Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

human hair pack unnesscarily restrictive

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
human hair pack unnesscarily restrictive

BrianDavion
05.14.2013 , 01:47 PM | #1
gotta say BW I'm dissappointed the human hair pack ONLY covers humans. I mean why can't it also cover cyborgs minilarians etc. these races just use human hair types so why not allow us to buy it? seems like your hurting yourself in the long run

Sigmaringen
05.14.2013 , 01:52 PM | #2
Agreed. I'm afraid what will happen is we'll have to pay to unlock the same hairstyles on different races. Not looking forward to that.
The Solair Legacy - Holocron -
Nivaya 55 Shadow / Lantia 35 Sentinel / Kela'selai 30 Vanguard
Savira 55 Sorceror / Aedri 55 Powertech / Saeka 52 Sniper / Cournai 51 Juggernaut

Nichos_Ketra
05.14.2013 , 02:06 PM | #3
That same is true of the hair color pack, as well. Even for species that share the same hairstyles.

Yodawizard
05.14.2013 , 02:07 PM | #4
I would go as far as saying these hairstyles are racist....

DarthTHC
05.14.2013 , 02:11 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sigmaringen View Post
Agreed. I'm afraid what will happen is we'll have to pay to unlock the same hairstyles on different races. Not looking forward to that.
And I was about to type that very same thing...
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alec_Fortescue
05.14.2013 , 02:12 PM | #6
Male hair looks bad. That qui-gon style haircut makes my forehead HUGE.
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.

Nyaara
05.14.2013 , 02:13 PM | #7
Dont worry, more hairycuts and colours will come soon inside gambling packs via CCs.

This is only the beginning....You just saw the top of the iceberg...

Lung_Tien_Lien
05.14.2013 , 02:14 PM | #8
I'm sure they'll give you the opportunity to unlock them on different races as well. For the low fee of 240CC per race!

Honestly, this makes me shake my head more than anything else. I'm not sure why since I don't plan on buying them, but... such an arbitrary restriction. For some reason I expected the hairstyles to be included with the Appearance Designer as an incentive to change your hairstyle... no idea where that thought came from, though

Again, before people come and start ranting at me about how subs get 500CC per month, I had no plans to change my characters' appearances in the first place and still don't. Just because something doesn't affect me doesn't mean I can't question it, though.

Neverlast
05.14.2013 , 02:16 PM | #9
Yip. Absolutely stupid.

Someone in general told me I wasn't human, I was a cyborg. Something absolutely different.

If so... why don't I have metal arms or legs? and just a few implants on the face?

They take every asset of the human models then slap on some shiny bits to the face.

Zakaan
05.14.2013 , 02:18 PM | #10
All of the races are simply recolored humans with different customizations anyway.