Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why no acknowledgement of overpowered heals?

sirullrich
05.17.2013 , 04:24 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post
And to reiterate my point about your lack of comprehension....

And to this..

Please read colored text for comparison.
Yup you are right. I am wrong.

sirullrich
05.17.2013 , 04:25 PM | #182

And to this..

O and I am not basing what I am saying only on those 2 post. But if you just take it from there you are right. LOL

sirullrich
05.17.2013 , 04:27 PM | #183

And to this..

Isn't killing as a dps part of the objectives therefore if he is not killing anybody as a dps then he is not doing his objectives. LOL this guy.

Baedwulf
05.17.2013 , 04:32 PM | #184
Chew gum and walk at the same time?

Impossible...
Money may not buy you happiness, but it can buy you another account after you've been banned from the forums.
The UGLY guy

maverickmatt
05.17.2013 , 04:34 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
O and I am not basing what I am saying only on those 2 post. But if you just take it from there you are right. LOL
At any rate, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Your other posts in this thread have some interesting and valid points. The most valid point I take from all of it (whether it was your intended point or not) is that teamwork is now required to down a healer. You said that if you attack the healer, he stops healing the tank. Then you can down the tank and leave the healer with no guard. All this requires coordination which is not very prevalent in pug matches. It makes it seem as though heals are OP, but in reality they aren't.

Someone else posted that heals are directly related to damage done, and that is true as well. You can't heal what isn't hurt.

sirullrich
05.17.2013 , 04:53 PM | #186
At any rate, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Your other posts in this thread have some interesting and valid points. The most valid point I take from all of it (whether it was your intended point or not) is that teamwork is now required to down a healer. You said that if you attack the healer, he stops healing the tank. Then you can down the tank and leave the healer with no guard. All this requires coordination which is not very prevalent in pug matches. It makes it seem as though heals are OP, but in reality they aren't.

Someone else posted that heals are directly related to damage done, and that is true as well. You can't heal what isn't hurt.
yeah and you said the same thing as me about teamwork. I agree on all of that.

Kalifus
05.17.2013 , 06:43 PM | #187
Since no one is going to answer what this thread asks, I will. The Devs are most likely not allowed to come on the forums and tell you that you are just plain bad. It might violate their own TOS.

maverickmatt
05.17.2013 , 07:36 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalifus View Post
Since no one is going to answer what this thread asks, I will. The Devs are most likely not allowed to come on the forums and tell you that you are just plain bad. It might violate their own TOS.
I doubt that the Op is just plain bad. For a very long time, support was almost irrelevant in PvP. Tanks weren't tanks, healers were pulling double duty and often outdamaging what they were healing, and in general it was kill kill kill kill kill. Now, the game requires coordination, skill, and knowledge of yourself AND your opponent. I suspect this is even more emphasized with bolster.

The problem could very well be that the OP, like many others, aren't accustomed to strategies and gameplans concerning support classes.

Astarica
05.17.2013 , 08:40 PM | #189
I doubt that the Op is just plain bad. For a very long time, support was almost irrelevant in PvP. Tanks weren't tanks, healers were pulling double duty and often outdamaging what they were healing, and in general it was kill kill kill kill kill. Now, the game requires coordination, skill, and knowledge of yourself AND your opponent. I suspect this is even more emphasized with bolster.

The problem could very well be that the OP, like many others, aren't accustomed to strategies and gameplans concerning support classes.
Stalemate was always the inevitable outcome between two very strong teams. It's just that the skill requirement for healing has decreased so much that this result can be seen even at the PUG level on a regular basis. It's not about overpowered or not. Having a game of Huttball that is solely determined by who grabbed the ball more times is just not very exciting. Yes the better team will usually grab the ball more times because they'd coordinate the CCs better, but it feels totally weird to know once you grab the ball the other side has no chance of stopping you, and vice versa.

Zohkar
05.17.2013 , 09:40 PM | #190
I don't know, in that I don't think healers are overpowered, maybe certain healers could be considered harder to kill then others. I know I play a sorcerer and yes I am a little bit harder to kill then before, but that doesn't mean I don't die at all. In ever match I play, I solo que and I end up alot of times facing off against pre-made teams on either side and no matter how hard I try to keep myself or others healed I will become focused ot even solo'd down by better players.

It's definately aggravating, and I do record every single match and put the end results into a spreedsheet so I can follow my progress and that of others. Times I see hinky stuff and when I question it people say o look a qq, when I am just asking a simple question. Like for me if everyone is running around smooth and 1 person looks like a strobe light and others see it. Or a person stands on a terminal to cap in bova coast and is not targetable or is capping thru the wall I want to ask if thats possible.

But as a healer, I get some ok matchs, alot of bad matchs, and only having 13 wins and 70 loses in the last 3 weeks makes me feel disheartened to play a imperial. But I'll try till I can't take it and then take a few more months off from pvp and focus back on pve. Carreer wins 442, carreer loses 2831, got to love solo queing as a pug.
60 Zohkar (Guardian) 60 Sa'brina (Immortal)
60 Zankar (Shadow) 60 Selura (Corruption)
60 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 60 Sil'mara (Operative)
60 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 60 Sondrea (Shieldtech)