Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

05.14.2013 , 11:32 AM | #21
Random Dye Colors......sigh.....

05.14.2013 , 11:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
Customisation Rip Off

The prices being charged for customisation of characters is prohibitive to your average player. I know, I know, its optional fluff etc. but I have waited a year to change a character name and have subscribed since pre-launch and it appears that subscribers do not even get one free character name change (or am I wrong here?) and 1000 coins is a lot!

There is nothing else to get excited about in this update, to my eyes and I'm a little dubious about reduced instance populations too . I hope its for the right reasons and not to mask possible population decreases on servers. I love this game and will continue to support it but to say I'm a little tee'd off is putting it mildly.

Looking forward to being corrected if I am wrong about character re-name.
Appearantly the free rename option we would get 1 per account (And originally was supposed to be free along with guild and legacy rename for subscribers) will be given later on, since they haven't figured out how to grant it the last 6 months or so.
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
Reward Info:

05.14.2013 , 11:38 AM | #23
As i see it, the direction they are going. Give no substantial reason to be a sub. There really isnt anything in this game that makes you think "wow im glad i pay 15.00 bucks a month." This double dipping is just going to get worse as time goes on. Yes you give me free cartel coins, i get that. But if i want to choose the new race, you force me to spend cartel coins on it, (btw the race is 300 coins, you give me 550... so i cant use a months worth on anything else... AT ALL, you know like name changes or appearance changes or new packs.. get it... spend your money to buy more cartel coins. 1000 coins (2 months worth) to change your name. FAIL)

ESO!!! You are going to steal 90% of the player base that plays this game on Day 1. BioWare really gives you no reason to keep giving them subs. Go play another game, when you want to raid, just buy the unlock. Done!!! Gear comes way too easy and way to quick to sub.

05.14.2013 , 11:40 AM | #24
You are not listening to your customers, it's evident with this patch.

05.14.2013 , 11:54 AM | #25
Not really caring about the patch or update or whatever its called cause I can't even log into the freaking game! Come on people test your stuff before releasing it on the unsuspecting population! I wanna play not sit here and stare at the screen like some kind of fool.

05.14.2013 , 11:57 AM | #26
This patch is something that insults the human intelligence once again by EAware.

Winter is coming cos EA wont learn or better....doesnt care.

05.14.2013 , 11:58 AM | #27
well I managed to log in after 10-15 mins of login screen, then thought Hey I'll check out one of these amazinf new customisations... got one, applied it then was logged out to server screen, so I waited then tried relogging in but to no avail.

Still waiting... patiently...
Red Eclipse

Patience is a virtue seldom seen in a woman but never seen in a Forum

05.14.2013 , 11:58 AM | #28
I'm hoping for a hotfix for the loading screen, and customisation is nice and all that, but i want more flashpoints, operations and class quest, more stuff you can actually PLAY

05.14.2013 , 12:04 PM | #29
WOTTTTT Cant log in FIX IT NOW I thought I was better of here then at Blizzard but looks like I was wrong =( 5 h to do update and after you are done I cant log in CRAP

05.14.2013 , 12:07 PM | #30
I just have one question before I purchase anything, since I'm planning to start up on another server: The Customization/Cathar unlocks. Do they apply to just that server, or to the whole account? Thanks.

Shadow Quickpaw.
Honestly, when it comes down to it, I don't think I'm a very "good" Jedi. And you know what? I'm fine with that. I trust my heart more than my head, and that's not a bad thing.
My name is Shadow. And I am a Jedi.