Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harbinger Guild Leader's Website

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Harbinger Guild Leader's Website

Veco
05.15.2013 , 11:05 AM | #1
Harbinger Guild Leaders, a website has been created so we can talk to one another about topics related to running a guild. Some of you have a vast experience as a guild leader and for some of you this could be your first time running a guild. This site will bring us all together to share information with one another in order for us as guild leaders to be able to better serve our guild members. This is not a guild but only a gathering place for us to communicate with one another. There is a mumble channel so we can voice chat since messaging and forum threads won't always be able to convey the message you are trying to portray. We have created an in game chat channel on the Imp side for guild leaders to use. We would also like to be able to lean on one another when drama arises with SWTOR players who are greifing and harassing our guild members. I believe as a council we could to some extent be able to take actions to mitigate and discourage such behavior.

We are looking forward to getting to know you all and picking your brains on how you run your guild!

Go to www.theharbingersdarkcouncil.sithportals.com to apply.

AngelFluttershy
05.15.2013 , 11:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Veco View Post
Send in game email to any of our members for information on how to join.
Carlenx (Hatred)
Shaylah (Animosity)
Atriss (APEX)
Shadowshot (Harbingers Crafters)
Diath (Psy-Ops)
Sucheva (Coupe De Grace)
Narec (The Great Sith Order)
Vec'o (Genesis)
I see there is a strong Republic guild representation here.

Billyisgod
05.15.2013 , 11:21 AM | #3
I'm down if you want to put me on the list.
Sappin you for Dayz!

Dlegofan
05.15.2013 , 04:29 PM | #4
I'm the leader of The Society. You can put me down too. Damasta is my main.

Veco
05.15.2013 , 04:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelFluttershy View Post
I see there is a strong Republic guild representation here.
Republic guild leaders are welcome!!!

Gidrea
05.16.2013 , 01:19 PM | #6
I'll join. I keep a list of thieves and jerks that might be worth sharing.

Gidrea for Shock and Jawa
Esria for Ebil Jawas

Quote:
Shadowshot (Harbingers Crafters)
Is this THE Shadow that I know from Mask of Nihilus?
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Carlenux
05.16.2013 , 04:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
I'll join. I keep a list of thieves and jerks that might be worth sharing.

Gidrea for Shock and Jawa
Esria for Ebil Jawas

Is this THE Shadow that I know from Mask of Nihilus?
shadowshot is a sniper... his SSin is Techbee, not sure his old guilds... he was in Motion i believe, then hatred, now haterade, idk before
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

Gidrea
05.16.2013 , 04:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
shadowshot is a sniper... his SSin is Techbee, not sure his old guilds... he was in Motion i believe, then hatred, now haterade, idk before
Shadowgrave was a Republic player... he had several "Shadow______" toons. Not sure about Imp side.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Uglyworm
05.16.2013 , 07:19 PM | #9
Drawing upon my many years of experience as an MMO guild leader, I offer the following pieces of advice to my fellow Harbinger GMs:

1. If your guild uses a standard application form for recruitment, do not make one of the questions "What kind of chicks do you like?" Aside from being juvenile and misogynistic, it can be unwelcoming to female players who may wish to join your guild.

2. If your guild is into progression raiding, do not use a known exploit to defeat a boss and then claim it as a legitimate kill. When other players call your guild out on the forums for cheating, do not defend your actions as being a creative use of intentional game mechanics.

[Edit]
One of my esteemed guildmates reminded me of some additional advice I should share with the GMs of The Harbinger:

3. Your guild is a unique and special snowflake. Do not use the raid progression thread on these forums to post your guild's kills. Instead, create a whole new topic to announce your guild's awesomeness whenever you down a new boss.

4. Encourage your guildmates to ninja loot in PUG flashpoints. Who cares if they're a Sith Inquisitor rolling on Aim gear; they need that Enhancement!

5. Whenever you kick someone from your guild, be sure to create a new forum thread here to announce the removal. Nothing demonstrates the bonds of friendship that form amongst your members like publicly sharing your guild's internal drama.

mlbrogueone
05.17.2013 , 09:15 AM | #10
Delusions of Grandeur (Pub) and our Sith Guild Delusional would like to join up.