Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weak dmg

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BobaFurz
12.21.2011 , 02:02 AM | #1
I did test several classes up to lvl 16, sorcerer, warrior, BH and Operative. I did with all classes aswell pvp for at least 2 lvls.

Anyway, so far operative is for me the weakest class in pve and pvp and Iam not sure how it will change in the next levels.

When doing pvp with my lvl 15 operative, going melee with the two main melee attacks I feel quiete weak. My main attack to the back of the opponent does often only 1200 dmg around, this so low in comparison what i can do with the other classes. If you are out of stealth and both melee attacks on cd, i dont know what to do...except using my blaster and dying quiete often. There are classes around where I do maybe 10-15% overall dmg - just with the two melee attacks. Wheras ranged classes or warrior classes are redicoulos strong.

Whats going on here, feel a little gimped.... ? How do you play the operative in low lvl pvp ? Is this class broken ?

Reenolols
12.21.2011 , 02:10 AM | #2
nade, dart, rifle shot, snipe, probe, overload shot. it's a very powerful class at all levels.
Reeno: Nub 70+ Operative | Reenow: 55+ Marauder
Reenopt: 53+ Powertech |Belgoth's Beacon|

Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reeno23/videos

BobaFurz
12.21.2011 , 02:15 AM | #3
Excuse me I laugh at the nade and dart dmg in comparison to the dmg ouput of the other classes in the same lvl I played so far....my normal rifle burst attack is almost as high like a stealth melee attack, whats the point here. If you get out of stealth you have only seconds to dish out dmg and to get out of the area, otherwise you die.

Iam doing the following:

sneak to the target>main backstab attack>stun and/or 2nd melee attacks>dart>after that my target has often 80%+ hp left and I hop around doing rifle dmg or use my other CC to get out of the trouble, otherwise i die.

Is this a joke ? If you are out of stealth you get steamrolled by Shadows, marauders and sourcerers with their bubble who suck up the whole "backstab" attack....how is this in higher lvls ?

Isnt this a melee class after all......just wonder

Mokomi
12.21.2011 , 02:24 AM | #4
played assassin to 20 and operative to 38(atm) you are right our numbers isn't as big. the only time we get the big numbers is with backstab and laceration. it's different but I don't feel underpowered. I know with my assassin I felt my burst damage(maul shock) was much much higher but I had much more weakest attack swinging with all my force gone.

Arduz
12.21.2011 , 02:27 AM | #5
Operative pays off the higher you get. I've killed people before they've gotten up from my Hidden Strike trip. I've had 3.4k crits with HS, which leads into my backstab, shiv, lacerate combo. I straight up melt people. I don't even have Acid Blade yet. It's going to be scary when I do.

I feel comfortable 1v1ing any class, nothing can keep up with all the tools an Op gets.

BobaFurz
12.21.2011 , 02:28 AM | #6
I get almost 3000 burst dmg just from a low lvl BH range attack after I pop up from stealth, looking at my tiny 1200 in close combat....common . Going rifle in close combat vs melee characters after the stealth attack...

Numbers not high, I thought this is the class with the highest direct dmg in the game ? Some kind of glass cannon....

Is bioware kidding us.....my lvl 16 sorcerer does 900dmg channeling per tick with slow effect !

Hope some higher lvl players can write something about their pvp expiriences "as the class with the highest direct dmg ouput"...

Arduz
12.21.2011 , 02:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFurz View Post
I get almost 3000 burst dmg just from a low lvl BH range attack after I pop up from stealth, looking at my tiny 1200 in close combat....common . Going rifle in close combat vs melee characters after the stealth attack...

Numbers not high, I thought this is the class with the highest direct dmg in the game ? Some kind of glass cannon....

Is bioware kidding us.....

Hope some higher lvl players can write something about their pvp expiriences "as the class with the highest direct dmg ouput"...
You're seriously comparing classes at level 16? What a joke man. Op's start SLOW, you will have a rough time until 20, but it's not completely horrible.

Serious case of PEBCAK imo

BobaFurz
12.21.2011 , 02:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduz View Post
You're seriously comparing classes at level 16? What a joke man. Op's start SLOW, you will have a rough time until 20, but it's not completely horrible.

Serious case of PEBCAK imo

I want to hear whats going on wiht the class in higher lvls...maybe read

Arduz
12.21.2011 , 02:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFurz View Post
I want to hear whats going on wiht the class in higher lvls...maybe read
Why don't you try reading instead of creating pointless threads? Theres plenty of people talking about early Op pvp. You will have a rough time until you're 20 and get Lacerate, period. You can still be a dominant force, but you have to choose your battles and play smart.

This is obviously not the class for you.

BobaFurz
12.21.2011 , 02:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduz View Post
Why don't you try reading instead of creating pointless threads? Theres plenty of people talking about early Op pvp. You will have a rough time until you're 20 and get Lacerate, period. You can still be a dominant force, but you have to choose your battles and play smart.

This is obviously not the class for you.
Yeah you talk about ppl talking, but I was testing some classes myself up to a certain lvl. A lvl 38 was saying that the numbers are not high, thats why I wonder whats going on if this class is described with the highes dirct dmg output, isnt it some kind of melee rogue class if you specialize for it ? Not sure what lvl are you at the moment, just curios about people with higher lvls and how they are doing in pvp.