Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

paowee
05.22.2013 , 02:25 PM | #91
Yea it looks like this thread is getting cluttered now with too many ideas and not enough parses.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Carlenux
05.22.2013 , 03:39 PM | #92
http://www.torparse.com/a/238605/tim...0/Damage+Dealt 3009 compared to trimmed http://www.torparse.com/a/238605/tim...231/0/Overview 3022... still top.. Beastfury Marauder.

http://www.torparse.com/a/235460/tim...0/Damage+Dealt 2957 Compared to trimmed
http://www.torparse.com/a/235460/tim...0/Damage+Dealt 2964... 7 diff... Invinc Operative.

the rest you are right, trim rly increase a lot of dps, i normally dont see anyones parse, didnt know they were upgrading so much, only use to see beast and a few others, wont post Tralts bcause he is using the exploit... which i tested myself (with Conq+Part) my sniper parsing 180dps + than with Click/proc Relic not exploit, so him like most of other snipers, will reduce a lot of dps soon
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

MisterMuse
05.22.2013 , 04:42 PM | #93
I am working on this and going through the logs to check which ones are using the power double thingy or not. Its going to take a while as I'm doing the same for several record threads as well to merge with this one.

Grimsblood
05.22.2013 , 08:26 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by WillLongstick View Post
Try 3419 DPS, an 18 DPS loss as he only trimmed the armor penetration at the beginning. The Harbinger's board has always allowed beginnings to be trimmed, it actually makes for a more even competition between classes/specs, and finds what a class can do sustained, and keeps the rules of what is/isn't allowed quite simple. OP, if need be can even mark parses that aren't trimmed at the beginning for you to pull (and occasionally pop in and give a parse like the 3419 above). Like I said, you can check our listed rules with yours, I'm just trying to help you get more parses on your board and take the burden of validating some of them off of you so this thread can actually get updated.
His parse is for 3436.56. When you pull it back to the "enter combat" and set the limit to 5 minutes it comes out to 3358.31. A changed of 78.25 dps. In your example You give him an extra minute on the parse. These are just details, however there is a point to it (I am not picking them out just to argue). Saboteur (with scaterbombs) is not necessarily a sustained or "build up" spec. The damage comes strictly from the 20 second CD on HI/CE. It becomes a burst spec with dots that keep some damage going. Cut a log before they go off, the dps falls. Cut a log after it has been used dps rises. The damage the spec does can be manipulated on paper for a desired result.

Different specs require a different amount of set up to do damage. If we are talking about sustained, how about I run a Lethality/Dirty Fighting parse and cut it to only start when the first Cull/Wounding Shots starts (Eliminating the dots in the beginning for set up). This would allow be to get rid of the "ramp up time" and focus more on sustained because Lethality/Dirty Fighting focus's on the proper use of Cull/Wounding Shots. This method is not true to the spec considering what it actually does.

If you analyze a Watchmen Sentinels parse, you would have to cur everything before the 6 stacks of Juyo and 4 stacks of Merciless Slash. So, if I where parsing on my sentinel (by your rules) I would initiate combat --> build focus and centering (saving Master Strike and Zen) until I get my stacks of both buffs --> I would then begin doing damage with all relics and adrenals going with Zen and Inspiration at my. I would then cut my log in the begining to eliminate all of the build up of focus, centering, Juyo and Merc Slash. The log would run for 5 minutes following. This would give me a better idea of what sustained damage I would be doing.

To give a representation of this, I got on my LvL 50 sentinel and went to fleet (yes I had to deal with that nasty lag) and parsed on the LvL 10 training dummy. I had to use that one to ensure I hit with my abilities since the rest are LvL 55 (My gear was a full 63 BiS build from pre 2.0....it included accuarcy stats). Here are my results:

Not Clipped: (2433.68) http://www.torparse.com/a/244058/2/0/Damage+Dealt
End Clipped: (2421.23) http://www.torparse.com/a/244058/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
Beginning and End Clipped: (2477.75) http://www.torparse.com/a/244058/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

Now I ask, which log gives me my sustained damage, my damage threshold and my realistic damage?

The moral of the story here is that importing logs that were created under a different rule set skews the data in favor of trimming the beginning of each log. It sets those logs (unfairly) above the rest for no reason but to measure an e-peen by presenting data in a different fashion.

On the note of measuring fairness and actual thresholds on a global scale, I would put forth the following rule set:

Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Yea it looks like this thread is getting cluttered now with too many ideas and not enough parses.
Let me get right on that for you been trying to get a nice MM parse, but I keep getting thrown out of combat
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

paowee
05.22.2013 , 09:22 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
text above
Agreed. You can clip the end but never the beginning. Simple as that... These logs are great resources that can be used to improve DPS if presented properly. Make your own 5 minute parse, clip the parse of somebody to 5 minutes and see how much more or how much less abilities they used compared to yours.

Quote:
Let me get right on that for you been trying to get a nice MM parse, but I keep getting thrown out of combat
Stop doing Explosive Probe - Orbital - Ambush

OP might be MIA , front page hasn't been updated since 5/17/13
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

odawgg
05.22.2013 , 10:07 PM | #96
He said he's working on it, give him time

Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
I am working on this and going through the logs to check which ones are using the power double thingy or not. Its going to take a while as I'm doing the same for several record threads as well to merge with this one.

Shakell
05.22.2013 , 11:47 PM | #97
Daharel-Commando-Gunnery-6/36/4-2789.77

Parse cropped to exactly 300 seconds so as to remain consistent with Ebon Hawk leaderboards.
This was me trying damn hard to take the old 4-piece to its limits using an Arkanian mainhand, a Verpine offhand, and a smattering of other gear. Soon as I can, I will be switching over to the 2/2, but then I will have to relearn my rotation. Any advice that could be given to ease the switch over would be most appreciated.
The Ebon Hawk
Pyrrho <Beskar>
Daharel <Aisthesis>
Not'dead'yet

odawgg
05.23.2013 , 12:30 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Shakell View Post
Daharel-Commando-Gunnery-6/36/4-2789.77

Parse cropped to exactly 300 seconds so as to remain consistent with Ebon Hawk leaderboards.
This was me trying damn hard to take the old 4-piece to its limits using an Arkanian mainhand, a Verpine offhand, and a smattering of other gear. Soon as I can, I will be switching over to the 2/2, but then I will have to relearn my rotation. Any advice that could be given to ease the switch over would be most appreciated.
The biggest change you'll find is just increased usage of auto attack. From your parse, you're using the expected amount, 5-6/min with the old 4pc. When you go to 2/2 you'll be using more like 7-8. It's only a small adjustment, just a couple hours on the dummy and you should pick it up....oh....and you'll prioritize DR over HiB instead of the other way around...that's about it.

MisterMuse
05.23.2013 , 05:26 AM | #99
Actually updated. Several parses needed to be purged of the list due to the 2x SA relic thing. I validated this by ensuring there was at least a 20 second interval between each "Power Surge" proc. I also cleared one for not being in English which currently had to be a requirement to ensure that I can properly check all the parses.

So a little note about this, I'm still working on adding parses from other sources. Its being a bit of a hassle as I've got to go into each one and check for the relic thing. Its also an issue with example Balance/Madness and Annihilation/Watchman as they can proc of both healing and damage, these classes are allowed two "Power Surge" proc in a 20 second interval but not any more than that. If this is fixed in upcoming patches I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove those records.

Also I'm never going to be okay with cutting of the beginning of a parse. Opening is an essential part of any rotation, may very well be the difference in really competitive parses and benefits different classes differently.

There's been a lot of posts here and if I've missed a parse I'm really sorry, just throw a comment and I'll fix it as soon as possible.

seektravota
05.23.2013 , 09:28 AM | #100
The blue font color for repubs are too dark, can't see. Can you make simple brighter blue?
<Ghost Infantry> <The Last Centurions>

THE HARGINGER