Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nameplates and arrow lost after instance switch to join team

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Nameplates and arrow lost after instance switch to join team
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Plo_Coon
05.16.2013 , 02:27 PM | #1
After I switch instances, because I joined a team in another instance, my nameplates and target arrow are gone. Some people do not experience the error if they reject the auto request and change manually. I however get the error either way. It is very hard to team without a targeting arrow.

I have had this problem since the first day back on Nov 2012. I have put in a ticket after every patch and it gets closed without comment. I have, deleted the game and reloaded it, repaired the game, updated drivers, .NET, and C++ .

After waiting 6 months, I am wondering how much longer I should wait for a fix or even <GASP> acknowledgement. I am not the only one with this error (search ont he forums). I know personally 3 people and on the forum several more.

Give me any answer. Here is multiple choice so as to not take up too much of your time. Select one that applies.
a) It is a bug but will never be fixed
b) It is not a bug and it's your problem
c) We have noted your request and have not yet determined if it is your problem or ours - please hold your breath and we will get back to you in the future
d) Due to the low number of players with this issue (it is a bug) we will never investigate nor acknowledge this bug in the known issues. Do not hold your breath as you will not get a fix in your lifetime. At least not while you continue to subscribe - after all - if you are willing to continue giving us money - why should we fix the issue?

Signed,
Ignored by CS

Rankyn
05.16.2013 , 06:08 PM | #2
That happens to me all the time, too.
Your best bet is to assume that it will never be fixed and then be pleasantly surprised if they finally do.

In the meantime, you can cheat the instance switch bug by leaving the planet and coming back since it will automatically put you in the same instance with the rest of your group.

Plo_Coon
05.17.2013 , 12:26 PM | #3
Thanks. I did not know that. I will try it.

Plo_Coon
05.20.2013 , 11:58 AM | #4
bump to get CS attention.

Slurmez
05.20.2013 , 01:23 PM | #5
Ctrl+u+u fixes nameplate

Logging out is only fix I know for the arrow

Rankyn
05.20.2013 , 01:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Plo_Coon View Post
bump to get CS attention.
1) Bumping threads is against the forum rules.
2) Not sure what you expect CS to do about it.

There's really nothing to do but submit a /bug report in-game and hope that someday they fix it.
Until then, you've been presented with several workarounds and will just have to live with it.

JLazarillo
05.20.2013 , 06:35 PM | #7
This is seriously the most annoying bug in the game right now, and it's been around for over half a year, without even the slightest acknowledgment that the Devs even know it exists. Could we please, please, por favor, sil vous plait, onegai shimasu, please at least have a "we're aware, and don't care", so I can stop wondering?

Jenzali
05.20.2013 , 06:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Ctrl+u+u fixes nameplate

Ctrl + U + U does not fix the nameplates for me. In fact, it makes it worse because it shows the nameplates as always having full health regardless of the players' actual healths, which is a nightmare for healing.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Plo_Coon
05.29.2013 , 12:41 PM | #9
What I expect customer service to do is acknowledge the bug. That is all. It's been a serious bug for a year. They instantly fix minor superficial idiosyncracies in armor graphics...but basic game errors go completely unacknowledged. Its just stupid. Every person who pays for this game has a right to expect that a) the game work properly or b) bugs be identified with a prospective fix date. Then we as consumers can make an informed decision on whether to continue subscribing or not. As for 'bumps' being against the forum rules....too bad. If CS would properly interface with customers and give them SERVICE it wouldn't be required. BW apologists should go to a different forum. This is the one for people who have problems with the game.

PlasmaJohn
05.29.2013 , 12:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Exiting the game and returning fixes it, but in my experience if you quit or log out it drops party as well. You're just as likely to land on a different instance when you log back in.

I experience this intermittently. It seems to happen more often if I transfer with a companion, but dismissing them isn't a 100% workaround. The jump-to-ship-jump-back trick works the best for me, if I remember to not accept the transfer. Otherwise I have to kill the swtor processes (to avoid losing the group) and log back in.

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani