Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nameplates and arrow lost after instance switch to join team

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Nameplates and arrow lost after instance switch to join team
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Plo_Coon
05.30.2013 , 09:11 PM | #11
Latest patch did not fix this extremely annoying behavior. But please...fix any armor graphics clipping issues while I wait to be able to team. Team in an M.M.O.

JLazarillo
06.24.2013 , 08:11 PM | #12
So not only is this bug STILL NOT FIXED, after it's been more than six months, but now it's affecting me when I use the Group Finder to travel from a Planet to a Flashpoint! I've had to bail on two different FP teams tonight because of it. This is stupid, this is ridiculous. Why is this still NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED by the development team?

kingofmachines
06.26.2013 , 12:26 PM | #13
This is indeed an incredibly annoying bug, and it has gotten worse since the most recent patch. It's not just on instance changing anymore, I've gotten it as the person above me said, from zoning into a flashpoint from group finder, but also from taking the transport from the fleet to Black Hole and Section X, zoning into the fleet from my ship, and using my priority transports. I had already simply stopped grouping up for any planet heroics because this bug was such a pain in the ***, if it's going to randomly affect me anytime I load a zone, I'm just going to stop playing, this is ridiculous.

JLazarillo
06.26.2013 , 05:27 PM | #14
I'm away from my main gaming computer at the moment but has it really gotten that bad?
This problem already rendered the game just short of unplayable when it popped up...if I get back to it in a couple of days and find I'm going to be hitting it often as not whenever I want to move between areas, then I'm done. Glad you posted this before I blew any more money on Cartel Coins, too.

kingofmachines
06.26.2013 , 07:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
I'm away from my main gaming computer at the moment but has it really gotten that bad?
This problem already rendered the game just short of unplayable when it popped up...if I get back to it in a couple of days and find I'm going to be hitting it often as not whenever I want to move between areas, then I'm done. Glad you posted this before I blew any more money on Cartel Coins, too.
It doesn't happen every single time I zone in, but before it was limited to just switching instances on the same planet. Now however, I've encountered it doing all those things; heading from Section X to my ship on my sage, from the fleet to the Black Hole on my sniper, using priority transport to my ship, also on my sniper, from my ship to the fleet on my merc, and using my emergency fleet pass on my vanguard. It appears to have a chance at happening whenever you hit a load screen.

SalvorHardin
07.04.2013 , 11:45 AM | #16
This bug started happening to me nearly a month ago (been playing since pre-launch) and I have to say, this is the most annoying bug I had experienced in this game so far... Nothing works to fix it except logging out and in again.

Sometimes only the target cursor vanishes, sometimes the nameplate disappears too.

For the nameplate, the only workaround is to have it shown all the time on every enemy NPCs (which is ok but not a real solution). For the target, well I still have to find one...

This is something that needs a fix quickly as it really borks gameplay !
Arkadya <Ashes of the Order> - Jedi Shadow - Red Eclipse
Salvor <SY DE> - Hybrid Slinger - The Progenitor
Aldahir <SY DE> - Combat Sentinel - The Progenitor
Feex <SY DE> - Combat Medic Commando - The Progenitor

JLazarillo
07.08.2013 , 10:11 AM | #17
I went ahead and confirmed unsubbing this morning. There were a few reasons, but this bug, and the stonewalling about it on the devs' part, was near the top of the list.

Cwyn
07.10.2013 , 03:35 PM | #18
Today's patch 2.2.2 didn't resolve the bug either. I still have it. Added a /bug report for *** today.

NastyPiggy
07.21.2013 , 07:22 AM | #19
This bug has hit certain characters I have and not all of them. Some of my characters simply don't get the targeting arrow which is pretty important in bigger battles and some of them do. I've tried resetting all graphic settings and nothing helps. It's not completely game breaking like the abilities not firing off when you press them bug, but this is one notch under, it's very tough to see who to fight when there's a group of enemies(like in a warzone) and if you're a melee, it can really create problems.

JLazarillo
07.22.2013 , 03:48 PM | #20
Still happening, still no sign of a fix in the patch notes, still not even acknowledged by the team.