Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weak dmg

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CorruptedFlesh
12.28.2011 , 07:20 AM | #71
FFS, stop whining. Our class has a great damage potential.

Yes, before level 20 it was hard to me to get more than 100k damage in warzone, I realized my mistake and concentrated more on healing. Later I've got lacerate and warzones became MUCH more interesting. Next thing I've got Hidden Strike and it is awesome now.
Humans are extremely dangerous and their filthy, stinking bodies make me sick just being nearby... Ironically, however, nothing tastes better than their meat.

BobaFurz
12.28.2011 , 07:27 AM | #72
Yepp, Iam waiting for this
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

Sabbathius
12.28.2011 , 09:42 AM | #73
I totally get what people are saying with weak damage. Operative IS pretty weak, comparatively speaking.

I'm currently leveling multiple chars at the same time, in a rotation. A Powertech, Merc and Operative, they're all roughly the same level. I also have Sorcerer and Assassin, but they're 5-7 levels lower.

And I gotta say, both Bounty Hunters do SIGNIFICANTLY more damage than my Operative, at least in high 20s. Like, there's not even any comparison. For one, they have way more AoE, including the all-powerful Death From Above. Essentially every 60 seconds I can wipe out an entire group with a single ability. Flamethrower is also very handy, as are various explosives (missile and explosive dart, both AoE). In other words, my Bounty Hunters just DANCE their way through quests where with the Operative it takes a considerable amount of time.

Yeah, people are saying it gets better. Not sure how, exactly? OK, at 36 you get a hard-hitting opener from stealth? Fine, so you drop one mob in a pull before it knows it. In the meantime, a Bounty Hunter will have all three down to 50% with AoE. Guess who wins? Yeah, later we get Acid Blade, -50% armor, yippee! Still doesn't help leveling much.

The class is just piss-weak, when it comes to leveling at least. Half of our CC (Sleep Dart and Slice Droid) are target-specific (Humanoid and droid only), where Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter equivalents (Whirlwind and Concussive Missile) will work on any target. Finally, I firmly believe Khem is a better tank than Kalyo, and Mako works fantastically with the Bounty Hunter as healer/DPS.

I'm only comparing Operative to Inquisitor and BH, not Warrior, just because I haven't played the warrior.

Maybe the class is just a REALLY late bloomer, I can believe that. Jarring Strike sounds interesting, but again it's just an opener, if it is denied to you for whatever reason, you're SOL. At least in the leveling department, this class' damage is pretty damn weak, considering most pulls are multiple mobs and work best with AoE.

Taliknor
12.28.2011 , 09:55 AM | #74
Really stop whining and L2P.

The lvl 10-20 cycle is entirely different then the lvl 20-30 cycle. Since lvl 25 I have yet to get below 100k damage in pvp. Second last round topped at 238k. (then we were basically rick-rolled. The opponents had a fine group going.)

Read the actual play-style and insert youself as a pairing. If you can't do that, toss a flashy nade at them and run away.

Squishy is a bit of a problem sometimes, so you may need to buy armors that places endurance over cunning.

BobaFurz
12.28.2011 , 10:06 AM | #75
Mmmh in pve i do not that bad, but actually my lvl is always higher than the questing area...but you are right that other classes have advantages.

The thing is I never saw a higher lvl operative in pvp so far...on my server maybe a handfull exist. I see more and more lower lvls but they go the sniper route.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

Rainsfords
12.28.2011 , 11:44 AM | #76
Once you get hidden strike (the actual stealth opener) you're completely broken. Acid blade>hidden strike(3 sec stun)>acid blade>backstab>lacerate>shiv>lacerate. It's not uncommon to see any of those skills crit over 2k. If you're in trouble , you can always battle stealth. In groups, replacing some lacerated with carbine burst wrecks havock.

Even soloing in pve, I kill faster than anything else by using Hs>shiv>2x carbine burst> frag. It will kill all equal level regular mobs, and strings that aren't outright dead will only take an eviscerate to finish.

TLR Operative is the first class on the nerf chopping block, so you shouldn't be struggling.

DrekorSilverfang
12.28.2011 , 11:52 AM | #77
When I'm healing on my merc(very durable!) in warzones the class that always kills me fastest is concealment operatives. It's very likely a level issue as you don't get hidden strike and acid blade until much much later.

BobaFurz
12.28.2011 , 12:26 PM | #78
The most powerfull combos so far are Commandos for me, especially when 2 team up one heals the other and if someone gets close both open fire...their dmg is insane.

They are not even highlvl and have 1200 per shoot with 3000 crits, they mow down everything...this is crazy. Almost half my hp is gone with only one attack....FROM RANGE
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

Ultratron
12.28.2011 , 12:42 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFurz View Post
Excuse me I laugh at the nade and dart dmg in comparison to the dmg ouput of the other classes in the same lvl I played so far....my normal rifle burst attack is almost as high like a stealth melee attack, whats the point here. If you get out of stealth you have only seconds to dish out dmg and to get out of the area, otherwise you die.

Iam doing the following:

sneak to the target>main backstab attack>stun and/or 2nd melee attacks>dart>after that my target has often 80%+ hp left and I hop around doing rifle dmg or use my other CC to get out of the trouble, otherwise i die.

Is this a joke ? If you are out of stealth you get steamrolled by Shadows, marauders and sourcerers with their bubble who suck up the whole "backstab" attack....how is this in higher lvls ?

Isnt this a melee class after all......just wonder

Calm down and breathe.... stop raging and look at your situation logically....

YOU'RE LEVEL 17. If you look at your class's skill set and and talents, you SHOULD realize that the core of concealment is the control they get.

At level 17 you don't even have Vanish or a single snare. *derp* You're going to struggle to put decent damage out as a melee with no snare and no outs. You do not get your stealth opener or stealth knockdown until 36, which is the main burst and control method from the class. You don't get acid blade until 40, which is the key to Concealment damage, both for poison to increase overall damage taken, and for the massive armor pen. Jesus Christ kid, you don't even have Lacerate or any TA dump to speak of.

So the answer to your dumb *** post is, no Operatives are not the strongest class at early levels (although I have never had as much trouble as you seem to be) which should be pretty easy to figure out since it's not until level 20 that you even get anything that resembles of a core mechanic of the class.

Don't come to IA forums and rage out the class if you haven't even experienced a fraction of what it's capable of.
"Ladies, chivalry isn't dead. It's just taking a vacation until you figure out that being equal blows."

dirtylilsmuggler
12.28.2011 , 01:03 PM | #80
Sab I read your other thread complaining about the same thing and if I didn't know any better, you pretty much just copy and pasted that post out of your other thread.

If you seriously think the damage is that weak, I present you one of two options

1. Just stop playing Op and play another class that is "superior" to the Op in terms of damage. We would be better off without people complaining about non-existent issues with the class without giving it time to blossom.
2. Give the Op a chance and get Laceration, HS, Acid Blade, etc. or try a better rotation.

I leveled up to 30 as concealment, switched to med which is amazing, and found no problems whatsoever with damage, and even noticed a significant jump when I grabbed Laceration.

Op damage is just fine where it is.