Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Words of wisdom to BW

Thrayce
12.13.2011 , 10:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexsisrose View Post
no actually, their are no specific codes for specific editions, the preorder codes are exactly that. codes to show you preordered, it does not state what type you preordered, nor does it show when you preordered.. (when you redeem is when it states the date) it is simply a code to confirm you did in fact preorder, and if you didnt know. their were a limited number of these codes given to every store.. so as such their have been duplicates and even tripplicates of some codes.
My code from Amazon puts the following into my Code Redemption:

08.01.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order

I'm pretty sure each code had to be individual as the reports of "Code has already been used" are showing.

YouWishYouWereMe
12.13.2011 , 10:21 PM | #12
I know. But my point is that it is just ridiculous that we are having to deal with these types of issues.

Like I stated in the OP, I did not post this to get everyone's opinions. This post is meant for BioWare employees. This post is meant to be a publicized customer service support ticket.
One of the greatest Jedi slayers from the PvP heavy server of Bria in Star Wars Galaxies
====SuxToBYou====

gtftintin
12.13.2011 , 10:24 PM | #13
once you enter your COLLECTORS EDITION retail code thats when it recognizes your purchase of a ce..........so that whine is finished

the fact that you didnt get into day 1 and your are sad about that because you didnt preorder early enough. ends whine 2

and to finish off the waah post they added 2 days of access so that people could get more free time to play the game.

the launch is the 20th every minute u get to play before that is a bonus for just preordering it. so they are giving you a gift and all you are doing is crying for more.

the sense of entitlement around here is amazing

YouWishYouWereMe
12.13.2011 , 10:34 PM | #14
OK, allow me to break this down so maybe we can put a stop to the flaming that this thread is taking the direction to.

Quote: Originally Posted by gtftintin View Post
once you enter your COLLECTORS EDITION retail code thats when it recognizes your purchase of a ce..........so that whine is finished
I know this, it was explained in the rest of that response email I received from BW. I just didn't include the entire email message because I knew this post was going to be long enough as it was. This does not change the fact that BW is handling the issue poorly. End flame 1.

the fact that you didnt get into day 1 and your are sad about that because you didnt preorder early enough. ends whine 2
I never once said that I was upset about not being part of the first wave. Not even surprised that I'm not in the first day. If you notice from my OP my code was entered on 9-29-11. So yeah, I'm not expecting to gain EGA until about Thursday. This does not change the fact that BW is handling the issue poorly. End flame 2.

and to finish off the waah post they added 2 days of access so that people could get more free time to play the game.

the launch is the 20th every minute u get to play before that is a bonus for just preordering it. so they are giving you a gift and all you are doing is crying for more.

the sense of entitlement around here is amazing
I have absolutely no sense of entitlement other than the entitlement I AM entitled to for purchasing the CE. But that has been resolved via the response email I received. I completely agree that every second that we get prior to December 20th is a bonus. None of this last section of your flame had anything at all to do with what was posted in the OP. End flame 3.

Trolls and post flames do not help the situation.
One of the greatest Jedi slayers from the PvP heavy server of Bria in Star Wars Galaxies
====SuxToBYou====

Paralassa
12.13.2011 , 10:41 PM | #15
Hi there!

While we understand your frustrations, the Customer Service forum is for those having issues with their accounts or accessing the game. There is, however, an active discussion topic for early game access/waves:

Final Wave Sent!

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!