Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Farming Planet Comms (Empire vs Republic)

Lednew
05.16.2013 , 02:42 AM | #1
As the title says, I'm farming Planetary Commendations, and I chose the two lowest level planets because I figured I could burn through them very quickly. As I moved between Imperial and Republic characters, I noticed something peculiar...

Dromund Kaas has 2 Heroic 2s, 2 Heroic 4s, and one Area 4. Each will get you 3 Comms, for a total of 15/day.
Coruscant on the other hand, has 2 Heroic 2s that give only 1 Comm, 2 Heroic 4s that each give 3, and no Area at all, so you only get 8/day.
Balmorra (Empire) has 8 total Heroics that give 3 Comms each (24/day), while Taris (Republic) has only 6 Heroics (18/day).

So my question is this: What is the fastest way to farm up Planetary Commendations for a Republic character? Because The Coruscant/Taris run ain't cutting it.

Nkya
05.16.2013 , 03:03 AM | #2
I don't know what's the best way, but you can also add PvP in your tour and trade the rewards for planetary commendation (40 for 1)

ghoul_drool
05.16.2013 , 03:03 AM | #3
If you have a trooper or smuggler, doing the three Heroics on Ord Mantell's Savrip Island will net you nine commendations.

Lednew
05.16.2013 , 03:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ghoul_drool View Post
If you have a trooper or smuggler, doing the three Heroics on Ord Mantell's Savrip Island will net you nine commendations.
Thanks, that makes up the deficit a little bit, at least for those two classes.

At some point in the past, a Jedi could run two of the three heroics on Ord Mantell, but they changed that a couple patches back. Any suggestions for my Jedi planet comm farmers?

merovejec
05.17.2013 , 01:45 AM | #5
Hey there, I am currently also trying to farm them planetary commendations with a republic player and face the same problem. Currently I am doing Alderran since you get a lot of heroics (dont know the exact count), which are pretty fast to do, if you dont beat up all the mobs and you also get quite a lot of credits from defeated mobs, which comes in handy.

I dont want to use the Warzones for this, since I am currently lvl 50 and after a few warzone I am almost 51 and I do not want that (still havent finished my story). So I would also suggest Alderran.

Aqqh
05.17.2013 , 04:27 AM | #6
Republic chars get planetary comms from heroic quests on Tython and Ord Mantell.
Tython has only 1 heroic quest but Ord Mantell has 3 all in single location and each of them with 3 planetary reward.

Heroics on both Korriban and Hutta doesnt give you single planetary comm.

Gyronamics
05.17.2013 , 06:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aqqh View Post
Republic chars get planetary comms from heroic quests on Tython and Ord Mantell.
Tython has only 1 heroic quest but Ord Mantell has 3 all in single location and each of them with 3 planetary reward.

Heroics on both Korriban and Hutta doesnt give you single planetary comm.
Lightside FTW

Nah seriously, Ord Mantell is epic for those comms, need to work a lot harder as Imp for them.

Any mission which lets you spawn elites which drop loot are good for farming comms. Don't know any on impside.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN