Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weak dmg

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RuQu
02.15.2012 , 08:46 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Please understand that comparing damage between classes at an arbitrary level (16) is not going to yield any useful insight into power differences between classes.
Any chance that you could address the (extensively analyzed on the Healer forum) power differences between level 50 healers?

That's a topic that could really use some feedback. We have been patient, polite, constructive...we have discussed and proposed solutions, done the math and modeling to demonstrate the relative strengths and weaknesses. Crying and screaming have been kept to a minimum....and we have heard not a word. Yet something as obvious as how comparing low level character DPS isn't a valid metric gets a response.

While a Dev Blog post about the state of healing, healing design intentions, and plans for adjustments to healing would be awesome, all we really want is for you to pop in over there and say:

"Hi. We have not forgotten you."

Might I recommend this long thread of healer requests. The class balance issues are probably clear just by looking at requests/suggestion by class alone, but the thread itself contains constructive discussion and analysis, as do other threads on that seemingly forgotten back corner of the forums.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Saella
02.16.2012 , 06:41 AM | #112
Please understand that comparing damage between classes at an arbitrary level (16) is not going to yield any useful insight into power differences between classes.
O-M-F-G MAYBE NOT AT LVL 16, BUT I CAN CLEARLY COMPARE AT LVL 50 AN OPERATIVE AGAINST ANY OTHER CLASS (DPS/HEALING) AND WE ARE WAY UNDER !!!!!!!!!! I'M HEALER AND IM HAVING THE FEELING IM PLAYING AN HALF COMPLETED CLASS... HEALING TREE HAVE 0 SYNERGY AND IS JUST BAD... HEALING SKILL ARE 1/2 WORTHLESS (RECUPERATIVE NANOTECH, KOLTO INFUSION) ...
I LOVE THE CLASS I FEEL LIKE ITS MY CLASS BUT GIVE ME TOOL gosh darn...
Come on....

But guess what: operative have stealth !!!! (this is overpowered, this need a nerf)

What im able to understand from BW is, reroll a Sorcerer/Sage....
# dev posts/replies to inquisitor/counselor boards = 78
# dev posts/replies to agent/smuggler boards = 6 (+1 troll !)

orangefishboy
02.17.2012 , 12:10 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Saella View Post
O-M-F-G MAYBE NOT AT LVL 16, BUT I CAN CLEARLY COMPARE AT LVL 50 AN OPERATIVE AGAINST ANY OTHER CLASS (DPS/HEALING) AND WE ARE WAY UNDER !!!!!!!!!! I'M HEALER AND IM HAVING THE FEELING IM PLAYING AN HALF COMPLETED CLASS... HEALING TREE HAVE 0 SYNERGY AND IS JUST BAD... HEALING SKILL ARE 1/2 WORTHLESS (RECUPERATIVE NANOTECH, KOLTO INFUSION) ...
I LOVE THE CLASS I FEEL LIKE ITS MY CLASS BUT GIVE ME TOOL gosh darn...
Come on....

But guess what: operative have stealth !!!! (this is overpowered, this need a nerf)

What im able to understand from BW is, reroll a Sorcerer/Sage....
Hah! Try comparing Operative's Orbital strike to ANYTHING a Marauder does.

BobaFurz
02.18.2012 , 03:48 PM | #114
My Marauder is lvl 44 in great gear and I meet lvl 45 Commandos in pvp who dish out 5000 dmg in just 2 attacks (tracer missile 2200+ 2x 1300 dmg from an undefined skill) from RANGE in just a tick.

An operative is doing similar dmg in close combat in his early 40ish, but on soft targets when no bubble is up.

When does a true insight into power differences between classes start in this game ?
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL