Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dyarshin
05.16.2013 , 07:07 AM | #191
the thing Producer Cory Butler missed to mention was "You are not able to customize your character in any way that you personally want, you can possibly get only dyes that makes you go blind when using. Of course you can buy 2 useless random dyes per 200 cartel coins and hope to find "rare" finds in them like black/ black. Imagine how rare black/black must be in the empire. But apparently he has reasons to be proud about this... true sith runs around in brown/green or green/blue or white/yellow in his vision ...those are craftable and - if you ask me something for people with a hidden clown-trauma back from their childhood. SHAME on you guys! This is the worst possible scam i have seen a while in an online-game where customization is a matter of a lot of money and luck.
On a sidenote, i cancelled my subscription and can only hope a lot of other people will do that as well in order to make you guys at least rethink if this was such a good plan to rip people off in the end.....

marinesusmc
05.16.2013 , 09:02 AM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
I miss the days where you paid for a game and you got what came with it.
Me too I really don't mind the Sub fees they are not that bad I mean come on $15 per month that's almost the price of a magazine nowadays come on people.
"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter."

Just my 2 credits...

marinesusmc
05.16.2013 , 09:31 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by Khylwch View Post
People bash trolls because they waste air !
I'm experiencing a similar issue and I'm on Win7 64 bit with almost near all new tech only about 2 years old it does not matter what you're using you can still run into issues like this.
"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter."

Just my 2 credits...

Sneakycheeks
05.16.2013 , 10:21 AM | #194
I think its stupid that in order to use the "barber shop" kiosk you have to spend Cartel Points. Who's bright idea was that!? We should be able to spend Credits to change our character's face , hair , etc...not Cartel Points. Just another way for them to force some players to spend more of their real hard earned money on buying more Cartel points. Also I think its unfair that the Dye packs are random ((Luckily for me I just happened to luck out and get the color I was wanting.). We should be able to pick which color dyes we want to buy.

Sneakycheeks
05.16.2013 , 10:23 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by LawranceEttar View Post
Well now they put up this alert on the launcher:
"Crash to Desktop Upon Launching"
We are investigating an issue where "some players" who are running Windows XP may crash to desktop upon launching the game client.

Try "ALOT " of players or most who are running Windows XP. lol
Can't believe you guys didnt test the launcher for older systems that are posted as compatible for this MMO.

I tried calling your technical support line, but it said "45 minute wait." lolz

Lawrance
Good thing I have Windows 7. But I have been experncing a TON of Lag since the new patch went live.

Sneakycheeks
05.16.2013 , 10:26 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
As expected, clueless devs haven't included black, white or blue dyes. Not a clue what we want.
Actually I saw a few players online yesterday that had blue robes...so I do believe that there are blue dyes.

Sneakycheeks
05.16.2013 , 10:30 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
White/Orange is not white, white/blue or blue/white. Green/Blue is not blue.
lol what are you talking about? My main character used a green dye pack to turn his Jedi Robe Green..and I'm not talking about Green and another color..no it turned his robe SOLID green. And I've seen players with solid blue robes as well. Though I have yet to come across anyone with a white dye pack.

Sneakycheeks
05.16.2013 , 10:35 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Dah-sha-vane View Post
I would like to know why the subscribers have to buy the cathar skins. When you're a subscriber u should get those perks already especially when you've been with the game since the beta. And your team really needs to put more "details" in the vids like "hey, this update will cost you money" instead of letting us believe its free. Not cool pissin off clients who are already irritated with how things have been done.
Bioware stated countless times in the past that the Cathar would only be available through the Cartel Market.

Sneakycheeks
05.16.2013 , 10:42 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
Customisation Rip Off

The prices being charged for customisation of characters is prohibitive to your average player. I know, I know, its optional fluff etc. but I have waited a year to change a character name and have subscribed since pre-launch and it appears that subscribers do not even get one free character name change (or am I wrong here?) and 1000 coins is a lot!

There is nothing else to get excited about in this update, to my eyes and I'm a little dubious about reduced instance populations too . I hope its for the right reasons and not to mask possible population decreases on servers. I love this game and will continue to support it but to say I'm a little tee'd off is putting it mildly.

Looking forward to being corrected if I am wrong about character re-name.
I know how you feel. Since the day I created my main character I have not been happy with the face I chose for him. Flash forward..I'm so excited that BW is finally going to be putting a "Barber Shop" feature into the game..at long last I can finally fix my main character's face. The day comes..I download and install the patch and log on...I instantly go to the kiosk..all excited. Only to learn that in order to actually use it you have to spend Cartel Coins..***!? I'm so mad I should be able to use in game Credits for such a feature like in other MMOs..but no..you have to use Cartel Coins. Man I was so pissed.

slpuwitmymeat
05.16.2013 , 01:33 PM | #200
You know, i'm happy that this game is getting new content love on a reasonably frequent basis. However, along with the vast majority of other subscribers, I refuse to pay for something that subscribing should net me in the first place.

It is understandable to ask subscribers to fork out additional $$$ for promotional or specialty items on the Cartel market, but for basic things like race restrictions and character customization on the measly stipend that they supply subs? That is just absurd.

I reiterate, I like the content, hate the way it has been implemented.