Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Toys - we already paid for them. Bought them as they were. We should not pay twice!

LordArtemis
05.24.2013 , 10:00 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
To be completely honest, I really don't mind, either. I just take issue with people who trivialize the retroactive changes, because those complaints are completely justified. People bought those items, possibly with real money, as they were. They may not have done the same with those items as they are now. If people take issue with that, they're very much entitled to be aggravated.

Just because a change doesn't bother you, it does not mean that anyone it does bother should be belittled and bullied.
I can't argue against this. What I find important may not be important to others and visa versa, and I learned long ago to respect that fact.

I do think it's a bit messed up to change items like this...from unbound to bound. That usually doesn't go well when that happens in most games, at least from my experience.

But, for me it's ok...I gave them a pass. Not wild about it, but for me it's not that much of a concern.

But that is just me. I try to avoid any illusion that my opinion portends to some mass agreement.

Andryah
05.24.2013 , 10:24 AM | #102
To be completely honest, I really don't mind, either. I just take issue with people who trivialize the retroactive changes, because those complaints are completely justified. People bought those items, possibly with real money, as they were. They may not have done the same with those items as they are now. If people take issue with that, they're very much entitled to be aggravated.

Just because a change doesn't bother you, it does not mean that anyone it does bother should be belittled and bullied.
Nobody belittled you or bullied you over the subject, or anyone else for that matter that I am aware of. Stop playing faux victim.

And since it does not really bother, why all the pretense that it does? That just makes it look like you want to pick a fight over something you do not even care about.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

CelCawdro
05.24.2013 , 10:28 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Nobody belittled you or bullied you over the subject, or anyone else for that matter that I am aware of. Stop playing faux victim.

And since it does not really bother, why all the pretense that it does? That just makes it look like you want to pick a fight over something you do not even care about.
Never said I was bullied or belittled, although I just quoted an attempt to do so. Simply saying that I see certain toxic individuals displaying that behaviour here, dragging the community down. And for the latter statement, you have again defined irony.

Spatology
05.24.2013 , 10:35 AM | #104
Rehab is dumb anyway.

Andryah
05.24.2013 , 10:35 AM | #105
Never said I was bullied or belittled, although I just quoted an attempt to do so. Simply saying that I see certain toxic individuals displaying that behaviour here, dragging the community down. And for the latter statement, you have again defined irony.
Ad hominem attacks do seem to be your preference these days don't they? Now that .. that is irony.

Protip: you cannot bully someone in an internet forum. But hey if you feel there is bullying.. /report it. You are not the forum police.. so you do not get to define what is/is-not to convenience your agenda.

CelCawdro
05.24.2013 , 10:40 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Ad hominem attacks do seem to be your preference these days don't they? Now that .. that is irony.

Protip: you cannot bully someone in an internet forum. But hey if you feel there is bullying.. /report it. You are not the forum police.. so you do not get to define what is/is-not to convenience your agenda.
Again, irony.

Andryah
05.24.2013 , 10:42 AM | #107
Again, irony.
And... into my /ignore list you go. Bye bye.

LordArtemis
05.24.2013 , 10:48 AM | #108
Ok. That ship sunk pretty fast lol.

I would like to chime in on something...the toxicity in this thread. Of all places I would expect to see vitriol spewed back and forth this would not be one of them.

This is an issue, IMO, that should not invoke such irresponsible behavior. Passion, a discussion, perhaps even a bit of snarkyness, sure. But this level of toxic diatribe? Reading over the posts made I have counted 12...thats 12 folks...12 violations of the forum rules.

I wish there was some way to get across the absolute fact that it is possible to restrain yourselves, more so since you have a natural buffer...called a keyboard.

Please cut it out. Let's discuss this amicably, not tear each other to shreds.

Whew.

Moving on, I would ask those concerned about the change...is there something that can be done, short of returning it to the way it was before, that would satisfy? What about a bind to legacy?

WillHolmes
05.24.2013 , 11:23 AM | #109
why are we surprised at all EA again was voted worst company in the world and AGAIN just brush it off their shoulders like nothing. the company is made of lieing theifing immature employees and bosses who couldnt find a good review of their company to save their lives.

Just sick of the way they treat their community no *********** clue why im subscribed if we dont get **** for it but 500 coins which u know they are secretly charging us for by keeping at 15$ sub
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

LordArtemis
05.24.2013 , 11:29 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by WillHolmes View Post
Ok, guess not. Well, it was worth a shot.

Iceskate uphill its going to be...got it.