Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Hit and Run (Begeren Colony) Method HM SV Dash

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
The Hit and Run (Begeren Colony) Method HM SV Dash

Battyone
05.15.2013 , 08:54 PM | #2
How do you not have any stacks of the debuff?
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

NamesAllTakenQQ
05.15.2013 , 08:58 PM | #3
That's the hit and run method .

our ranged dps/ healers did not enter the howling sandstorm.

Aurojiin
05.15.2013 , 08:59 PM | #4
Looks like most of the raid is sitting just outside the sandstorm zone. I'm guessing the rest is just utilising personal generators and tank swapping.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

NamesAllTakenQQ
05.15.2013 , 09:05 PM | #5
Tanks used the generators, the rest of us stayed out of it entirely. Also, if you leave the sandstorm, it removes all stacks. smart tank swapping is key

Battyone
05.15.2013 , 11:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NamesAllTakenQQ View Post
Tanks used the generators, the rest of us stayed out of it entirely. Also, if you leave the sandstorm, it removes all stacks. smart tank swapping is key
Today I learned. Does the boss despawn if everyone steps out?
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

NamesAllTakenQQ
05.15.2013 , 11:31 PM | #7
If the boss leaves the sandstorm, he'll disappear.

Our basic setup was, our 2 melee dps killed adds, (and threw sabers/rocks in downtime), our 2 ranged dps killed Dash the entire time, our healers stacked along with the ranged dps on a pole and....

our tanks stood together against a wall and swapped when one would be knocked in the air (like normal), but the tank that was no longer tanking would run out and get rid of his stacks.

_REDRUM_
05.16.2013 , 01:24 AM | #8
For the tank swap, off-tank stands outside the sandstorm to not get stack. Then when main tank is about 6 stacks, off-tank runs toward the main tank to get ready for swap. The swap occurs around 8 - 9 stacks (the stunned knock-back that forces tank if doing it normally). The off-tank can help kill the birds in the mean time (hold aggro from dps/healer) It takes us a couple of tries to get the tank swap cleanly.

Kawabonga
05.16.2013 , 04:28 AM | #9
I was sure this could be done... when i proposed it in guild i no one approved

Sykomyke
05.16.2013 , 09:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawabonga View Post
I was sure this could be done... when i proposed it in guild i no one approved
Probably because the people in your guild have scruples.

In reference to the OP: I've got no admiration and no pity for those who exploit boss mechanics because all they do is force the developers to spend time patching and "fixing" these people's abuse of a system rather then fixing more important things on their never-ending list of things to fix.

What are the boss mechanics? They are : Usage of shield generators and personal shield generators. I highly doubt the devs ever intended for people to stand right outside the sandstorm and have you tank the boss right inside the sandstorm in an effort to cheese the system and ignore the shield generators completely. I'm sure the OP will come back with some sort of validation of their efforts or the ever laughable "We are just innovating" excuse.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire