Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lena-Lash
05.14.2013 , 04:47 PM | #101
I can easily buy a W7 with a fantastic nerd computer but I do not need to do so. First because WXP is indisputable one of best systems to run games non-DX10-11 and second because the game was running fine not 24 hours ago. So your comment is completely irrelevant, the game was stated as supporting XP and so will have to support XP.

LawranceEttar
05.14.2013 , 04:48 PM | #102
had all day to fix the login issue for windows xp users. when can we expect an update so we can enjoy the game we paid for as well.
The Force shall set you free...
"Jedi Covenant" PVE Server (US - Eastern)
GM - Knights of Old Enclave guild
http://knightsofoldenclave.enjin.com

TRDK
05.14.2013 , 04:49 PM | #103
Go WINDOWS 7! Rock some FACES

Talimar
05.14.2013 , 04:51 PM | #104
As expected, clueless devs haven't included black, white or blue dyes. Not a clue what we want.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

TRDK
05.14.2013 , 04:53 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
As expected, clueless devs haven't included black, white or blue dyes. Not a clue what we want.
You are so wrong check again.

Macropodmum
05.14.2013 , 05:05 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by SonOfSega View Post
I'm on Australasian server but havn't logged on yet so not sure if this will effect me.

Is anyone in Australasia having log in / load issues?
Yes I'm on Dalborra and having the game vanish after hitting play

Quote: Originally Posted by LawranceEttar View Post
...to be fair alot of us may not have the additional funds to buy a new computer system at the moment, and they advertised support for Windows XP. Your comments are irrelevant.

My Windows XP machine was working fine 24 hours ago before the new update. No issues.
^^ This!!
Isbish ~ Light of the Empire Harbinger

tinaslynn
05.14.2013 , 05:08 PM | #107
Crash to Desktop - WINXP style
Ok, so I did a system restore and the game loaded fine, but the new character customization screen is black and unusable. So I did a repair and now we are back to the crash when hitting play.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Talimar
05.14.2013 , 05:17 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by TRDK View Post
You are so wrong check again.
Bought all the dyes that my trainer has.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"

Talimar
05.14.2013 , 05:18 PM | #109
*sigh* Eradicators Mask isn't even the same as the one in the video.

spectreclees
05.14.2013 , 05:21 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by LawranceEttar View Post
...to be fair alot of us may not have the additional funds to buy a new computer system at the moment, and they advertised support for Windows XP. Your comments are irrelevant.

My Windows XP machine was working fine 24 hours ago before the new update. No issues.
No it's not irrelevant. Nobody is asking you to buy a whole new computer. You just have to buy a new operating system which is different from a brand new computer. Irrelevant because it worked before? As, I said you are lucky it worked before.

Older OS cannot run newer games. This game came out over a year ago while it does support it. With new updates to the game the OS becomes even harder to maintain with the newer technology.

If you don't have the funds then that's fine. But don't expect a game to work with an old operating system.

For you people on XP: http://www.evaluesoftware.com/index....FYOo4AodkhIAvg

It's 70 bucks. Save up and upgrade. I should reiterate that they will support you through your XP issues. But expecting a miracle is your best bet. XP can for sure run this game to a point. You should really upgrade soon.