Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Words of wisdom to BW


YouWishYouWereMe's Avatar


YouWishYouWereMe
12.13.2011 , 01:29 PM | #1
When dealing with such a large scale project such as this it is generally a bad sign when there are this many issues coming right out of the gate.

1. It wouldn't kill you to inform the uneasy masses with a little bit of intel on what's going on. I.E. "We let in everyone who had their pre-order code registered with our site by July 21st into wave 1" "We let in everyone who was registered by July 23rd into wave 2" and so on..... This simple step would have prevented about 200 threads being started today (guessing). EDIT: I meant to release this information after the wave invites have gone out. Like after each wave release a statement indicating who all has been invited to give everyone else who is waiting around a general idea of what to ecpect.

2. A couple problems are to be expected and we as gamers have unfortunately become accustomed to them. The sheer mass level of issues today however, has given myself (and I'm sure quite a few other people) a very grim outlook as to what to expect. The mass levels of issues and almost non-existent presence of any Moderators, Admins or BW Employees is very concerning.

3. And lastly, but in my eyes it's the most important, I ordered the CE but in the "My Account" page when I click on "Code Redemption" in the right sidebar then scroll down to "Code Redemption History", the following is what is there:
09.29.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order
The date is correct but the Edition is wrong. Now, I submitted a ticket about this and the ticket has already been resolved. This is how the response email started off:
"Greetings YouWishYouWereMe, I am Protocol Droid F0-A3, and I have received your transmission. We apologize for any confusion on your part."
Excuse me? Confusion on my part, you say? No. I am very clear about the fact that I paid $150 for the CE instead of $60 for the standard. The only confusion is on your behalf by listing my redeemed code as a standard edition rather than the CE that I paid for.


In summary, 1. Inform your paying customers with some common courtesy. 2. I don't even know what to say about this one other than Wow. 3. When your company makes a mistake do not start off your response email trying to pawn off the blame to your customer.


To all non-BW people who read this: This is not a message intended for your input but rather a publicized customer support ticket. I feel that these are issues that need to be addressed and not just to any 1 person, but to everyone.
Now, you can flame me all you want but it does not change the fact that I am right with everything I mentioned in this post.
One of the greatest Jedi slayers from the PvP heavy server of Bria in Star Wars Galaxies
====SuxToBYou====

YouWishYouWereMe's Avatar


YouWishYouWereMe
12.13.2011 , 10:03 PM | #2
OK, so now that most of the crying about not getting first day access has died down a bit, I decided to give this thread a refresh so that in case BW is paying attention they can see a coherent statement that is directed at them and not just to vent fustration but to bring light to these subjects.
One of the greatest Jedi slayers from the PvP heavy server of Bria in Star Wars Galaxies
====SuxToBYou====

YurikArkady's Avatar


YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 10:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by YouWishYouWereMe View Post
The date is correct but the Edition is wrong.


Makes sense, because the date is what matters and the edition you redeemed doesn't.



As stated numerous times before, the preorder code you redeem doesn't matter. All the preorder codes grant the exact same thing, the colour crystal and some amount of early access. All that matters is the code you redeem when the game is launched.


Maybe edit the thread title "Words of Wisdom" is giving it too much credit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Crohadan's Avatar


Crohadan
12.13.2011 , 10:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by YouWishYouWereMe View Post
When dealing with such a large scale project such as this it is generally a bad sign when there are this many issues coming right out of the gate.

1. It wouldn't kill you to inform the uneasy masses with a little bit of intel on what's going on. I.E. "We let in everyone who had their pre-order code registered with our site by July 21st into wave 1" "We let in everyone who was registered by July 23rd into wave 2" and so on..... This simple step would have prevented about 200 threads being started today (guessing).
funny i said the same thing last month when they tested this...i see how that worked out

Quote:
2. A couple problems are to be expected and we as gamers have unfortunately become accustomed to them. The sheer mass level of issues today however, has given myself (and I'm sure quite a few other people) a very grim outlook as to what to expect. The mass levels of issues and almost non-existent presence of any Moderators, Admins or BW Employees is very concerning.
news to me and highly concerning. especially on a PvP server, good luck reporting any kind of harrasment.

Quote:
In summary, 1. Inform your paying customers with some common courtesy. 2. I don't even know what to say about this one other than Wow. 3. When your company makes a mistake do not start off your response email trying to pawn off the blame to your customer.


To all non-BW people who read this: This is not a message intended for your input but rather a publicized customer support ticket. I feel that these are issues that need to be addressed and not just to any 1 person, but to everyone.
Now, you can flame me all you want but it does not change the fact that I am right with everything I mentioned in this post.
lemme go find a flamethrower...wait no these are all relevant and valid gripes. even the one i deleted.

carry on
Militarygamers.com, serving those that came before us, served with us, and will come after us. Find out more at http://www.militarygamers.com
This is protocol droid sw-01 thank your for your bug report, expect no response from us because we really dont care. /ticket_closed

Alexsisrose's Avatar


Alexsisrose
12.13.2011 , 10:07 PM | #5
to comment, had you bothered to completly read the preorder FAQ you would know that it states in the FAQ, that all preorder's are setup as standerd edition and will be upgraded to collectors edition when you redeem your full physical version of the collectors or deluxe editions on the 20th, as well as getting the items at that time... thank you, have a great day. ^^

YouWishYouWereMe's Avatar


YouWishYouWereMe
12.13.2011 , 10:11 PM | #6
Oh yeah? It makes sense to show that I ordered the Standard on my account history page when in fact I paid $150 for the CE? It seems to me that it is a pretty simple thing to track which code went with which edition of the game that was purchased and to reflect as such in the account history.

This is the type of rookie level trivial mistakes that we should not be encountering when dealing with a 2-powerhouse-company collaboration. BioWare and Electronic Arts are 2 of the largest gaming companies around and these kinds of problems should only be had when dealing with a B level gaming company.
One of the greatest Jedi slayers from the PvP heavy server of Bria in Star Wars Galaxies
====SuxToBYou====

YurikArkady's Avatar


YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 10:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by YouWishYouWereMe View Post
Oh yeah? It makes sense to show that I ordered the Standard on my account history page when in fact I paid $150 for the CE? It seems to me that it is a pretty simple thing to track which code went with which edition of the game that was purchased and to reflect as such in the account history.

This is the type of rookie level trivial mistakes that we should not be encountering when dealing with a 2-powerhouse-company collaboration. BioWare and Electronic Arts are 2 of the largest gaming companies around and these kinds of problems should only be had when dealing with a B level gaming company.




So now that you've been told your issue isn't actually an issue and you're just ranting.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Alexsisrose's Avatar


Alexsisrose
12.13.2011 , 10:14 PM | #8
no actually, their are no specific codes for specific editions, the preorder codes are exactly that. codes to show you preordered, it does not state what type you preordered, nor does it show when you preordered.. (when you redeem is when it states the date) it is simply a code to confirm you did in fact preorder, and if you didnt know. their were a limited number of these codes given to every store.. so as such their have been duplicates and even tripplicates of some codes.

StarKiwi's Avatar


StarKiwi
12.13.2011 , 10:14 PM | #9
Sigh. As per the other poster, once you redeem the actual product code you will get all your ingame entitlements.

KardinCudi's Avatar


KardinCudi
12.13.2011 , 10:19 PM | #10
Its a game, A GAME, quit complaining like a CHILD. Geez, there is NO order, no no absolute structure to things, chaos always finds a way in, you should learn patience and understanding, this early access is a COURTESY, not REquired.
Pew Pew