Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 10 second force barrier laugh

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The 10 second force barrier laugh

ryuzo
05.16.2013 , 05:20 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JFerret View Post
So while those 3 derps standing there waiting for the force barrier to end and hit me with their execute ability my team is at the opposite door/pylon/turret capping, yeah I like it

It can also be specced to heal so I may be at 10% health before it ends pop my force mend, back in the game
It's more likely that during that 10 seconds, the rest of your team is on their way back in / behind a door and unable to get out anyway, such that you'll just get to come out with them in the end (which you would have if you hadn't wasted it) and now you've got the barrier on cooldown. I've yet to see someone use barrier when they're completely by themselves and it actually added any value for their team.

Way too many people use what is an amazing ability amazingly badly.
Zano
POT5

AdrianDmitruk
05.16.2013 , 06:50 PM | #32
There was one time on voidstar attack when my side had wiped and I was the last one standing. I wasn't getting reinforcements so I figured the respawn was side switching.

I popped Force Barrier 6 on 1 when I thought for sure the numbers alone meant I was going to die. The second-to-last person had just died and the hard switch to me had begun, so I got it off with about half health remaining. The six for some reason drooled over waiting to kill me.

Just as I was ready to release my grenade, I see the "unauthorized armaments" announcement from the other side. I released my grenade and **** of dodge, and I actually managed to escape the 6v1.

It was absolutely glorious.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

KennethHoover
05.16.2013 , 06:54 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Vassise View Post
Seriously noobs, you're on 5% health, you're against 3 other players on your own, no where near any of your team mates

DERP HURURRR FORCE BARRIER U CANT HIT ME IM IN A FORCE BARRIER DERP DERP DREP

The funny thing is when the 3 people pause and stand there ready to use their execute ability.
So you don't really understand the tactical move to use force barrier when you're at 1% health while 3 other yabbos wait patiently for it to end....instead of being someplace else maybe guarding a node or whatever?

You're right about one thing. There is someone here who doesn't understand the tactical moment going on right in front of their face....and it's not the sage using the force barrier.

It's you.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

KennethHoover
05.16.2013 , 06:55 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
There was one time on voidstar attack when my side had wiped and I was the last one standing. I wasn't getting reinforcements so I figured the respawn was side switching.

I popped Force Barrier 6 on 1 when I thought for sure the numbers alone meant I was going to die. The second-to-last person had just died and the hard switch to me had begun, so I got it off with about half health remaining. The six for some reason drooled over waiting to kill me.

Just as I was ready to release my grenade, I see the "unauthorized armaments" announcement from the other side. I released my grenade and **** of dodge, and I actually managed to escape the 6v1.

It was absolutely glorious.
I agree. Used correctly the force barrier is one of the sweetest moves we have. I love it.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

Astarica
05.16.2013 , 07:08 PM | #35
The best way to deal with Force Barrier is start capping the node. A lot of people will stop their Force Barrier immediately to interrupt you, and if they don't interrupt you, well that's good too.

Azarai
05.16.2013 , 07:17 PM | #36
Orbital Strike right on your face. 4 sec hard stun you in it/explosive probe and enjoy your respawn point.

Astarica
05.16.2013 , 07:23 PM | #37
Using delayed attack to blow the Sage up at the moment the Force Barrier runs out is always pretty funny, though probably not worth the effort unless you got nothing else better to do.

Zoom_VI
05.16.2013 , 07:42 PM | #38
When I see a sorc barrier, I immediately find and cc/interrupt every enemy with the capability to heal said sorc
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

DarthRaika
05.16.2013 , 09:48 PM | #39
Dumb players often see the sorc's health not dropping and then use their big cds to kill the sorc. That is the true derp lol.

Rantank
05.16.2013 , 09:55 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Dumb players often see the sorc's health not dropping and then use their big cds to kill the sorc. That is the true derp lol.
^ This. I love watching those big CDs burn. Especially when I can see someone standing behind them dumping heals on me. I've used the barrier to wait out my CDs, and then come out of it and killed the guy who remained on me. Mostly though, I just use it as a self peel, and then get out of dodge.
Defeating a standing army goes for time and a half.