Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tython lovers side quest *obvious spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Tython lovers side quest *obvious spoilers*

SW_display_name
05.12.2013 , 09:56 AM | #11
I blackmailed them for their crystal and lied to the masters. Suckers.

But then my Sentinel ended chapter 3 as Dark V so ...

Bytemite
05.12.2013 , 10:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
It's even nicer to contact someone obviously more experienced and qualified to help sort this stuff out.
I'm sure that the Jedi Masters, with their wealth of personal experience in romantic entanglements and attachments, would be infinitely wise in dealing with the issue as opposed to irrational and reactionary.

Which is more likely to result in angry resentful darkside behaviour?

1) "The masters won't let us be together! They're forcing us apart! How could they do this to us!"

2) "You know, that other padawan has some good points. Maybe we should stop this whole relationship cheating the Jedi Code thing. It might ruin our lives and it's kinda messing with my head and judgement."

Helig
05.12.2013 , 10:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bytemite View Post
I'm sure that the Jedi Masters, with their wealth of personal experience in romantic entanglements and attachments, would be infinitely wise in dealing with the issue as opposed to irrational and reactionary.

Which is more likely to result in angry resentful darkside behaviour?

1) "The masters won't let us be together! They're forcing us apart! How could they do this to us!"

2) "You know, that other padawan has some good points. Maybe we should stop this whole relationship cheating the Jedi Code thing. It might ruin our lives and it's kinda messing with my head and judgement."
A mature person always has better judgement. Most teens, by definition, do not. Especially those two. Besides, I sincerely doubt that the masters would just pull them apart, cage them, forcefully separate them. Simply not the Jedi way. People who do worse than break the Jedi code are treated with more dignity. They'll likely put them under intense supervision, counselling, provide them with ways to switch their focus to something that is more useful and constructive than hormone toxiсosis.

The usual "Oh, they're monks, they know nothing about love/sex/whatever, they're just envious because their wee-wee no longer works" nonsense is wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG. Don Juan, despite his rich romantic life, was nowhere near mature about romance and love. On the other hand, you can perfectly manage as long as you know how to understand other people, and, more importantly, yourself - and this skill is much better acquired on the broad, vast oceans of life. I am a pretty late-bloomer myself when it comes to romantic life. I had no time for this nonsense. Studies, work, training. Experience, basically. When I finally got together with the young woman that I am with now she, despite being several heads above me in this sort of experience, told me how surprisingly mature I was in this kind of thing.

Besides, it's not early pregnancy that they're worried about. It's murder and mayhem. The Jedi have the full right to err on the side of caution, because if their student snaps, the damage inflicted by them will be their responsibility, because it was they who trained them to use the Force. Knight and Consular stories on Tyhon illustrate fairly well what happens to individuals warped by the Dark Side.
Spoiler
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

_biddan_
05.12.2013 , 11:00 AM | #14
i helped them,lied to the masters and then convinced them to renounce to their romance.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Callaron
05.12.2013 , 11:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bytemite View Post
One of the strangest things about this whole Jedi romance thing, I mean they're basically an order of mind readers. Wouldn't they KNOW?
Hmm? That's the first I've heard of that - sure, some author somewhere probably gave one of his Jedi telepathy, but even then it'd be far from standard (if it exists at all).
Kira even fools someone into thinking she can do it at some point and then basically laughs at them for believing her and calls them an idiot.
I think most Jedi, or at least the Masters possess a form of Empathy, Yoda's "Young Skywalker is in terrible pain" comment from the movies being an example of it - but that's far from Telepathy.
On topic; I've done all of the options so far across my various alts, except telling them to stop the relationship - I'll have to explore that one if I ever make a new Knight.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Helig
05.12.2013 , 11:04 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
Hmm? That's the first I've heard of that - sure, some author somewhere probably gave one of his Jedi telepathy, but even then it'd be far from standard (if it exists at all).
Kira even fools someone into thinking she can do it at some point and then basically laughs at them for believing her and calls them an idiot.
I think most Jedi, or at least the Masters possess a form of Empathy, Yoda's "Young Skywalker is in terrible pain" comment from the movies being an example of it - but that's far from Telepathy.
On topic; I've done all of the options so far across my various alts, except telling them to stop the relationship - I'll have to explore that one if I ever make a new Knight.
Kira is a Padawan grunt, though.

But yeah, telepathy is more of an exception rather than the rule. However, empathy is just as potent. Once you know they're lying you can pry it out of them.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

jedimasterjac
05.12.2013 , 11:10 AM | #17
Whenever I RP a Jedi, I go a more "grey" approach. But I always, and I mean always, use a certain argument for love. If the Jedi must protect the people, then they are more willing to protect and fight for what they love. If they can love a single person, then they will love all that that single person stands for. If they stand for the Republic and innocents, then you will fight for them, the Republic, and innocents.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

Callaron
05.12.2013 , 11:12 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Once you know they're lying you can pry it out of them.
Yeah, I'm guessing that's how they got suspicious in the first place - either that or those two weren't as sneaky as they thought they were.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

YoshiRaphElan
05.12.2013 , 01:32 PM | #19
I don't mind the romance, in fact I'd encourage them on it, but I turned them in for one reason: The girl had all the signs of being this generation's Anakin. Both were called "ideal" students, and excellent Jedi. But the girl basically says she'll kill you if you tell the Masters. Yeah, that's not emotion, that's obsession. Give them a few weeks apart, let them start meeting again, and then let them see if they still want each other. If they do, then they can have at it for all I care if they don't threaten me again, please.

AlaricSevGirl
05.12.2013 , 04:22 PM | #20
It was different on different characters, some I said to go for it, some not. I am in the Jolee Bindo and Satele Shan camp. I think it's ridiculous for jedi to not be able to be in a romance just like I think it's ridiculous for the real life organization that they took it from.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiorden, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).