Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OH NO! Infinite Load Screen! ARGHH!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
OH NO! Infinite Load Screen! ARGHH!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

twpotter
05.14.2013 , 12:39 PM | #21
So why is there no sticky at the top of the forum at the very least to apologies to the many subscribers for a slipshod patch or even maybe explaining what you are doing to fix the problem?

Kissakias
05.14.2013 , 12:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by twpotter View Post
So why is there no sticky at the top of the forum at the very least to apologies to the many subscribers for a slipshod patch or even maybe explaining what you are doing to fix the problem?
sticky? should be
say what they do? LOL what Q is that? they do their best to fix the prob, what answer you expect? sssss
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--50980--achievement points--

-Esper-
05.14.2013 , 12:57 PM | #23
The problem is not only in loading screen. The problem is that u wait 10 or more minutes, enter to the game, but after 20 minutes or less the game drops u out, i.e aplication is closes and u must wait again, and again to enter in game.

twpotter
05.14.2013 , 01:01 PM | #24
Xp fixed. system restored to before patch and game working perfecto!!!!!!!

ldemsys
05.14.2013 , 01:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ronniehenlau View Post
This fix helped for me:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=164

Seems to me the issue is related to fullscreen tbh, or fullscreen windowed mode.
I am elderly and I am disabled so please let swtor fix this rather than depend on a user fix

skymap
05.14.2013 , 01:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Broja-Lew View Post
This did eventually work, it just wasn't instant, many thanks ronniehenlau!
unfortuantley didnt work for myself, still waiting to get into character screen
Red Eclipse

Patience is a virtue seldom seen in a woman but never seen in a Forum

BubbaZanetti
05.14.2013 , 01:18 PM | #27
Set my swtor application to run in windows xp service pack 2 compatability mode, windows vista/ 7 users should try this it has fixed my infinite loading screen yay

ronniehenlau
05.14.2013 , 01:25 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ldemsys View Post
I am elderly and I am disabled so please let swtor fix this rather than depend on a user fix
Well, that would be the best solution, what I posted was only a result of frustration, making random adjustments to files and seeing if they worked. If some people can benefit from it, that's great! But for the poor elderly people, waiting for BW might be an option.

I am a young wippersnapper who cba waiting for BW to fix this in Game Update 2.3: Fluffy Cuddlepoos, so I decided to give it a try :>

Denga
05.14.2013 , 01:29 PM | #29
Mine was doing this, I've just taken the compatibility mode off my launcher application in the swtor file and now it's loaded. Funny because I put the compatibility mode on for the last patch because it was crashing then!
"Who's the more foolish? The fool? Or the fool who follows him?"

Macropodmum
05.14.2013 , 01:45 PM | #30
Game dies as soon as I hit play, have done a patch repair from launch screen but no dice....So nice to know my sub time is being wasted
Isbish ~ Light of the Empire Harbinger