Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Unify Colors" does not work with one-color dyes [PICS]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Unify Colors" does not work with one-color dyes [PICS]
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pietrastor
05.14.2013 , 07:33 PM | #21
Well, at least it seems like it could be potentially easy to fix. Primary-only and Secondary-only modules should have 'original color' instead of 'no color' in their "empty" slots.

Fingers crossed for quick fix.

Shoogli
05.16.2013 , 03:24 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Well, at least it seems like it could be potentially easy to fix. Primary-only and Secondary-only modules should have 'original color' instead of 'no color' in their "empty" slots.

Fingers crossed for quick fix.
: "Not broken slightly used dye system is feature"
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

ZeroPlus
05.16.2013 , 04:08 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Thanks for the reports! We'll be sure to look into this; once we have details, I'll get the bug posted on the Known Issues.
Any news yet on this?
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Mowermanx
05.16.2013 , 04:13 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
I'm thinking that's because "unify colors" can have a different palette for each slot -based on the set the chest is from-, instead of one being applied globally. Dye modules cause unify to use the same 2 colors for every piece.
This is probably why you get some 'weird' stuff... like the saberist armor causing gloves and boots to turn red even though it's fully gray. Or the trailblazer set having a black/gray chest piece that makes pants go red/gray with unify colors.
This post gets it.

ZeroPlus
05.16.2013 , 04:59 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
I'm thinking that's because "unify colors" can have a different palette for each slot -based on the set the chest is from-, instead of one being applied globally. Dye modules cause unify to use the same 2 colors for every piece.
This is probably why you get some 'weird' stuff... like the saberist armor causing gloves and boots to turn red even though it's fully gray. Or the trailblazer set having a black/gray chest piece that makes pants go red/gray with unify colors.
This post gets it.
Using "Unify Colors" has always caused some weird color combinations to come up depending on the chest piece.

The fact that using a black/gray chest piece causes other pieces to become red/gray is not what is being discussed here. Those are glitches (design choices?) with the system and people have learned to work around them.

What is being discussed here is different. There is *no workaround* possible with this issue.

Imagine if you will, the following:
  • You have a black/gray chest piece that causes *all* other pieces to also become black/grey when "Unify Colors" is used. You chose those other pieces because of their look and because the "Unify Colors" option provided you with the result you wanted.
  • You decide that you want to change the Secondary Color "gray" to "red" so you apply a Secondary Color Red Dye to your chest piece. The chest piece is now black/red and looks awesome.
  • You activate "Unify Colors" and expect all the other pieces to become black/red just as they used to become black/grey in the past. However, you now end up with:
    • a black/red chest piece.
    • a green/red pair of gloves (original color was green/white (for example), but it would become black/grey before the dye was applied)
    • a red/red pair of leg armor (original color was red/blue (for example), but it would become black/grey before the dye was applied)
    • a purple/red pair of boots (original color was purple/light blue (for example), but it would become black/grey before the dye was applied)
    • etc...

There is currently *no workaround* for this problem with the single color dyes, because it doesn't matter what other leg/glove/boots/etc gear you equip, they will always "unify" as "original color"/red while you have the Secondary Color Red Dye applied to the chest piece. As soon as you remove the dye, all other pieces again start to "unify" correctly and become black/gray (the original colors of the chest piece).

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Shoogli
05.16.2013 , 05:28 AM | #26
I wonder how and when they'll answer to us that this is not a bug and that's how the system works and how the shader system don't allow both single dyes and complete unifying...

Of course if they ever answer to us it's a bug that'll be corrected i'll be super happy, but considering some discussions some of us have had recently (but of course we could be wrong : let's still hope for that), the future of using single dyes and unifying looks grim :

Look here for example, some users have insights on why it happens. Start looking at the middle of page 3 then what follows on page 4.

SentinelDranoel
05.16.2013 , 06:05 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
If you put a secondary-only dye in your chestpiece and then unify colors, all the other pieces of your armor get reverted to their original primary colors and receive only the secondary dye color.

Without dyes, using regular unify color:
http://i.imgur.com/pMVIM3q.jpg

With a medium-gray secondary dye module:
http://i.imgur.com/XQsBH4h.jpg

The primary color from the chestpiece should still transfer even though it is not part of a dye. Dye modules are actually reducing the capabilities of the unify colors function.
Weird. I can confirm that the secondary medium gray works with the valiant jedi set. I wonder what is going on.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

Shoogli
05.16.2013 , 06:08 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
Weird. I can confirm that the secondary medium gray works with the valiant jedi set. I wonder what is going on.
If you mean with the whole set then you haven't understood the problem...

ZeroPlus
05.16.2013 , 06:56 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
It works in your case because you already have all the pieces belonging to the "same set" so they *all* have the same primary and secondary colors. So in this case, when you change one of the colors you will not see the issue.

See my post a few post above this one for an explanation.

Reno_Tarshil
05.16.2013 , 07:37 AM | #30
Dyed Armor Chest is Primary Green only, Rest is dyed White and Red.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ps67723c31.jpg

Instead of applying the Bright Green and Orange of the Original Chest, it only applies the Bright Green and the Red Secondary of the dyes I applied stay.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ps669ed27a.jpg

I understand some people find this a bug and want it to be fixed. But I have been waiting since release for Green and Red Bounty Hunter armor, and I don't want to be punished for being creative with the new dye system.