Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DPS Leaderboard 2.0+


mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
07.14.2013 , 12:56 AM | #671
Macros are allowed to an existent, the rule is 1 button = 1 ability. So spam that 1 [one] key 7 times for 7 abilities is within the ToS. If he doesn't clarify if this is so, bioware can't ban him.

The funny thing is as much as bioware claims that no macros are allowed and they have a "system" in place to counter/detect Marcos it's a complete bluff. No system has ever existed in mmos that can detect a macro over fat fingering several keys or lag latency queue ups.

msfyoung's Avatar


msfyoung
07.14.2013 , 01:12 AM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Macros are allowed to an existent, the rule is 1 button = 1 ability. So spam that 1 [one] key 7 times for 7 abilities is within the ToS. If he doesn't clarify if this is so, bioware can't ban him.
Macros by definition shorten multiple commands into a smaller number of keystrokes, which isn't allowed. So yeah, if you say you use macros they can ban you if they wish.
Quote:
The funny thing is as much as bioware claims that no macros are allowed and they have a "system" in place to counter/detect Marcos it's a complete bluff. No system has ever existed in mmos that can detect a macro over fat fingering several keys or lag latency queue ups.
If commands are entered at the same rate, down to the millisecond, repeatedly, then it's clearly a macro.

Knopik's Avatar


Knopik
07.14.2013 , 01:25 AM | #673
Knopik - Mercenary - Arsenal
3072.53
http://www.torparse.com/a/337341/tim...0/Damage+Dealt


Got kinda lucky with HSM crit and TM crit. Everything else normal.

Gear is almost full UW. Missing 1 relic (using arkanian cerulean nova), however, I do have a shadowed earpiece (debatably better) and a 75 mod that I got from bracers.. (the 75 armoring offsets 1 arkanian armoring I have, so total aim will be same as I have full UW).

EDIT: derp moment right in the beggining.....spaced out for a second, lol
03:13:21.642 Knopik gains Nano-Infused Attack Adrenal.
03:13:22.914 Knopik activates Heatseeker Missiles.

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
07.14.2013 , 01:45 AM | #674
Quote: Originally Posted by Knopik View Post
Knopik - Mercenary - Arsenal
3072.53
http://www.torparse.com/a/337341/tim...0/Damage+Dealt


Got kinda lucky with HSM crit and TM crit. Everything else normal.

Gear is almost full UW. Missing 1 relic (using arkanian cerulean nova), however, I do have a shadowed earpiece (debatably better) and a 75 mod that I got from bracers.. (the 75 armoring offsets 1 arkanian armoring I have, so total aim will be same as I have full UW).

EDIT: derp moment right in the beggining.....spaced out for a second, lol
03:13:21.642 Knopik gains Nano-Infused Attack Adrenal.
03:13:22.914 Knopik activates Heatseeker Missiles.
Woot! There u go buddy nice parse

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
07.14.2013 , 02:10 AM | #675
Quote: Originally Posted by msfyoung View Post
Macros by definition shorten multiple commands into a smaller number of keystrokes, which isn't allowed. So yeah, if you say you use macros they can ban you if they wish.

If commands are entered at the same rate, down to the millisecond, repeatedly, then it's clearly a macro.
1. Using one key for multiple commands is considered a macro by all intensive purposes. Reason I put "to an existent" is because it'd not a true macro, but is still functionally the same. The only difference is needing to spam the same key for the same results. The macro being one key, one press, seven actions, while the allowed macros here are one key, seven presses, seven actions.

2. How does the game take into account for fat fingering or multiply key presses at the same time from that of a macro doing the same thing? Also this example doesn't work. A good macro would know the exact lag time needed to get one attack off before the next. With a maximum of a second precast and GCD that don't allow multi click casts , it's not impossible to mimic a number of keystrokes. You could look at a players combat log at the exact distance between one move and another and if you see the click rate is always landing on say, 0.57 seconds later you could cry macro, but it can still be chalked up to minimum ability lag or just plain skill,

TLDR: despite everything unless someone straight out says they used pure macros that were not inline with the ToS it is very difficult to prove abuse.

Either way, need said person to verify or deny the use of macros. The fact he used the word macro means dick. Clarification is needed.

msfyoung's Avatar


msfyoung
07.14.2013 , 02:25 AM | #676
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
1. Using one key for multiple commands is considered a macro by all intensive purposes. Reason I put "to an existent" is because it'd not a true macro, but is still functionally the same. The only difference is needing to spam the same key for the same results. The macro being one key, one press, seven actions, while the allowed macros here are one key, seven presses, seven actions.
Well I support correct usage of language (it's "for all intents and purposes BTW) The whole idea of a macro is that it shortens a big block of keystrokes (a "macro" block of code, originally) into something short. Pressing one key 7 times to do 7 commands would just be..remapping, not a macro. Rather pointless remapping too..
Quote:
2. How does the game take into account for fat fingering or multiply key presses at the same time from that of a macro doing the same thing? Also this example doesn't work. A good macro would know the exact lag time needed to get one attack off before the next. With a maximum of a second precast and GCD that don't allow multi click casts , it's not impossible to mimic a number of keystrokes. You could look at a players combat log at the exact distance between one move and another and if you see the click rate is always landing on say, 0.57 seconds later you could cry macro, but it can still be chalked up to minimum ability lag or just plain skill,
Well humans just aren't capable of timing like that, so if it repeats for a while, it is clearly a macro at work. But yes, you probably could hide it with clever code, randomizing intervals within the 1 second and such. I have no idea what detection method Bioware has, if any. It's certainly possible to catch a not very well designed macro program, though.
Quote:
TLDR: despite everything unless someone straight out says they used pure macros that were not inline with the ToS it is very difficult to prove abuse.

Either way, need said person to verify or deny the use of macros. The fact he used the word macro means dick. Clarification is needed.
This isn't a court of law, they don't need to prove it. I don't know what standards they use for banning someone, but they may well consider such an admission to be sufficient cause.

Let's be honest, the chance is extremely high that the guy does in fact use macros which aren't allowed, and just had no idea it was a TOS violation.

odawgg's Avatar


odawgg
07.14.2013 , 02:36 AM | #677
I think the ops dummy should press charges

silicontraveler's Avatar


silicontraveler
07.14.2013 , 10:03 AM | #678
Okay, poor choice of word on my part.

I do not have several commands mapped to one key. I have a set of macro keys on my keyboard and I bound them to activate things with a fixed delay, since I have found that when I spam them too fast the game doesn't always register them. Also, sometimes when I hit a key it registers twice. I always blame my keyboard driver :P

mastirkal's Avatar


mastirkal
07.14.2013 , 10:22 AM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by silicontraveler View Post
Okay, poor choice of word on my part.

I do not have several commands mapped to one key. I have a set of macro keys on my keyboard and I bound them to activate things with a fixed delay, since I have found that when I spam them too fast the game doesn't always register them. Also, sometimes when I hit a key it registers twice. I always blame my keyboard driver :P
That is allowed as long as 1 stroke = 1 action.

ConCube's Avatar


ConCube
07.14.2013 , 02:07 PM | #680
Having watched this threat for a while now, I became more and more uncertain about the Assassin espacially in the deception tree! It looks like Deception Sins aren't really comparable in damage to ... actually all other classes in the game. Would a professional raid-team even be satisfied with the competence of a Sin as a certain Progress-Raid member? (Deceptiontree / competence of class, not of player) Sure, in real combat they are essentially doing better, for example because of the 6% (correct me if I'm wrong) extra damageoutput to all enemies being under 30% of their health! So with all details being important, would a Sin become a valued Raidmember in serious Progress-Raids or not?

Hope for helpful answers, even if the post doesn't 100%ly fit in this Threat!

PS: And sorry for my bad English, still learning!
Black @ T3-M4
Azonas Assassin
Warstalker