Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stat priority/soft caps

Skroting
05.11.2013 , 10:04 AM | #1
Was wondering which stats i should aim for (see what i did there?) as a gunnery commando.
power>surge(x%)>crit(x%)>alacrity?
Just a simple model like that, and with the different break points i should aim for.
Perhaps worth mentioning that i play mostly PvP.

If possible i would love one for PvP healing aswell : )

ArchangelLBC
05.11.2013 , 12:26 PM | #2
Augment Aim, use the high secondary stat (unlettered) power mods (I think those are the agile ones), get accuracy to 100%, put the rest of your enhancement stats into surge, don't take crit or alacrity.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

haksilence
05.11.2013 , 04:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Skroting View Post
Was wondering which stats i should aim for (see what i did there?) as a gunnery commando.
power>surge(x%)>crit(x%)>alacrity?
Just a simple model like that, and with the different break points i should aim for.
Perhaps worth mentioning that i play mostly PvP.

If possible i would love one for PvP healing aswell : )
Tech Accuracy (110%)>surge rating (around 250)>alacrity
And then for crit and power it will be either full power or a small amount of crit (something like 200-300 rating but not much)
Augment for aim.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

haksilence
05.11.2013 , 04:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Augment Aim, use the high secondary stat (unlettered) power mods (I think those are the agile ones), get accuracy to 100%, put the rest of your enhancement stats into surge, don't take crit or alacrity.
Wrong. Alacrity is great for a gunnary commando and anything over 300 surge is just wasted. Never ever ever ever stack surge higher than 300 rating after 2.0
So the only other stat to put that budget into is alacrity.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops

Loryk
05.11.2013 , 07:17 PM | #5
So as a DPS mando, should I be going "Aim > Accuracy (110%) > Surge (75%) > Power > Crit (30%) > Alacrity" as Noxxic says (of course with no more then 100% accuracy)?

SW:TOR On Mac OS X 
Bootcamp Tutorial/thread!

cashogy_reborn
05.12.2013 , 12:39 AM | #6
im saying ditch crit everywhere possible. power augs, power in every slot. crit is just awful, and using power augs over aim ones will leave you with ~2.5-3% less crit, and ~20 more bonus damage. crit is just a wash unless you go all out, and then you lose too much bonus damage.

as far as alacrity vs surge, alacrity is a stupid stat. you can already get like 5% from talents + the gunny stance. you are not going to able to take enough alacrity to make a difference.

im assuming this is talking about pve, but here is what the stat priority would be imo:

secondary: power. never crit unless you have no choice (implants/earpiece)
tertiary: accuracy to 100% > surge to 75% > w/e
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

AMightyKnight
05.12.2013 , 02:52 AM | #7
Look here for detailed BIS Gunnery Commando:
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-7d493cb012f0

Accuracy to 99.51% (395 Accuracy Rating), 111.69% Crit (0 Crit Rating), Surge to 71,08% (395 Surge Rating), no Alacrity.

Quote:
Wrong. Alacrity is great for a gunnary commando and anything over 300 surge is just wasted. Never ever ever ever stack surge higher than 300 rating after 2.0
So the only other stat to put that budget into is alacrity.
Investing in alacrity will result in a overall DPS loss. Cell Charger doesn’t scale with your alacrity rating, therefore you will run into energy problems. One can manage that in PVP no doubt, but if you play operations as well, you just cant get into alacrity. Go 395 accuracy and 395 surge for BIS gear. You won’t reach the surge softcap with that.
Quote:
power augs, power in every slot.
The myth will never die. Always use mainstat for for augments. You have a 9% bonus for your mainstat making it better than power.
Look here for details: http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...d.php?t=634393

haksilence
05.12.2013 , 06:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Loryk View Post
So as a DPS mando, should I be going "Aim > Accuracy (110%) > Surge (75%) > Power > Crit (30%) > Alacrity" as Noxxic says (of course with no more then 100% accuracy)?
Never ever listen to noxic. Every single piece of information they've given is drastically wrong. Follow the priority I gave
10/10 NiM Dread Ops

haksilence
05.12.2013 , 06:50 AM | #9
Even without cell charger not scaling DPS mandos still utilize alacrity over surge past 250-300. Half life value for surge is 257 if memory serves me. Id need to go over my spreadsheet. But like I said having cell charger not scale is a minuscule amount of ammo lost which is easily remedied with one extra hammer shot every 45 seconds or so.

Taking alacrity over surge WILL result in a DPS increase.
As you and I have said Aug for aim. Never Aug for power as a commando.
10/10 NiM Dread Ops

cashogy_reborn
05.12.2013 , 03:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AMightyKnight View Post
Look here for detailed BIS Gunnery Commando:
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-7d493cb012f0

Accuracy to 99.51% (395 Accuracy Rating), 111.69% Crit (0 Crit Rating), Surge to 71,08% (395 Surge Rating), no Alacrity.

Investing in alacrity will result in a overall DPS loss. Cell Charger doesn’t scale with your alacrity rating, therefore you will run into energy problems. One can manage that in PVP no doubt, but if you play operations as well, you just cant get into alacrity. Go 395 accuracy and 395 surge for BIS gear. You won’t reach the surge softcap with that.
The myth will never die. Always use mainstat for for augments. You have a 9% bonus for your mainstat making it better than power.
Look here for details: http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...d.php?t=634393
the 9% does not make it better. it makes it close, but not better.

w/ the 9% you get .2 bonus damage per point of aim, vs .23 points of bonus damage for point of power. its not a myth.

you can trade 20 power for 2.5-3% crit. it is truly a wash statistically, so it comes down to personal preference. my personal preference is ill take the guaranteed damage increase vs the increase in RNG
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads