Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Petition] Buying individual pieces via Collections Menu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Petition] Buying individual pieces via Collections Menu
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Undeadbanana
05.14.2013 , 10:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
So you're saying I should be able to go and buy the Eradicator's belt on the GTN for 25k, then unlock the full set via collections for me to receive all of the items free?

Never, ever gonna happen with EA.
You should read more carefully...

He's asking for INDIVIDUAL unlocks. That means whatever item he unlocked, he should be able to buy that item for other characters, rather than having to buy a full set for 1-2 pieces.
I like to lurk

WillCaedes
05.14.2013 , 10:41 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Undeadbanana View Post
You should read more carefully...

He's asking for INDIVIDUAL unlocks. That means whatever item he unlocked, he should be able to buy that item for other characters, rather than having to buy a full set for 1-2 pieces.
Was about to post that, thanks haha.
Audio Customization for Weapons:
Thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...45#post7864645
Poll: http://goo.gl/Y1Mvfk

leprosoar
05.14.2013 , 10:42 AM | #13
/signed

They should just keep track of the items you have so far and let you purchase the unlock. Revan's set can be a pain in the *** to get it full, either with credits or buying packs. Since the mask is one of the most rare items from the Blockade pack, it should be separated from the rest of the pieces. Gloves and Sash are not even in the same pack I believe (They are on Space Pirate?)

trustersama
05.14.2013 , 10:42 AM | #14
/signed

I was super happy when I read the interview about copying the revan's mask to all your companions. But now that it require full set ( Belt + Gloves ) are going on GTN for 1-3m+ due to this.

A suggestion on CC cost to unlock them. If the armor collection is 6 pieces, players can pay 1/6 of the normal cost for each part to unlock so if the set cost 600 CC then 100 CC for the mask and so on. Or they could take more for the mask / chest and less for the bracers / belt.

Sziroten
05.14.2013 , 10:47 AM | #15
/signed
T3-M4 (former-Exar Kun)
Tark/Merk, Immacolata, Psychlon, Vorov, Zhadow, Kahum, Shee'la, Homeopathy
Bessel , Mercenary, Spetnaz, Shaa'li, Widir

OddballEasyEight
05.14.2013 , 10:49 AM | #16
/signed.

This is a really dumb move by Bioware.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

ML_DoubleTap
05.14.2013 , 10:51 AM | #17
/signed

Horrible decision. I was incredibly disappointed when I found I couldn't equip the Eradicator's chest piece on other toons
Bonkurz

Stormtrooperhobo
05.14.2013 , 10:52 AM | #18
/Signed

Patch notes:
Once an item or gear set has been acquired on a single character, the player can use Cartel Coins to unlock that item or gear set for all characters on the account, with the exception of level 15, 31, and 43 Adaptable gear and Cartel Reputation items.

spent all my CC i jsut bought on more box's for chances at cool stuff, now with very little left i goto transfer my skiff to all my toon... and it tells me it's gonna be that individual toon only..

Intentional false info, or just epic fail patch?

WillCaedes
05.14.2013 , 10:53 AM | #19
Again @ Bioware incase they lost the main theme of this thread during the pages that ensued:

We're mad/sad because we were misled by an interview with a Dev, as well as reported news stories linked in the Original Post of this thread.

We do not feel as though we should be required to own an entire set when some of us build custom looks with puzzle pieces of multiple sets for our distinct look/character.

Please please PLEASE remedy this.
Audio Customization for Weapons:
Thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...45#post7864645
Poll: http://goo.gl/Y1Mvfk

SithEBM
05.14.2013 , 10:58 AM | #20
This patch is a scam.