Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FatZomby's Avatar


FatZomby
05.20.2013 , 02:52 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Because it DOES help the profits. Had they simply allowed players to change basic features as part of this update like hair style, hair color, scars, tan, eye color - or hell, only a couple of those, people would have been THRILLED with this update for the customization it allowed. THRILLED customers tell the people they know. THRILLED customers spread their excitedness on other forums. THRILLED customers defend the game. THRILLED customers are your best freaking weapon in re-winning lost subscribers or keeping new players.
Ok. i agree to some point for customization. Please refer to above post.... however, appearance items are finicky at best when considering word of mouth advertising. I don't think something like this will bring back the once used to be subscribers all that much. New games/gameplay, missions, etc... is what will bring back players. Like what they did with the expansion for example...

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Instead - they created BITTER players for a quick 5 day run at some easy $. Rather than this being a NEW added FEATURE that improved SWTOR for the long term, it's simply another cartel item.
No matter what, every time something new is implemented, disgruntled players will always happen if they can't get it for free. No different than if your best friend was able to buy the type of car you always wanted that you couldn't afford. It bugs ya... In regards to this, I have seen it time after time with every new thing that a game creates. People always complaining about new stuff and what has not been taken care of yet and how unhappy they are...blah blah blah. When in fact, they could easily just quit the game if they didn't like what they were doing with the game....

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
And stop being so freaking literal, "asked" as in - that's what they "suggest" that subscribers should use their monthly pittance/handout/charitable gift of cartel coins for, for things we like in the store...after-all, that is how they design all cartel items right? With our monthly coins in mind.
I don't think the free cc's from subscriptions are based on the selling cost of an item. I think the selling cost of an item has multiple things to consider before listing the cost. Such as "How much are people willing to pay for said item?", "How many of those items should be out there?", "Does it improve you toons statistics?",,,, and those are just few examples. The free cc's you get each month being a subscriber is more or less based on teasing players to venture into buying specific items from the cartel market. Those cc's are kind of like a reward and additional promotion. So, in other words, those 500 cc's wont be able to buy you a whole new outfit, but will/can buy you a new article of clothing.

xorcist's Avatar


xorcist
05.20.2013 , 05:41 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by FatZomby View Post
lol. did I hurt your feelings? I must have because you propose no argument as to what I had to say....
lol? you?! Read your own quote from #263. See how stupid your remarks sound. You can not hope to defend from my post. That is of course why you are too immature to formulate a real argument, with anyone here. You decided you could take everyone on?! You are too dense to grasp the substrative purpose for what is going on. You see someone with a negative post and decide I'm going to be that one self appointed hero who can't even formulate an argument. I'm going to say its stupid because I am so cool. That should be good right there.

Buddy, I've got a ball here. Perhaps you'd like to bounce it. Leave the big boy talk to the grown ups, K?
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

FatZomby's Avatar


FatZomby
05.20.2013 , 06:36 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
lol? you?! Read your own quote from #263. See how stupid your remarks sound. You can not hope to defend from my post. That is of course why you are too immature to formulate a real argument, with anyone here. You decided you could take everyone on?! You are too dense to grasp the substrative purpose for what is going on. You see someone with a negative post and decide I'm going to be that one self appointed hero who can't even formulate an argument. I'm going to say its stupid because I am so cool. That should be good right there.

Buddy, I've got a ball here. Perhaps you'd like to bounce it. Leave the big boy talk to the grown ups, K?
Yep, definitely hurt your feelings....lol.
Why would I defend your post? It sounds stupid.
You mention that I was lame in my arguments. Seriously? Because I don't see you arguing much of anything. You are just simply attacking and it is becoming more apparent that you have no reasoning or logic behind anything that you say.

If you honestly think that all your friends will come back to the game because of a few customizations, you are daft. You might get one out of perhaps 20 (at best) to re-purchase into a subscription or buy that specific item. But I seriously doubt they will come back on the sole basis of getting that.....

I am not soo much defending the employees as much as i am giving them credit.... i am simply stating my point of view as if I were one of the employees or perhaps even the guy that makes the big decisions.... It is all about profit. And profit for companies is really the only real motivator in whatever they decide. If you can not grasp this idea, then it is apparent that you think everything should be for free.

Oh, btw. You can keep your ball. I have two balls and a bat......

Benfynyn's Avatar


Benfynyn
05.21.2013 , 08:15 AM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by cyvaris View Post
And it's responses like THIS that guarantee we won't have Dev communication.
OMG I broke the Dev communication. Now what are we going to do? Because up until I posted they were excellent at communicating with players.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sam_Doe View Post
But... But it hasn't happened. How can he provide pics of something that has not yet occurred? Secondly, what did you expect from an update called 'Customization'? 6 new Ops?
They have mentioned the SSSP for months. That plus the other list of usual promises without anything to substantiate that they are being worked on. I don't believe the hype.

And you should really learn to read. I didn't say that I expected 2.1 to include anything more than it did. What I did say was that next time they shouldn't have an update that's only Cartel Market. It was a strategical error on their part. More specifically, had they included the CM update with some new playable content the bulk of players would be focusing on that. IMO they should always make large CM updates like 2.1 in partnership with playable content.

And yes, I know it was off cycle. Like I said in another thread they should have just held 2.1 back and rolled 2.2 into it. CM only updates are going to continue to be black eyes on this game that it cannot afford.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

FatZomby's Avatar


FatZomby
05.21.2013 , 11:01 AM | #285
I have to agree with you on that with an only Cartel Market update. Something like that was a bad call. I would say a failed attempt, but at least they are trying something new on how to go about things. Too many games get stuck in ruts with a specific way of doing things and pretty much kills things for them.

Perhaps a new flashpoint would be good for all to try and play. Not just the level 50+'s that can play it. I like the normal, hard, and nightmare modes that they have... And normal should be something that everyone can play. Hard should be in the upper brackets, and nightmare should definitely be in the 50+. Idk for sure, but it kind of sounds good....lol

Anyway, i do agree with you on that.

Sunriser's Avatar


Sunriser
05.22.2013 , 02:10 PM | #286
I am really dissapointed with the new customization!

I really thought there would be more!
I think that there should for example be more hair types availible for the Cathar.

I assume that it was easy to add new cybernethics to the cyborg since there are about 40 new but only three new patterns for the Twilek.

And why does it have to cost 1 800 cartel points if you want to change race and name to your character?!

Hansojojo's Avatar


Hansojojo
05.22.2013 , 04:18 PM | #287
Not happy about customizition.Since we have to pay with cartel coins to edit our character.I understand for free to play players,but for we subscribers it should be free.
The Stronghold Legacy - 55 Sith Assassin , 55 Jedi Guardian.

Reek-Havok's Avatar


Reek-Havok
05.22.2013 , 09:40 PM | #288
I also dont understand why we have to pay collection with cartel coins for subs. When you purchase something its all under the same account subs should not have to pay for collection unlocks.

ipwnnoobsftw's Avatar


ipwnnoobsftw
05.24.2013 , 01:21 PM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by Reek-Havok View Post
I also dont understand why we have to pay collection with cartel coins for subs. When you purchase something its all under the same account subs should not have to pay for collection unlocks.
agreed

boltonballer's Avatar


boltonballer
05.31.2013 , 09:44 AM | #290
Im not sure if this is the right place but here goes. I'm loving the collection system but i was wondering if its possible to add my pathfinder cartel armour set (lvl 31) to my collection? I cant seem to find a way to do it ive been hearing things like take out mods and such but that can be expensive for a poor man like me. Plz help