Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 10 second force barrier laugh

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The 10 second force barrier laugh

Jorojus
05.18.2013 , 10:13 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
Or just take 3 DPS and kill the guy and cap :>
Then you need to hope that the remaining 5 players of your team can handle the 7 remaining enemy players
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

dcgregorya
05.18.2013 , 10:51 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Vassise View Post
The funny thing is when the 3 people pause and stand there ready to use their execute ability.
That's why people do it. How else can you CC 3 people for 10 seconds with an insta cast?

Astarica
05.18.2013 , 12:25 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorojus View Post
Then you need to hope that the remaining 5 players of your team can handle the 7 remaining enemy players
If you didn't go there at all, those 5 guys would have to fight 8 guys now instead of 7.

At any rate unless you're on offense on Voidstar you only have 6 guys, because one guy has to be defending a node unless you're feeling particularly gutsy.

TheDarkGhost
05.18.2013 , 03:29 PM | #84
I just want to say "the bubble" is an instant cast... If I'm going to die. I might as well be a litle annoying.

Jorojus
05.18.2013 , 03:52 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
If you didn't go there at all, those 5 guys would have to fight 8 guys now instead of 7.

At any rate unless you're on offense on Voidstar you only have 6 guys, because one guy has to be defending a node unless you're feeling particularly gutsy.
I didn't know we where talking about voidstar.
The Progenitor
Wea_relegion_swtor

Astarica
05.18.2013 , 04:26 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Jorojus View Post
I didn't know we where talking about voidstar.
If you're not talking about voidstar it's not possible for the other battle to be 7on5 unless your team leaves no one guarding your node. At least 1 person on your team is guarding a node, so subtract him and the Sorc, it's only a 6on5.

Grafikk
05.18.2013 , 10:22 PM | #87
This game lacked a paladin class... it now has one.
[█████████████████████}|█Ξ[◉]||WAYUN||[◉]Ξ█|{█████████████████████]

Jorojus
05.18.2013 , 10:32 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
If you're not talking about voidstar it's not possible for the other battle to be 7on5 unless your team leaves no one guarding your node. At least 1 person on your team is guarding a node, so subtract him and the Sorc, it's only a 6on5.
I didn't read the previous posts, my bad.
I am just talking total amount of warzone players here in my top post on this page, The result is 16 players right

In all maps ofcourse, you have to create an imbalance at a certain objective point to win, that is what so great about SWTOR pvp. (Considering you have as less robots as possible in your team)
The Progenitor
Wea_relegion_swtor

07.23.2013 , 06:51 PM | #89
I have a sage and I really enjoy playing him but force barrier is useless enless you put your skill points in the seer tree, input all my points in telikinetics, so it's pretty much useless to me.

JackNader
07.23.2013 , 09:02 PM | #90
Force barrier is a great ability although far too many people struggle to use it properly. Using it at 5% health is absolutely retarded. Anytime I see someone do it, I always bring up my /say and type "Yeh that will work."

It has 5 main uses-
1)Stalling caps - If your a lone defender and you get mobbed by 6 guys and your team is in transit you can pop it and stall for 10 seconds. 10 seconds is the difference between them capping or not.

2)It counters high burst attacks like assissin/operative openers. It can be used to thwart a smash, ambush or ravage.

3)It's an extra CC breaker

4)It can be used to stall while you wait for a specific cooldown to come online.

5)Using it with a healer nearby allows them to easily heal you up to full provided they are paying attention.