Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DPS Leaderboard 2.0+


Grimsblood's Avatar


Grimsblood
05.22.2013 , 10:26 AM | #81
I do not think we should be adding the parses from that particular thread. The rules for that board state that you can trim the beginning of the log. That will inflate the dps numbers but not change what the class can actually do, due to ramp up times. Any log that is trimmed is pure fluff and nothing that can be reproduced live. It gives a false data for us to analyze.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

paowee's Avatar


paowee
05.22.2013 , 10:28 AM | #82
They clip the beginning of the parses? Good catch.. i've been watching their leaderboards since 1.7 and did not see they made that change.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ausgelebt's Avatar


Ausgelebt
05.22.2013 , 10:29 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
I do not think we should be adding the parses from that particular thread. The rules for that board state that you can trim the beginning of the log. That will inflate the dps numbers but not change what the class can actually do, due to ramp up times. Any log that is trimmed is pure fluff and nothing that can be reproduced live. It gives a false data for us to analyze.
You trim the end, not the begin. This will make it more like a boss fight since when you kill a boss it doesn't take you like 10 sec to go out of combat where your dps curve goes to 0.

paowee's Avatar


paowee
05.22.2013 , 10:31 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausgelebt View Post
You trim the end, not the begin. This will make it more like a boss fight since when you kill a boss it doesn't take you like 10 sec to go out of combat where your dps curve goes to 0.
Rules for the Harbinger DPS thread says they CAN trim the beginning. It gives a false data for us to analyze.

Harbinger leaderboards:
Quote:
~Link from TORparse (you may trim the time in the parse to see where you did the most, just make sure it's at least 5 minutes). Note: you can trim a parse by selecting a start and stop time in the "By time" drop down tabs under the listing of all your fights on torparse. You can trim both beginning and end ramp ups/downs. I will not trim fights for you, I will click on the provided link and take the number shown there. Some parses below will go up a bit if trimmed.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Grimsblood's Avatar


Grimsblood
05.22.2013 , 10:45 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausgelebt View Post
You trim the end, not the begin. This will make it more like a boss fight since when you kill a boss it doesn't take you like 10 sec to go out of combat where your dps curve goes to 0.
The end I am fine with due to the drop combat etc. As paowee quoted above me, they do clip the beginning and remove ramp up times. For instance, if you look at the slinger parse that is doing 3.4k, he has the beginning removed for that. If you pull out and clip it to show the beginning he comes down to 3.3k. Now some may say that, that is not a big deal. However, for purposes of this thread, 100dps is a HUGE deal (Hell, 10dps can be considered big).

/e I would also like to add, for classes with a LOT of set up (DoT based or Watchmen Sents) the increase will be even more pronounced then an Engineering Sniper.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
05.22.2013 , 11:22 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
I'm going to wait to update this until the issue with 2x SA Relics have been addressed. According to dev posts its an unintended feature and will be removed coming 2.1.1. This is going to cause a problem with some parses as they've been using a feature no longer available and as such I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove them.
Maybe you could get a head start and update the posted parses that aren't using SA relics. Just so it doesn't get lost in the mess of posts on this thread, relisting it...not using any SA relics.

Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
New high for me:
Pizza'dah'hutt
Mercenary Arsenal: 6/36/4
3024 DPS

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
05.22.2013 , 11:42 AM | #87
Mercs cant exploit those properly anyway.

Not since our self-heal CD got turned into a deaths door saving throw at sub30% instead of a long HoT at any health level.

The classes which can, proc the relics with either damage or their self-healing and can then refresh the proc using whatever didn't proc it.

e.g. procs with dmg, a heal will refresh the buff to 6s again or the reverse.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
05.22.2013 , 12:05 PM | #88
Yeah true, I just want to see this thread catch on, I'd say just ignore server posts and have them post it here. Maybe go and advertise on their threads so they can come post if they want. If I can get around to it I'll try to do some advertising, probably not till tomorrow or the next day, busy atm

WillLongstick's Avatar


WillLongstick
05.22.2013 , 01:00 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
The end I am fine with due to the drop combat etc. As paowee quoted above me, they do clip the beginning and remove ramp up times. For instance, if you look at the slinger parse that is doing 3.4k, he has the beginning removed for that. If you pull out and clip it to show the beginning he comes down to 3.3k. .
Try 3419 DPS, an 18 DPS loss as he only trimmed the armor penetration at the beginning. The Harbinger's board has always allowed beginnings to be trimmed, it actually makes for a more even competition between classes/specs, and finds what a class can do sustained, and keeps the rules of what is/isn't allowed quite simple. OP, if need be can even mark parses that aren't trimmed at the beginning for you to pull (and occasionally pop in and give a parse like the 3419 above). Like I said, you can check our listed rules with yours, I'm just trying to help you get more parses on your board and take the burden of validating some of them off of you so this thread can actually get updated.
Gorthog - Amelthea
<Intrepid>

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
05.22.2013 , 01:18 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by WillLongstick View Post
Try 3419 DPS, an 18 DPS loss as he only trimmed the armor penetration at the beginning. The Harbinger's board has always allowed beginnings to be trimmed, it actually makes for a more even competition between classes/specs, and finds what a class can do sustained, and keeps the rules of what is/isn't allowed quite simple. OP, if need be can even mark parses that aren't trimmed at the beginning for you to pull (and occasionally pop in and give a parse like the 3419 above). Like I said, you can check our listed rules with yours, I'm just trying to help you get more parses on your board and take the burden of validating some of them off of you so this thread can actually get updated.
Well, with all due respect, very few of the parses on these types of thread can show anything sustained. For many specs, RNG is too much for a 5 minute, or even a 30 minute parse to show sustained damage, although 30 minute can get you pretty close on the massive RNG specs. But very few people parse that long, this isn't a sustained dps thread, nor are any of the 5 minute parse threads on individual servers.

I just think it should be the responsibility of the readers of these threads to understand what raid buffs are given to each spec and see no point in trimming beginning of fights for comparison purposes. But that being said, I don't really care, whatever the OP decides is fine...Do you know if most other server dps threads are trimming the beginning? It would be nice just to have something everyone can agree on and move forward with one ideal.