Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Werent Thermal regs supposed to be increased?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Werent Thermal regs supposed to be increased?

Taliefer
05.24.2013 , 12:02 PM | #81
seems like the core issue is that the only way to reliably get thermals is too have multiple, preferably several, characters running the missions non stop. logging on and off between several characters in order to make a crew skill mission remotely profitable is not my idea of fun, and poor design.

Khevar
05.24.2013 , 12:44 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Taliefer View Post
seems like the core issue is that the only way to reliably get thermals is too have multiple, preferably several, characters running the missions non stop. logging on and off between several characters in order to make a crew skill mission remotely profitable is not my idea of fun, and poor design.
Well, this is only correct in a general sense. The more missions you do, the more "bad luck" will even out with "good luck". And note that the players with bad luck speak louder than the players with good luck.

It reminds me of the complaints about the RE chance. People will come to the forums and complain when they're getting less than 20% RE success.

But I've never seen a thread that said, "Bioware lied to us! The RE chance is supposed to be 20%, but I'm getting a 35% success rate!!!!!!"

I know for a fact there are times when crafters have gotten streaks of good luck and beat the 20% odds. They just don't come to the forum and complain about it.

Korse
05.24.2013 , 12:56 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Well, this is only correct in a general sense. The more missions you do, the more "bad luck" will even out with "good luck". And note that the players with bad luck speak louder than the players with good luck.

It reminds me of the complaints about the RE chance. People will come to the forums and complain when they're getting less than 20% RE success.

But I've never seen a thread that said, "Bioware lied to us! The RE chance is supposed to be 20%, but I'm getting a 35% success rate!!!!!!"

I know for a fact there are times when crafters have gotten streaks of good luck and beat the 20% odds. They just don't come to the forum and complain about it.
I don't know what other people are seeing, but I haven't seen too much that fell outside of normal probability (since I stopped getting that stupid "You already know that recipe" error a long time ago). I do see more streaky behavior since 2.0, though. Whether I'm running missions or crafting, it seems like my crits bunch up. It could just be outlying behavior, but right after 2.0 especially it seemed like I'd crit 4-5 times in a row with a large absence in between.
Characters
Spoiler

VigDiath
05.24.2013 , 01:00 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Taliefer View Post
Not true...I have 3 toons with slicing. Of those 3 toons I use 1 more often than the others because I am constantly running PvP matches and FPs with her (My Gunslinger). My one companion that has slicing (Riisha) I don't have even close to max affection with and yet I get returns from her and my ship droid at least twice within a 24 hour period.

The other 2 (Bounty Hunter and Sorc using Mako and Andronikus? to run the missions)....I ran missions with them yesterday after doing a few WZ's to get some credits and both critted at least once yesterday allowing me to get enough Thermal Regs to make an overkill augment and an advanced resolve augment. Before it would take me days, and I really mean a whole week could go by and I wouldn't get a single drop. Now, I get them on a more regular basis.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Riincewind
05.24.2013 , 06:39 PM | #85
In the last 6 days or so I have run over 100 crafting missions on my agent, I am mainly using scorpio as shes supposed to have better luck at slicing, it was the case before 2.0 so what should have changed, 100 missions run and a toatl of 3 crits, returning me 12 Thermal Regulators. Thats not right I have never seen bacd luck like that before. Before 2.0 I would crit 2-3 times a day minium and get the old grade 6 purples a few times a day. Now Im lucky to get that in a week. Before patch 2.1 I was getting these numbers, maybe a little worse then, when 2.1 hit the numbers went up bigtime, so i thought it was fixed, but it seems that since the last bug fix to actually fix the exploits with crystals my crafting has returned to the pre 2.1 levels. Even on other crew skill missions Im getting less returns, bioanyaylis, diplomacy, treasure hunting scavenggin, archelogy. all seem to be reurned to tghe pre 2.1 level of returns so half of what they were for the few days of 2.1. Since 2.11 (the crystal bug fix) I seem to be screwed. I tried putting tickets in about this to try anbd see if a gm can clear this up, but the tickets keep getting closed.

As for prices ddroppping i think that s more to do with people getting Thernal Regularos from the CSI dailies, certainly seems that if I want to craft augments for my gear, thats the way to go.

Cupelixx
05.26.2013 , 10:08 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Riincewind View Post
In the last 6 days or so I have run over 100 crafting missions on my agent, I am mainly using scorpio as shes supposed to have better luck at slicing, it was the case before 2.0 so what should have changed, 100 missions run and a toatl of 3 crits, returning me 12 Thermal Regulators. Thats not right I have never seen bacd luck like that before. Before 2.0 I would crit 2-3 times a day minium and get the old grade 6 purples a few times a day. Now Im lucky to get that in a week. Before patch 2.1 I was getting these numbers, maybe a little worse then, when 2.1 hit the numbers went up bigtime, so i thought it was fixed, but it seems that since the last bug fix to actually fix the exploits with crystals my crafting has returned to the pre 2.1 levels. Even on other crew skill missions Im getting less returns, bioanyaylis, diplomacy, treasure hunting scavenggin, archelogy. all seem to be reurned to tghe pre 2.1 level of returns so half of what they were for the few days of 2.1. Since 2.11 (the crystal bug fix) I seem to be screwed. I tried putting tickets in about this to try anbd see if a gm can clear this up, but the tickets keep getting closed.

As for prices ddroppping i think that s more to do with people getting Thernal Regularos from the CSI dailies, certainly seems that if I want to craft augments for my gear, thats the way to go.
So to get 12 thermals out of 3 crits, you were only running the rich missions?
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.

danijade
05.26.2013 , 10:27 AM | #87
FIx the thermal regulators! 2 weeks of missions and only 4 .. what a way to treat subscribers !!

Thundergulch
05.26.2013 , 10:27 AM | #88
lol....

Cupelixx
05.26.2013 , 10:38 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by danijade View Post
FIx the thermal regulators! 2 weeks of missions and only 4 .. what a way to treat subscribers !!
How many missions did you run in that time? On how many characters? What missions did you run?
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.

ValantheLiadon
05.26.2013 , 10:58 AM | #90
I found the easiest way to get Thermal Regulators was to buy the Slicing Missions off the GTN. I've given almost 2 stacks to guildies for their Augments and still have a full stack left for myself.