Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weak dmg

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jooji
12.21.2011 , 03:22 AM | #11
I'm a level 44 operative and I'll agree with the OP that operatives are weak until level 36. Since then I've felt powerful. Level 36+talents=cheap shot/ambush combined, really helps.

Myber
12.21.2011 , 03:40 AM | #12
honestly, is this a troll thread?
ive seriously felt on par or even slightly got more tools at my disposal.
The balance with heals and damage make me feel pretty much unbeatable so far 1v1, closingup to lvl 24. I usualy come out on top dmgwise and top the healing charts by miles and im full medic specced. can just see how dmg spec will make me kick even bigger buts.

Just my 2 scents!

Galteos
12.21.2011 , 03:54 AM | #13
i'm a lethality op level 26, and i'm pretty much top damage and top 3 in medals 90% of the warzones i'm in. give the class some time, it comes into it's own once you get your level 20 talent. i'm loving the versatility of Lethality, if things are too hairy to get into melee i can easily sit back in cover, DoT some people up and throw some snipes/rifle shots/explosive probes. once it becomes safe to get into melee without blowing up, your vibroblade abilities and overload shot just decimate people who've been softened up by your DoT's, and if that doesn't do the trick you can kite to your heart's content with Corrosive Grenade and Sever Tendon slows. I love it. so much survivability as well with the stealth and CC.

Olliewilldie
12.21.2011 , 03:57 AM | #14
Level 22 and disagree totally. Regularly top the damage charts and have a chance against anyone 1v1. I am actually WORRIED about how I will be when I hit 40 as acid blade & hidden strike on top of what I do already is quite frankly scary.

I was stressing about the nurf bat and here you are saying we are weak!

Synapples
12.21.2011 , 07:26 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Galteos View Post
i'm a lethality op level 26, and i'm pretty much top damage and top 3 in medals 90% of the warzones i'm in. give the class some time, it comes into it's own once you get your level 20 talent. i'm loving the versatility of Lethality, if things are too hairy to get into melee i can easily sit back in cover, DoT some people up and throw some snipes/rifle shots/explosive probes. once it becomes safe to get into melee without blowing up, your vibroblade abilities and overload shot just decimate people who've been softened up by your DoT's, and if that doesn't do the trick you can kite to your heart's content with Corrosive Grenade and Sever Tendon slows. I love it. so much survivability as well with the stealth and CC.
Wait till you get Cull, Cull is amazing.

Operative starts really slow and gets better as you get higher and get access to more abilities. I remember being level 16 and seeing my weak and pitiful 1k shivs and backstabs (so much so that I ended up just using snipe and explosive probe) and regretted going operative but I stuck with it and now I'm 31 and absolutely loving it. Can't wait till I get 40.

Skiiba
12.21.2011 , 08:01 AM | #16
Take a knee and put explosive probe on them and then shoot them with the free attack for some nice burst damage, you dont even have to be in melee range.

I think lots of people forget about explosive probe because it resides on the cover bar most of the time.
Skiiba - Medic
Mandalorian Forge
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
YouTube | Recruitment Thread

Reenolols
12.21.2011 , 10:26 AM | #17
If you use snipe and probe, they're not underpowered ever. Yes, they get way stronger at 20, 36, and 40, but they're plenty strong before-hand.
Reeno: Nub 70+ Operative | Reenow: 55+ Marauder
Reenopt: 53+ Powertech |Belgoth's Beacon|

Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reeno23/videos

iinsom
12.21.2011 , 10:27 AM | #18
when i was in beta playing a sage, operative ws the only class I feared. the knockdown out of stealth with the stun follower was just devastating, i'd never survive that combo unless i had break free and jedi sprint up. Operative is a great assassination type class.
Check out my live stream
http://www.twitch.tv/pentara

BobaFurz
12.21.2011 , 12:28 PM | #19
Wait a moment, I asked how it is in higher lvls...you all know my story and my current level so dont talk like i would know the class fully.

I dont care about if you top the dmg charts with aoe dmg or throwing darts to every opponent you see, thats not direct dmg for me and this doesnt describe a pvp potential. Thats just spamming dmg around, like Bowman do or other ranged classes.

But it seems like the class advance quiete nice, reading other posts here....will stick with it and report back in some days.

Thank you for all the contributions...nice answers

Arduz
12.21.2011 , 12:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by iinsom View Post
when i was in beta playing a sage, operative ws the only class I feared. the knockdown out of stealth with the stun follower was just devastating, i'd never survive that combo unless i had break free and jedi sprint up. Operative is a great assassination type class.
I love throwing my root dagger at Consulars when they pop force speed. No greater feeling in the game

and OP... again.. The damage isn't just from spamming low damage skills on people without getting kills. If anything, thats the lowbie BH thing -_-

I'll regularly be in the top 3 damage, but I have a ton of killing blows. Our melee combo is just SICK.