Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I Think We Can All Agree That..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I Think We Can All Agree That..

DontWorryItsOlly's Avatar


DontWorryItsOlly
12.21.2011 , 02:23 AM | #1
A majority of these complaints are because of low level PvP being unbalanced. Obviously there are going to be classes that are better than others at lower levels, but save this class imbalance issues until you hit end-game. But, there are some real issues such as:

-Sorcerers being able to sprint-to-win in Huttball
-Players disappearing through the floor in Void Star
-Party Frames not accurately displaying HP, therefore rendering healing an impossible task
-Chain-CC entirely disabling someone
-World PVP

Just to list a few

The following are not issues:

-Level 10s being matched with 25s. This is so you always have someone to que with. Sure, the level 10s most likely wont kill someone 10+levels above them but then can make a good impact
-Inability to chose Warzone. Would you rather everyone que for the same Warzone constantly and you see little variety? It also helps to reduce que times.
-Insert class here could burst me so easily. Lower levels of PvP arent balanced and would be nearly impossible to balance every level of all classes. Wait until you are level 50 to complain about broken class mechanics.

Ouza's Avatar


Ouza
12.21.2011 , 02:28 AM | #2
Yeah i was hating the pvp as an assassin.....then i hit lvl 22 and got a few gamechanging talents and abilities. Now its a FCKING BLAST! Still wish the lag would get fixed. Fps is somewhat of an issue....but it sucks having a 4 second delay on everything you cast

Sugarpill's Avatar


Sugarpill
12.21.2011 , 02:46 AM | #3
The more I read these forums, the more I'm convinced I am the only one who thinks PvP is fine (and loads of fun). I've had fun in PvP from level 10 to level 27.

-Sorcerers being able to sprint-to-win in Huttball - Don't let them near your goal line.
-Players disappearing through the floor in Void Star - I've actually never had this issue.
-Party Frames not accurately displaying HP, therefore rendering healing an impossible task - I HAVE noticed this, but I don't find it debilitating, since I tend to pan a LOT and look at everyone's health constantly.
-Chain-CC entirely disabling someone - If you're being ganged up on, you're going to probably die, regardless of CC.
-World PVP - As people level, this should be less and less of an issue. Right now, more people are focused on leveling than they are PvPing.

bluetorchy's Avatar


bluetorchy
12.21.2011 , 02:49 AM | #4
Yeh.. Think the balance comes into more question at lvl 50.
Bounty Hunter

obinon's Avatar


obinon
12.21.2011 , 04:16 AM | #5
The empire way overpowered against the republic
republic win only when the empire are compleet ******* or afk.


so they really need 2 balance the pvp

Sugarpill's Avatar


Sugarpill
12.21.2011 , 04:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by obinon View Post
The empire way overpowered against the republic
republic win only when the empire are compleet ******* or afk.


so they really need 2 balance the pvp
The Republic are pretty good at wiping the floor with the Empire on my server at everything but Huttball (god knows Empire gets tons of practice at this). Maybe it's just a server thing and/or you're getting lots of bad teams?

Jatne's Avatar


Jatne
12.21.2011 , 04:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sugarpill View Post
The more I read these forums, the more I'm convinced I am the only one who thinks PvP is fine (and loads of fun). I've had fun in PvP from level 10 to level 27.

-Sorcerers being able to sprint-to-win in Huttball - Don't let them near your goal line.
-Players disappearing through the floor in Void Star - I've actually never had this issue.
-Party Frames not accurately displaying HP, therefore rendering healing an impossible task - I HAVE noticed this, but I don't find it debilitating, since I tend to pan a LOT and look at everyone's health constantly.
-Chain-CC entirely disabling someone - If you're being ganged up on, you're going to probably die, regardless of CC.
-World PVP - As people level, this should be less and less of an issue. Right now, more people are focused on leveling than they are PvPing.
This guy is the first who makes sense. The issue is largely with player ability, or lack therof as opposed to a balancing issue.

CC is absolutely prefect in this game, stop complaining and learn when to sit it and when to break it. Also, this is not a solo game, it's a team game. Heals and shields are the counter to CC, get some friends.


Quote: Originally Posted by obinon View Post
The empire way overpowered against the republic
republic win only when the empire are compleet ******* or afk.


so they really need 2 balance the pvp
As classes are mirrored, the issue is with the volume and/or quality of Republic players. This sadly cannot be fixed by BioWare and is a player issue.
COME AT ME BRO
(No Moderators)

iFoo's Avatar


iFoo
12.21.2011 , 04:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sugarpill View Post
The more I read these forums, the more I'm convinced I am the only one who thinks PvP is fine (and loads of fun). I've had fun in PvP from level 10 to level 27.

-Sorcerers being able to sprint-to-win in Huttball - Don't let them near your goal line.
-Players disappearing through the floor in Void Star - I've actually never had this issue.
-Party Frames not accurately displaying HP, therefore rendering healing an impossible task - I HAVE noticed this, but I don't find it debilitating, since I tend to pan a LOT and look at everyone's health constantly.
-Chain-CC entirely disabling someone - If you're being ganged up on, you're going to probably die, regardless of CC.
-World PVP - As people level, this should be less and less of an issue. Right now, more people are focused on leveling than they are PvPing.

QFT.

I love the pvp and so does our clan, probably because we win 99% of our games due to being awesome xD

Nomanslander's Avatar


Nomanslander
12.21.2011 , 04:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DontWorryItsOlly View Post
A majority of these complaints are because of low level PvP being unbalanced.
That and the game just came out and no one really knows how to play the game. From my experience MMO players are some of the most anally retentive, perfection seeking, overly complaining bunch in all of gaming.

Another words, I care less what the group complaining now have to say, they're the impatient ones that get mad for dieing twice in a row in their first PvP encounter, and base all their judgement on that little bit of experience. =/

Give it a month or two, and once we see 5 page + analyses from players that know how to evaluate a game, and are capable of explaining thoroughly the pros and cons, that's when it's time to take heed.
Welcome to the TOR forums, where opinion = fact.