Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amonoa
05.14.2013 , 06:03 PM | #111
So you're suggesting ppl have to buy new OS cause of one game? What if they have internet bank? What if they have tons of work, music or whatever on PC? ye ye USB... Or what if they simply LIKE XP?
Would you also cause of one pair of shoes bought whole new wardrobe?
Fact is game supports XP, check system requirements and fact is it worked perfectly until this update.
Fact is also I still cannot log in and launcher says they "investigating" (lol love this word) problem SOME XP users experiences desktop crash. What desktop crash if launcher doesn't even start?

DarthVengeant
05.14.2013 , 06:04 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
No it's not irrelevant. Nobody is asking you to buy a whole new computer. You just have to buy a new operating system which is different from a brand new computer. Irrelevant because it worked before? As, I said you are lucky it worked before.

Older OS cannot run newer games. This game came out over a year ago while it does support it. With new updates to the game the OS becomes even harder to maintain with the newer technology.

If you don't have the funds then that's fine. But don't expect a game to work with an old operating system.

For you people on XP: http://www.evaluesoftware.com/index....FYOo4AodkhIAvg

It's 70 bucks. Save up and upgrade. I should reiterate that they will support you through your XP issues. But expecting a miracle is your best bet. XP can for sure run this game to a point. You should really upgrade soon.
Your comment IS IRRELEVANT!! Telling people to go buy a new OS because BIOWARE didn't test their new update properly is flat out ridiculous. Everyone ran the game JUST FINE yesterday. You didn't tell them to upgrade yesterday did you? No. What if it was Win 7 that was causing the problem? Heh? Should everyone then upgrade to crappy Win 8 instead of Bioware fixing their game? Man, your comment is utter nonsense.

Yes, people CAN expect this game to "run on older OS" because it says "compatible with Win XP". I run SWTOR just fine with Win XP Pro 64bit, in full 1080 actually with settings on medium and high....until today. Now I cannot load the game at all. Who's fault is that? Biowares. I am not upgrading my entire PC just because of glitches or bugs from Bioware. This is Bioware, not me, who is the problem.

Furthermore, how does upgrading to WIn 7 fix the glitch? It doesn't. The glitch is still there. Maybe you should work for EA heh? They don't care about quality or fixing bugs. Just rushing out content and milking everyone to death with Cartel. That's why they are the most hated company 2 yrs in a row.

GratuaCuun
05.14.2013 , 06:59 PM | #113
yes yes yes

irrelevant and all that

rather than reporting this in a new thread, I'm just popping in here to ask - is there any report on fixing the dye modules not working during companion convo's?
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

spectreclees
05.14.2013 , 07:05 PM | #114
Sorry you guys do not understand how OS work. Expecting an old OS to run a newer game is a bit ridiculous. Yes, Bioware is to blame for the mishap. But expecting it to continue to run on a 10 year old OS isn't something I would recommend.

I'm not here to argue the point that it should work. Sure it should but as they continue to update the game do not expect perfection or it to continue to do so. If you cannot grasp how games and OS run together then I'm sorry to say you may be back here patch after patch.

Quote:
Furthermore, how does upgrading to WIn 7 fix the glitch? It doesn't. The glitch is still there. Maybe you should work for EA heh? They don't care about quality or fixing bugs. Just rushing out content and milking everyone to death with Cartel. That's why they are the most hated company 2 yrs in a row.
I'm on Windows 7 and I have not experienced this "glitch" you speak of. Just because you do not like my solution or what I am saying doesn't mean you have to bash me for it.

michaelra
05.14.2013 , 07:06 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
As expected, clueless devs haven't included black, white or blue dyes. Not a clue what we want.
Haven't seen black but I see White and Blue (at least on the Artifice Trainer that I can buy to craft)
Lyonnie (Tank | Jedi Shadow) | Lyon (DPS | Sniper) @Balmorra server

Rikalonius
05.14.2013 , 07:33 PM | #116
Whoa, I came here to bash Cathar and the stupid dye pack lottery, but some of the nonsense I'm reading is going to force me to jump in.

From the game FAQ: "Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later"

That's it, end of story, that is what the game is advertised to run on, so it damn well better run on it.

Second, I can see a boatload of people who don't know crap about how an operating system works. The only real differences between XP and 7 is the amount of bloatware that Microsoft has stuffed into in order to give you the illusion you are buying something new. They are like EA in that way. Microsoft would love nothing more than to get you to drop $100 a year on their "franchise" and make little to know progress in efficiency. The fact that the game doesn't run on XP is not because XP is old, but due to a coding mistake by Bioware. They will fix it, I'm sure, but to hear people suggesting players should go out and buy 7 is the height of ridiculous comments.

Where the game first came out, there was problems running it on Windows 7 and they had to put out a workaround, should those people have been told "Maybe you should fall back to XP (nobody would ever suggest anyone fall back to Vista, not even Bioware and EA)?

Talimar
05.14.2013 , 07:51 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelra View Post
Haven't seen black but I see White and Blue (at least on the Artifice Trainer that I can buy to craft)
White/Orange is not white, white/blue or blue/white. Green/Blue is not blue.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

msrose
05.14.2013 , 08:26 PM | #118
clown update, and not just cause my game wont run for more than 3 seconds, but because as a subscriber i cant even use the update without paying MOAR MONEYS
Havoc Squad Reporting for Duty!

DarthVengeant
05.14.2013 , 08:31 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
Sorry you guys do not understand how OS work. Expecting an old OS to run a newer game is a bit ridiculous. Yes, Bioware is to blame for the mishap. But expecting it to continue to run on a 10 year old OS isn't something I would recommend.

I'm not here to argue the point that it should work. Sure it should but as they continue to update the game do not expect perfection or it to continue to do so. If you cannot grasp how games and OS run together then I'm sorry to say you may be back here patch after patch.

I'm on Windows 7 and I have not experienced this "glitch" you speak of. Just because you do not like my solution or what I am saying doesn't mean you have to bash me for it.
I wont be back patch after patch because the game was designed to run on Win XP, as it says in the stats. I am computer savvy, i know what I am talking about.

Great, your on Win 7, so why the heck are you commenting then if it doesn't effect you? I love this stupid mentality people have "it doesn't effect me so it doesn't matter". Yes, it does matter to the people it effects. Don't come commenting about it. I don't go in threads commenting on problems with Win 7 do I? No.

oldladystinkfeet
05.14.2013 , 08:51 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackoutSNSD View Post
cant play because after i log in it just stuck on loading screen
smae here bro