Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get ready for Clown College Online

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready for Clown College Online

Fleurdelis
05.13.2013 , 04:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Noblis View Post
Insane Clown Posse meets Dennis Rodman.

Tats. Garish, clashing colors. Mass hysteria !

Hopefully, SWTOR players have better tastes than some of the color/gear combos from GW2 or Aion.
Oh yea. Im all down for this.

JimG
05.13.2013 , 05:11 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
I am amused to see some of the hideous color combos they put on display to "showcase" the dye modules in the promo screenshots.
The color combos in the promo are Blue & Gold, Red & Gold, Silver, Purple & Pink, Red & Blue, Black & Red, Black & Blue, and Black. Those are "hideous" color combos? Perhaps I don't have your credentials as celebrity stylist or whatever other qualifications you may have, but those all seem like pretty standard color combos.
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
What's more amusing is that you can now selectively dye each piece of gear with any one of these yet unrevealed 48 new dye modules. Many will no doubt take this opportunity to apply pleasing uniform shades to all their gear. Some will not.
Not sure the basis for the Chicken Little comment here. People can already dress their characters in a tacky fashion if they want....and no one is forced to unify colors to chestpiece. If people want mismatched, then they can do that now in the again. People were calling for armor dyes since beta-testing precisely because this game WAS "clown college" at launch. Unless you had an entire set of the same armor, you had no option but to look mismatched. Now, you can unify to chest but if you're wearing pieces from different sets, they still don't necessarily come out looking the greatest.....pants are one that comes to mind. It makes absolute sense to give people the option to color their boots or pants without forcing them to color the entire outfit the same color. Again, this may go against your celebrity stylist background, but sometimes it looks better if the entire outfit isn't the exact same color....a little contrast can be good.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Clown college was fixed when they added the "unify color" option.
Exactly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
Brace yourselves.
Black or white dyed armors, in the hundreds, are coming.
Wait a sec....which is it? You've got one guy claiming everyone is going to dress like clowns and another guy claiming that everyone is going to dress all white or all black. Two completely opposite, incompatible predictions. The reality lies in the middle.
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Since Black and White and combos of those will likely be found in Cartel Packs only, I don't believe it will be as common as you might think. Only the lucky few and multimillionaires that can afford the inevitable GTN price gouge will have those.
The initial colors won't even been in the packs.....they will be for sale on the CM. The packs are designed way ahead of time. Anything beyond the first 48 colors could be in packs only....or the packs could contain duplicates of what you can buy off the CM. However, I think expecting black to only be available through packs is about as realistic as the people who predicted it would cost 3,000 to unlock the Cathar.

Andryah
05.13.2013 , 05:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Wait a sec....which is it? You've got one guy claiming everyone is going to dress like clowns and another guy claiming that everyone is going to dress all white or all black. Two completely opposite, incompatible predictions. The reality lies in the middle.
What about the Monochrome Clown League? They role play "old school" (as in: before there were color computer displays... OOOOOOLLLLLDDD School). They need lovin's too you know.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Shingara
05.13.2013 , 05:53 PM | #24
I wore all bright pink in gw2 on my male engineer charr, people stood there for 2 seconds thinking *** which gave me enough time to blow there brains out, looking wacky has its uses
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Andryah
05.13.2013 , 05:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
I wore all bright pink in gw2 on my male engineer charr, people stood there for 2 seconds thinking *** which gave me enough time to blow there brains out, looking wacky has its uses
LOL... you bring psych warfare to new levels, don't you?
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Blackavaar
05.13.2013 , 05:58 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
The initial colors won't even been in the packs.....they will be for sale on the CM.
They never said that.

Quote:
The packs are designed way ahead of time. Anything beyond the first 48 colors could be in packs only....or the packs could contain duplicates of what you can buy off the CM.
They never said that either. They said, "There will be 48 different Dye Modules at release. 25 will be available through the Cartel Market, 3 will be available from the Security Key and Collector’s Edition vendors, and 20 more will be available through the crafting system (schematics for some of which will be found on Reputation vendors)."

Note: that says, "through the Cartel Market." That does not mean that Cartel Market can't mean Cartel Packs, which I assure you it will.

Quote:
However, I think expecting black to only be available through packs is about as realistic as the people who predicted it would cost 3,000 to unlock the Cathar.
I think you are grossly underestimating corporate greed.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Niklarus
05.13.2013 , 06:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
What about the Monochrome Clown League? They role play "old school" (as in: before there were color computer displays... OOOOOOLLLLLDDD School). They need lovin's too you know.

Also known as the Sith Mime Guild, perhaps?

keysmachine
05.13.2013 , 06:07 PM | #28
Clown college was fixed when they added the "unify color" option.
i got a laugh at the trooper memes that were coming from the lack of unify color to chest option.

HumanPirhana
05.13.2013 , 06:11 PM | #29
The real question is...

When you look like the love child of a Decepticon and Pinhead, does it really matter what color it is?
This.
Don't make me get all green perpendicular up in this beeotch.
Yeah.
I said it.

Reno_Tarshil
05.13.2013 , 06:14 PM | #30
A guildie is gonna rename Havoc Squad into Fabulous Squad tomorrow by making every member wear pink trooper armor.

I have a similar idea, only gonna go for a power rangers look.