Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

Cleet_Xia
05.14.2013 , 03:20 PM | #31
I'm fine if they do this with the new toys going forward. Or even if they do that with the toys that came from the packs.

But, the toys that were bought straight from the CM - That's a completely different story.

This change devalues the CC purchases players have already made & takes away something that they paid for.

I'm hacked off, but If I had bought my kolto tank with CC instead of off the GTN - I'd be fuming angry right now.

And as for the older toys from the packs.... they need to be removed from the collection system and have their binding status removed. Just because that's not what players were buying when they acquired them either from the GTN - or from buying packs directly.

This is an obvious move to control the supply of toy items THAT WERE ALREADY SOLD - to drive up their prices on the GTN, to encourage players to attempt to acquire them directly from packs, and to sell unlocks for additional CC. This is complete CRAP.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Liwilliams
05.14.2013 , 03:21 PM | #32
Worst patch I've ever seen in a game. Amen to the OP.

jgoldsack
05.14.2013 , 03:22 PM | #33
Taking away established functionality for the sake of making more money from it is always a bad plan.

Toys were freely tradeable between characters after their initial acquisition. This has been removed purely for the sake of making money from it. It doesn't add benefit to the game at all. It does not add to the player experience. All it does is upset players, and line the pockets of EA.

Now, for items that were always BoE/BoP, I have no issues with the system, but these "toys", fluff items, fun items, were not bound. So the ability for a player to enjoy them as they saw fit was taken away and replaced with "you can enjoy them as you see fit, but only if you now pay us money to do so".

it does not matter if you are a sub or F2P, if you use your free CC or you buy CC, that is not the point. The point is, functionality and useability were removed from these items for the SOLE reason of making money off players.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Glower
05.14.2013 , 04:00 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
it does not matter if you are a sub or F2P, if you use your free CC or you buy CC, that is not the point. The point is, functionality and useability were removed from these items for the SOLE reason of making money off players.
^this
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

wahtboss
05.14.2013 , 04:04 PM | #35
you people are actually killing the game...

Alec_Fortescue
05.14.2013 , 04:09 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by wahtboss View Post
you people are actually killing the game...
Those people spending cash on cartel market are. They''re not actually helping... Cartel Market team is completely independent so it is safe to asume that very little, if none, of the profits made from cartel coins is not going int o development of content. And then instead of proper content we're getting more cartel market stuff on the regular basis. Coolest gear comes from there. And now all the features we were requesting and hoping that they will come as part of a content patch.

am I killing this game? I bought Ce and paid my sub loyally since December 2011... -_-

It's quote obvious that CHANGING an item drastically which was paid for with real money is bound to make owners angry. I bought the toys to use them across my characters. I can't anymore unless I pay more $. I was never warned it's gonna happen. It was a feature of toy items that they are re-usable and now it suddenly changed without anyone asking for it.

Cleet_Xia
05.14.2013 , 04:22 PM | #37
First off- the only FREE CC's in this game are the one's earned from the achievement system

Nobody asked for "FREE CC's" - we are being given them as a consolation prize. - because if they didn't give them to us, the majority of subs would have cancelled their sub.

If I had to pick between a CC grant & a cheaper sub price - I'd take the cheaper sub price in a heartbeat.

Nowhere in this thread thus far has anyone been critical of any part of the 2.1 update EXCEPT for the fact that they changed the way toys bind.

BW adds stuff to the CM I have to pay CC for - fine....
They want me to pay additional real world cash to get back something I had yesterday?

That's CRAP. And if it concerned a RL item - it'd be theft/ extortion.

ZombieCow
05.14.2013 , 04:54 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
First off- the only FREE CC's in this game are the one's earned from the achievement system

Nobody asked for "FREE CC's" - we are being given them as a consolation prize. - because if they didn't give them to us, the majority of subs would have cancelled their sub.

If I had to pick between a CC grant & a cheaper sub price - I'd take the cheaper sub price in a heartbeat.

Nowhere in this thread thus far has anyone been critical of any part of the 2.1 update EXCEPT for the fact that they changed the way toys bind.

BW adds stuff to the CM I have to pay CC for - fine....
They want me to pay additional real world cash to get back something I had yesterday?

That's CRAP. And if it concerned a RL item - it'd be theft/ extortion.
Exactly this. The CC we get arent really free. We pay for them monthly. BW is starting to get more and more ridiculous as time goes by.

/signed

Arlbo_Nabbins
05.14.2013 , 05:06 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
This is a quote from Eric Musco regarding an armor set which perfectly applies to this situation and Bioware is not being honest with us:
No, it does not apply to the situation at all. That quote relates to how things look, if they suddenly changed the in game appearance of toys then you might have a valid complaint.

You spent money? I got all my toys from the GTN for less than 10k credits each (most under 1k).

Cleet_Xia
05.14.2013 , 05:18 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
No, it does not apply to the situation at all. That quote relates to how things look, if they suddenly changed the in game appearance of toys then you might have a valid complaint.

You spent money? I got all my toys from the GTN for less than 10k credits each (most under 1k).
~ derptastic ~ 1/10

That quote is precisely relevant - because players based their purchase decision on the features of an item & then paid CC to get it ~ only to have BW then change what they spent their money on. That's exactly the same thing as what they've done to toys with the 2.1 patch.

So I guess you've got ball toss, glowy eyes, RC airplaine, and some banners? WHOA, that's amazing...I'm proud of you.

This thread is about the premium toys ~ the stuff that people bought hypercrates & the $20 life day bundle to obtain, or shelled out directly to the CM for.