Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 17th, 2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Umpsquad
05.16.2013 , 03:25 PM | #21
Is there an ETA on the free name change that was said a while back or is that gone?

stephenalandavie
05.16.2013 , 03:35 PM | #22
Not saying in case they screw something else up again lol
Woa, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time

Lacedemon
05.16.2013 , 03:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Chickensevil View Post
Regarding the time stamps... UTC... is that the one that never shifts with daylight savings? Also known as Zulu time? Because if so then you picked the best universal time to avoid confusion... if not... then you should go with that one... the one that doesn't change ever.
Zulu Time = GMT

GMT Never changes either and in England we use BST in the summer as a result. For the rest of Europe GMT/BST would be more meaningful as that is what a lot people use as their point of reference when it comes to time zones
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

Azarai
05.16.2013 , 03:49 PM | #24
Instant fix for their cash-cow. Month and a half long fix for pvp exploits/bugs. Seems legit

SonOfSega
05.16.2013 , 03:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
On May 17th, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform maintenance. Patch 2.1.0b will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Friday May 17th, 2013
Duration: 2 hours
Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 5AM PDT (12PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
Does this patch address the freezing when installing asset 116? Or do we need to follow the outrageous carpet bomb fix strategy suggested by customer support.

They even suggested to find a mate with a running version game and and copy the whole thing over.. seriously

Not every one in the world has unlimited bandwidth I have 100 Gig per month and I have used 80% of it now. My connection speed is 100meg down 10 meg up but only get 200kb during most of the patch download. I guess alot of people are in similar situations.

Alec_Fortescue
05.16.2013 , 04:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Azarai View Post
Instant fix for their cash-cow. Month and a half long fix for pvp exploits/bugs. Seems legit
Don't mind chat reply borked since 1.1.5... ;]

Azarai
05.16.2013 , 04:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Don't mind chat reply borked since 1.1.5... ;]
I just macro'd ctrl+ 2x U because I'm so sick of that... Pretty pathetic about how long that's been going on for. Oh btw I still can't buy my conqueror shield generator since it's listed as 'undefined'. Still no fix in sight for that one either I suppose.

Tatile
05.16.2013 , 04:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Patch notes will not be posted early this time. I'll put them up after the servers are down tomorrow.
Oooh, wait, is it the Free Name Change we were promised back in November?

cabled
05.16.2013 , 05:10 PM | #29
Frankly, just sticking to GMT would be less confusing to everyone else. Not sure what's so difficult to comprehend about it but using BST, UTC, PST etc etc makes it really difficult for people who do not live in those zones. And there are a fair number of us.
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

THorsblood
05.16.2013 , 05:15 PM | #30
Gree event that was promised to hit between 2.1 and 2.2, that's my guess any way.
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow