Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Unify Colors" does not work with one-color dyes [PICS]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Unify Colors" does not work with one-color dyes [PICS]
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darkemace
05.14.2013 , 02:30 PM | #11
The best fix would be two color slots.

Lumpyone
05.14.2013 , 02:32 PM | #12
So they will look at it, but shouldn't something like this been caught before release? Did no one think to test on armors which are both part of sets?

Anzel
05.14.2013 , 02:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Thanks for the reports! We'll be sure to look into this; once we have details, I'll get the bug posted on the Known Issues.
This would have been already known if you put this patch onto PTS. But you didn't because you knew how terrible it was. You knew that people would be disappointed and not buy anything so you kept it as hush hush as possible hoping people would spend their money before they realized what garbage it was. Great going. Now we have a garbage system that's filled with bugs.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

LordArtemis
05.14.2013 , 02:47 PM | #14
I think testing this entire patch on the PTS would have been the wisest move. In the future, before implementing features of this magnitude they MUST be tested on the PTS first.

It is important to gauge community reaction and identify bugs before release on long anticipated features such as these IMO.

ZeroPlus
05.14.2013 , 02:53 PM | #15
I posted a bug in the Customer Service forum because I didn't find this thread.

AmberGreen directed me here.

Hopefully we will see this fixed soon.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

TrooperSev
05.14.2013 , 03:21 PM | #16
Is this only happening when previewing the secondary colors? Or is this happening after actually dying the armor? From the pics it looks like you are in the preview screen. Is there anyone who would be willing to test what the actual result would be?

If that is the case, I assume that when previewing the dye, it's not applying to the chest only, it's applying to every piece.

edit: crafting some dyes to test my theory
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

ZeroPlus
05.14.2013 , 03:39 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TrooperSev View Post
Is this only happening when previewing the secondary colors? Or is this happening after actually dying the armor? From the pics it looks like you are in the preview screen. Is there anyone who would be willing to test what the actual result would be?

If that is the case, I assume that when previewing the dye, it's not applying to the chest only, it's applying to every piece.

edit: crafting some dyes to test my theory
It happens when applying the dye and then clicking on "Unify Colors". Please do test this.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

TrooperSev
05.14.2013 , 03:53 PM | #18
After testing, the primary color on the chest does not match after using a secondary dye module.

Using a primary dye in preview(out of mats to make, so can't test) is also causing the same problem in reverse. I'm thinking what another poster said that when the dye gets added to the armor it overrides the original color scheme in unify, causing there to be no color code to use. When looking at the armor after applying, the text says
[ no color l (orange)(orange) ]

How something like this made it past the testing phase is confusing. I was able to test this in about 15 minutes and it only took that long because i had to craft.
Dark Helmet - "So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

SammuelSK
05.14.2013 , 05:33 PM | #19
Should have clarified initially, yeah.. it happens when you apply the dyes. Preview was just the easier way to illustrate what is going on, as my original choice was grey... a colour thats not really as noticable as purple and green.
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

SilentKitty
05.14.2013 , 07:20 PM | #20
Well, hope it will get sorted. I have been lucky with the items that I have colored so far.