Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

added benefits of a security key....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
added benefits of a security key....

ImmortalLowlife
05.15.2013 , 07:44 AM | #1
I just dl & installed the security key on my phone. I know it provides added security & 100 extra CC's. Are there any more benefits I should expect? Also, am I supposed to ask it to generate a code or something every time I log into the game? ( I haven't actually played since I dl it.)
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

Vilda
05.15.2013 , 07:52 AM | #2
Access to Security key vendor.

Enjjeha
05.15.2013 , 08:06 AM | #3
you will get access to the security key vendor (one is on the fleet near the lifts to personal star ships) and correct me if I'm wrong but their might be one on the home world planets ( coruscant for republic and dromund kaas for imp)

and you will have to enter the code in the 3rd space labeled security key every time you wish to log in
The Force. It surrounds us; it enfolds us; it gets us dates on Saturday nights.
- Obi Wan Kenobi, Famous Jedi Knight and Party Animal.

MadHobbit
05.22.2013 , 11:47 PM | #4
I started another tread about this but have a question, i have the physical security key and have trouble reading the numbers, does the app allow you to have larger numbers? have a 10 inch android tablet coming soon,and would switch if i could make larger numbers.

cabled
05.23.2013 , 03:04 AM | #5
well, the app produces larger numbers on my smartphone then it does on the physical key so its a safe bet that the numbers would be larger yes. just a question of how much.
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

cyvaris
05.23.2013 , 05:39 AM | #6
Correct me if I'm wrong but...I thought only the physical key provided the Cartel Coins.

GoldenHornet
05.23.2013 , 05:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cyvaris View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but...I thought only the physical key provided the Cartel Coins.
You are wrong.

I've never owned a physical key, I just use the Android app. I get my 100CC bonus every month.

wanttornow
05.23.2013 , 05:46 AM | #8
Then consider yourself corrected ;-) I have the key on an iPhone and get the 100CCs per month bonus.

Saiyanbob
05.23.2013 , 09:24 AM | #9
All of the keys, physical key or app, give 100 cc per month as well as access to the security key vendors through out the galaxy. My favorite is the companion customizations from the security key vendor on the ilum space station.
<Fate of the Unwanted>
Tücker the Lightning Sorceror

tgokovenant
05.24.2013 , 10:26 AM | #10
I've actually found some decent looking armor dyes at the security key vendors as well, and they're actually really cheap.
Lek'saen (Sorcerer) | Lek'san (Marauder) | Lek'sara (PowerTech)
Red Eclipse