Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't start game since 2.1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sverrir
05.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi guys,

Just to be clear, the 2 issues appear to be separate. For players who are getting a load screen, please wait, and this should drop of after 7-10 minutes (not ideal of course, and we're looking into why there's such a wait).

If you're getting no game screen at all, do you get a flash before everything disappears? Also, please check your Reliability Monitor to see if there's any reference to a game crash within that time frame. To do so open the search box and enter "view reliability history". In the tool that appears, search for a red "X" with a reference to swtor.exe, and include that info in a reply.

Sorry for the inconvenience casued, and thanks for the reports.
no flash, the launcher disappears and then just nothing. still searching for that "view reliability history" (windows xp)

Deadhart
05.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #12
This is how it looks in log.
Spoiler

That's all that is in there.

Vyndikator
05.14.2013 , 09:39 AM | #13
I believe the "reliability history" is for Windows 7. I have XP, so this isn't an option.

Like some others, I can't get in. I get the launcher, enter in my information and get the next window and click start. Then this window disappears and I get the mouse pointer with the hourglass for about ten seconds, and then nothing.

I don't get a flash or anything else. Simply nothing.

Redron
05.14.2013 , 09:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post

If you're getting no game screen at all, do you get a flash before everything disappears? Also, please check your Reliability Monitor to see if there's any reference to a game crash within that time frame. To do so open the search box and enter "view reliability history". In the tool that appears, search for a red "X" with a reference to swtor.exe, and include that info in a reply.
Sorry for the inconvenience casued, and thanks for the reports.
Checked. No errors related to swtor (no errors at all actually). WinXP sp3 x86 here.
Murderiser with flaming soul

BardaViccal
05.14.2013 , 09:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Vyndikator View Post
I believe the "reliability history" is for Windows 7. I have XP, so this isn't an option.

Like some others, I can't get in. I get the launcher, enter in my information and get the next window and click start. Then this window disappears and I get the mouse pointer with the hourglass for about ten seconds, and then nothing.

I don't get a flash or anything else. Simply nothing.
Lets hold hands and pray for the bioware gods to save our clients' souls

Redron
05.14.2013 , 09:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Vyndikator View Post
Control Panel -> Administration -> PC management -> Events -> Application or smth like that since I don't clearly remember how it's called in english.
Murderiser with flaming soul

Onomoe
05.14.2013 , 09:44 AM | #17
I also have XP and the same problem(((

Beesodd
05.14.2013 , 09:45 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the information given so far, it seems that the reliability monitor isn't giving usable info. Thanks for taking these steps.

For the next steps, can you try running a copy of the game setup file over the existing install, and see if this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Alexminzatu
05.14.2013 , 09:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadhart View Post
No, there is no flash or anything. Just a bit of processor buzzing like usual when it's doing something, busy windows cursor, and then nothing. Swtor.exe does appear on task manager and then just silently disappears
same thing happens to me too

Deadhart
05.14.2013 , 09:47 AM | #20
Found an applicaation error log, no mention of SWTOR.EXE crashing.