Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Petition] Buying individual pieces via Collections Menu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Petition] Buying individual pieces via Collections Menu
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JohnnyIsBravo
05.14.2013 , 02:44 PM | #101
/signed

I WANT MY FREE DYES THAT THEY PROMISED!

WarsTrek
05.14.2013 , 02:46 PM | #102
/signed

I, like many of you, was looking forward to unlocking my Revan's Mask on all my characters. I'm really disappointed and angry that BW had the gall to go back on pretty much everything that was released about the Collections system up until now. I just don't have the time to sit around and grind out the credits to get every piece (just need the gloves and belt for a full set). I too am thinking about letting my sub lapse.

The reason I like STO (Star Trek Online) better than SWTOR at this point is that it truly is F2P. It does not cost money to change your outfit or customize your character in the game (you can do microtransactions for outfits like in SWTOR) and once you unlock that outfit, it is available for all characters on your account without an extra charge. I was thinking that the collection and customization systems were going to be leveling out the differences between the 2 games and it would be a hard decision about which game to play more. Fortunately, the BW people have made that decision for me. Sorry, but if you want to keep your players paying, don't lie to them.

WarsTrek
05.14.2013 , 02:50 PM | #103
Also, seriously? Not one response from BW. I have seen a one or two responses on similar threads that basically are reiterating what is now the policy of "Please get the whole set and make it bound to a character, then it will unlock. If not, let us know." They must either be too ashamed to say anything or they don't want to get called out for being liars after they post their response. Come on, own up to what you did: you told players the collection system would be on a per item basis (you even explicitly used the example of Revan's mask!!!), and now you have decided to throw that whole idea out the window and make us get the whole sets (which is clearly just a thinly veiled money grab)! I wouldn't mind giving you the money if you delivered what was promised and not what we got.

fthecook
05.14.2013 , 02:57 PM | #104
/signed

PathosRah
05.14.2013 , 03:03 PM | #105
I spent about $2,500 to get a new video card, power supply, RAM upgrade, 50" monitor, new mouse, keyboard and bought the collectors edition of SWTOR. This game like (Star Wars Galaxies that I played for 8 years from launch to disconnection date) before it has SOOOO much potential and it's updates like that are extremely frustrating. Did you forget that WE are your customers and WE suggest the direction of the game?

So here we are today and you sort of listened to the community. Sure, I dropped $300+ more on cartel coins because I can afford it and frankly I got 30 pair of the same gloves, lame boots and maybe 5-10 items that were decent guns and a couple sabers out of the packs. Now I'm annoyed because the limitations of customization are laughable. Oh and WHERE ARE WOOKIES???? Seriously, I never knew there was a "LIFE OF PI or Chester Cheetah" cat in Star Wars. Why the Cathar? Um.../

There are also ZERO perks for those who purchased the collectors edition and now that we have free play, Warzone are filled with players who have zero clue how to play and it's ruining the game. Ok rant off...

Squigs
05.14.2013 , 03:22 PM | #106
/signed

Ayradyss
05.14.2013 , 03:31 PM | #107
/signed, /agreed, all that!

I can't agree more that this should track the individual items and make them available as you have them, not require you to obtain a full set of items -- especially when many are not even sold as sets but as individual items. What's more, even that doesn't seem to be working. I've got a number of items that simply don't seem to be registering with the system to show that I own them. What does it take? I've got items in inventory that don't register, some that do. Same with the bank/cargo. Do I have to equip them? I used a couple toys and got credit, used others and nothing. (The Hutt trainer holo from pre-ordering Makeb, for instance, doesn't register no matter what I do with it.)

This whole system is a big disappointment as implemented, even if it would register the items I have, which it doesn't always. (And don't get me started on the Dye system. Totally another topic, but even bigger fail, IMO.)

BrettMj
05.14.2013 , 03:43 PM | #108
Signed.

Avicii
05.14.2013 , 03:51 PM | #109
Its seems there will be no response to this thread or the concerns as they clearly dont see anything wrong with it. If they did they would've changed it.

I for one will not use CC for any of this ****, this is the one thing I was looking forward and unlocking different pieces of sets from my mains for alts to combine. I really hope most people are not unlocking anything with this feature using CC that will send the strongest message to this frack up.

Adarknoss
05.14.2013 , 03:55 PM | #110
/signed

I want 100% to damn content!