Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CE Dye - Unbound: Intended?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CelCawdro
05.14.2013 , 12:10 PM | #1
As is, anyone who bought the Collector's Edition can freely give the dyes found on the exclusive vendor away to those without. Is this intended?

CelCawdro
05.14.2013 , 12:31 PM | #2
Everyone and their pet Wookiee is hawking these things on the GTN and in Trade. What was supposed to be exclusive is quickly becoming the most common look in the game.

Echriado
05.14.2013 , 12:33 PM | #3
Again, as I said in a previous thread, both of the dyes are reaaaaaaaaally bad. No sweat off my back. I was selling them for 5k earlier to those who do not have the CE vendor.

Lumpyone
05.14.2013 , 12:34 PM | #5
What are the 2 colors they are offering on the CE?

Solguden
05.14.2013 , 12:35 PM | #6
Yep.... not that I like the look of either of them anyway.... The security vendor got a much better dye than the CE .... I hope this is an oversight on their end and not intended. If so I hope they throw the a bonus dye or two on the CE vendor to replace these that are no longer exclusive.

Not asking for anything free/ just exclusive ( which is the way it was supposed to be)

JimG
05.14.2013 , 12:42 PM | #7
Blame your fellow CE owners.....they apparently would rather make credits than keep something "exclusive".

Luxidenstore
05.14.2013 , 12:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Blame your fellow CE owners.....they apparently would rather make credits than keep something "exclusive".
This is probably the dumbest thing I've read all week.
http://www.swtor.com/r/PMZhvb

Use this link to get 7 days of sub, plus prefered friends bundle.

CelCawdro
05.14.2013 , 01:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
The onus is on BioWare, who marketed the content of the store as exclusive - not the players.

EricMusco
05.14.2013 , 01:48 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

This was not intended, so apologies for that. The goal was for them to be accessible to CE owners directly. However, we are not going to adjust the current Modules as "the cat is a bit out of the bag" on this one and it is already accessible to the rest of the playerbase via trade/sale. Plus, the Collector's Edition folks will still be able to control the economy on this.

However, I talked to the team and the next time we update Dye Modules in the game, we will add another Dye Module to the CE vendor which will be bind on purchase. This way you will still have the two current dyes which you guys control the market on and in the future you will be receiving a Dye Module exclusive to just you.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]