Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Werent Thermal regs supposed to be increased?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Werent Thermal regs supposed to be increased?

Ernost
05.19.2013 , 12:58 AM | #21
Its the same as before the patch for me, have gotten none except for the discovered missions & based on the rapidly falling prices of Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips on my server I'm not the only one.

Ausgelebt
05.19.2013 , 03:44 AM | #22
Only run "Watching the Watchdogs" and "Unsliceable?" along with discoveries. Get several hacking toons. If you don't have the missions up, run all missions, go to ship, abort the crappy ones and take the good ones. Repeat. Profit.

I got one slicing toon and get between 8 and 20 thermal regulators a day.

DarthTHC
05.19.2013 , 06:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausgelebt View Post
Only run "Watching the Watchdogs" and "Unsliceable?" along with discoveries. Get several hacking toons. If you don't have the missions up, run all missions, go to ship, abort the crappy ones and take the good ones. Repeat. Profit.

Really? What's the return rate on Watchdogs and the discovery?

Astaldoath
05.19.2013 , 06:52 AM | #24

i call ********

Khevar
05.19.2013 , 09:54 AM | #25

For the sake of the argument, lets say those two missions have a 20% crit rate with full affection.

Crits return between 2 and 4 Thermal Regulators.

20 TRs would require about 7 crits. Which would, at the 20% rate, generally take 35 missions. You can run two at a time with one toon, and they take an hour to run.

So, 14 hours a day? Must be nice not needing a job.

DarthVengeant
05.19.2013 , 01:10 PM | #26

Yes, I only run "Watching the Watchdogs" and "Unsliceable?" yet have not got one single Thermal since 2.1 hit having done over 60 missions now. I also have two toon's running then and still zero. I can't afford the credit loss anymore, i've spent over 180k doing slicing with ZERO return, so I am done trying until this is fixed.

canuckly
05.19.2013 , 03:16 PM | #27
its all luck it seems since the last patch whether they increased it or not

1st week i got 24 with 1 wealthy mission giving me 6
2nd week i got 8 with 1 wealthy mission giving me 2
3rd week i got 30 with 2 wealthy missions giving me 12

if people are having terrible luck just buy them off the gtn they usually go between 30-40k

Cupelixx
05.19.2013 , 04:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
So, posting a problem with the game is now "crying:?

Maybe you enjoy running 60 slicing missions without one single Thermal Augmentor and all that money gone? Because, that's what has happened to me. Iv'e not got one single Thermal since 2.1 running slicing every day multiple times across two toons. So, this is "crying" heh? Grow up man.

All companions are maxed affection, all screw skills are 450. Not one single Thermal drop running Rich or Bountiful Yield missions since the day 2.1 hit. Over 60 missions, and not one. I can;t do the crafting I need to do because of this.....but I guess that is "crying".
Perhaps 'crying' was over the top. But there are an awful lot of complaints and claims with absolutely nothing to back any of it up. Meanwhile, the prices on both thermals and crafted augments are falling every day. The only explanation I can come up with is that thermals are more plentiful now, and the items posted on the GTN every day are measurable evidence of this.

Sorry, but until someone brings forward some evidence that's not here-say it's hard to believe that this is anything other than people complaining about bad luck.
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.

Zorash
05.19.2013 , 04:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
Perhaps 'crying' was over the top. But there are an awful lot of complaints and claims with absolutely nothing to back any of it up. Meanwhile, the prices on both thermals and crafted augments are falling every day. The only explanation I can come up with is that thermals are more plentiful now, and the items posted on the GTN every day are measurable evidence of this.

Sorry, but until someone brings forward some evidence that's not here-say it's hard to believe that this is anything other than people complaining about bad luck.
QFT.

I have yet to see a dev acknowledge that some people are not getting any thermal regulators.

DarthVengeant
05.19.2013 , 10:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post

So explain to me why I have no got one single Thermal drop since 2.1 hit (the exact day) and have done over 80 Rich/Bountiful Yield missions across two toons and not got one single Thermal drop. Explain that to me. Isn't that the "evidence" you wanted? Yes, it is. Shouldn't everyone more or less be getting the same results? Yes, they should. But that is NOT happening. Luck has nothing to do with it, it's Bioware screwing up screw skills once again. Since when did a crew skill mission revolve around "luck"? Math and programming is not based on luck.

I have lost nearly 200k to slicing with ZERO return. More evidence. Not one single Thermal drop since the day 2.1 hit. I am unable to craft things I need because of it. If that is "complaining"...then so be it.