Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dreadtooth 10 stack in 2.0

Grimsblood
05.20.2013 , 05:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DokoPL View Post
So is it actually doable with 24 random people (no voice comm), lets say 66+ geared, assuming they know the mechanics and their role? If yes, then what should be the group setup? 2 tanks, 8-10 healers and rest DPS?
That highlighted bit up there is the important part. It was doable with a 24 man group in 61/63's before 2.0 if you assume everyone would know the mechanics and their roll. But, yes you are correct in the comp.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

DokoPL
05.21.2013 , 06:41 AM | #22
Yeah, but it required a lot of coordination, and death of 2-3 party members usually meant a wipe. Not to mention the 5-10 healers outside the raid group healing the ranged dps. Going to give it a try during next few days.

Flintfire
05.27.2013 , 05:35 AM | #23
About 20. A tank, secondary tank, 4 healers, rest dps.

Two healers heal primary tank like crazy, if something happens, switch to secondary tank, sometimes it helps to have a mercenary doing kolto missile on the dps, as long as they stay close together. If the dps stay close together, much easier for aoe heals.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 54
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 44
Krrayt Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

Macio
07.09.2013 , 04:07 AM | #24
We did it last night for the first time and after two or three pulls we killed it.
As our guild have not done it before 2.0 i can't compare but i am sure it is much easier then before however you still need people to pay attention and do what they are supposed to do.

Only real problem we had is with 6 healers and a lot of AoE healing required our tanks were getting wrecked. it might be that we did some mechanics wrong (i can't think of any).

with current gear 6 healers is just about right. We tried with 4 hears and it was hard on tanks and group. We had 2 more healers log in and join the group and it made it much easier.
22 man group. We had few good DPS and few good healers but on average i would say our DPS was OK.

I am sure if you get 8 healer and two tanks - then 14 DPS will be more then enough even if they are not tops dps.

It gets a bit messy at the end but we killed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPToGvKSJeM

Ansalem
07.09.2013 , 06:45 AM | #25
we 15 manned this a couple weeks after 2.0 came out...so easy compared to pre 2.0

alxmdsn
09.09.2013 , 09:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
really disappointing to see that BW didn't update Dreadtooth to lvl 55 standards. 10 stack used to be the ultimate test for a guild/group in the game. Now its not too bad. Oh well I guess its another thing to measure the good guilds v bad guilds as we can see who downed it pre 2.0 and after thanks to the achievement system.
Grats on doing it before 2.0 came out, but how exactly does clearing it afterwards make you a "Bad Guild". I think your ego has a bit too much "leet" in it.
<Gone Sithing>
"My pets are legion, BEHOLD!"
http://www.twitch.tv/alxmdsn