Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tython lovers side quest *obvious spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Tython lovers side quest *obvious spoilers*

Pietrastor
05.12.2013 , 07:23 AM | #1
So, what did you all do? I told them to totally go for it and supported them and lied to the Masters, even though my Shadow is almost 100% light side otherwise. I don't actually even agree with 'love' option being labeled as Dark. I mean, does it even have to be mentioned what the entire "Jedi need to be celibate" thingy references to in real life and how the real life proved that it's just a recipe for a disaster?

PowerJediRanger
05.12.2013 , 08:42 AM | #2
I would think that love doesn't lead to the dark side and that attachments or if your very close to them and can't handle the death of a love one does. kind of like Anakin from episode 2, he was not ready to let go and that made him angry and kill off those sand people. Of course that is just me.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

Helig
05.12.2013 , 09:06 AM | #3
Ratted them out, of course. Monks do well enough with vows of celibacy. Also, Jedi aren't required to be celibate. They do not allow attachment (one-night stands are a-ok). Primarily because of how the Force works - persistent, strong emotions fuel and attract the Dark Side, which, in turn, warps the user's mind and effs them up royal.

Jedi are disciplined warriors and mystics, not glowstick-brandishing dreamy teens. If you train as a Jedi, you train as a Jedi. It's a long, hard path of sacrifice. If Jedi training is not for you, feel free to leave (it's not the Empire that executes all Force-sensitives who refuse to train as Sith - but I'm not sure if ending up as Guss Tuno is any better than this alternative).
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Bytemite
05.12.2013 , 09:13 AM | #4
One of the strangest things about this whole Jedi romance thing, I mean they're basically an order of mind readers. Wouldn't they KNOW?

Probably the best option is the one where everyone acts like an adult capable of resolving their own problems and you go talk the two into cooling things off, since one of them was kinda starting to go a little "kill everyone who finds out to hide the relationship" and that needs to be sorted, do some soul searching, you know. You get both light side and dark side points for that so it balances out.

But, unfortunately, it didn't make sense for any of my characters to take that option - see again the masters are thought police.

What are they even doing getting another Master's padawan to do their dirty work? There appears to be a derth of trainers and masters on Tython who give their students any oversight and most of them seem to take their lesson plans from fortune cookies.

Helig
05.12.2013 , 09:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bytemite View Post
Probably the best option is the one where you lie to the masters and then go talk the two into cooling things off, since one of them was kinda starting to go a little "kill everyone who finds out to hide the relationship" and that needs to be sorted, do some soul searching, you know. You get both light side and dark side points for that so it balances out.
You don't let *that* kind of thing "cool off". You let that chill in a single-person cell and some intense counselling.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Bytemite
05.12.2013 , 09:20 AM | #6
Well, she agrees to cool it off from what I understand so she wasn't that far gone. Just needs time to reassess her priorities.

Helig
05.12.2013 , 09:25 AM | #7
Well, she agrees to cool it off from what I understand so she wasn't that far gone. Just needs time to reassess her priorities.
She's a Force-sensitive. Her mind is a weapon that can be driven insane by a cosmic power of chaos and destruction. A Dark Force-user can say a lot of things to ensure that they are not discovered.

Bytemite
05.12.2013 , 09:28 AM | #8
Again, she AGREED to cool it off. It's nice to see people sort out their own problems with reason before they go crazy psycho.

Besides, like I said, I didn't TAKE that option.

Seireeni
05.12.2013 , 09:41 AM | #9
I have taken different options with different characters. I've once told the masters about them, once helped them to get the crystal, once helped them but let them to end the relationship themselves and once helped them and told them that they should continue. Interesting quest altogether, I like doing this one.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

Helig
05.12.2013 , 09:50 AM | #10
Again, she AGREED to cool it off. It's nice to see people sort out their own problems with reason before they go crazy psycho.

Besides, like I said, I didn't TAKE that option.
It's even nicer to contact someone obviously more experienced and qualified to help sort this stuff out.