established between you and your subscribers when you decided to move to F2P.
Well, you can access all the additions to the game. Subscribers get an allowance of Cartel Coins at no additional cost. You just need to save up and purchase what you want. I admit that it isn't practical because it would take an incredibly long time to save up enough CC to buy everything but technically you can. Therefore, no one was lied to.

Shingara
05.16.2013 , 07:29 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkose_Sands View Post
Well, you can access all the additions to the game. Subscribers get an allowance of Cartel Coins at no additional cost. You just need to save up and purchase what you want. I admit that it isn't practical because it would take an incredibly long time to save up enough CC to buy everything but technically you can. Therefore, no one was lied to.
it was stated unlimited access, if it takes years just to unlock the mounts in collections i wouldnt class that as unlimited. I just class the stipend as a semi get out of jail free card that alot seem to advocate.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

ckoneful
05.16.2013 , 07:34 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by uaintjak View Post
Fixed that for you.
You didn't "fix" it, you shaded it in bias and propaganda. They are not charging for new warzones. They expansion is an expansion, not just a new operation. Of course new content is going to be made for the current level cap, this isn't new to MMOs at all and isn't "bad business" and "lying" by EA.

Costumes and baubles are not CONTENT, they are FLUFF. New content are things you can do in the game. IE: Warzones, Flashpoints, Quests, and Operations.

ckoneful
05.16.2013 , 07:35 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
it was stated unlimited access, if it takes years just to unlock the mounts in collections i wouldnt class that as unlimited. I just class the stipend as a semi get out of jail free card that alot seem to advocate.
Content is not gated for you. You have access to all content as long as you subscribe, your fluff is going to cost you.

Nagadeath
05.16.2013 , 07:35 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Someone is mad they don't actually know what happened.
someone is projecting.

i don't get mad about people i don't give a crap about posting on a forum lol.

ckoneful
05.16.2013 , 07:36 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagadeath View Post
someone is projecting.

i don't get mad about people i don't give a crap about posting on a forum lol.
Yet, you're mad about Jeff Hickam posting on a forum.

Shingara
05.16.2013 , 07:36 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Content is not gated for you. You have access to all content as long as you subscribe, your fluff is going to cost you.
That fluff is within a feature. a feature is content.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731