Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is PVP Healing going to be addressed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is PVP Healing going to be addressed?

Charunks
05.11.2013 , 02:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
Most classes get their interrupt circa Lv.18. Use the interrupt. Stuns, distance changers, or even just choosing one person to go troll healers into healing circles are an effective means of taking healers out of fights.

There's nothing OP about healers at the moment, at least nothing more OP than Snipers in general. Yet, the rest of us aren't complaining about those Snipers who have a move that under the correct circumstances can take off a quarter of your HP with no cast time, now are we?
The balance in this game is among the worst I have seen and I have played my share of MMO's. IMO gamebreaking mechanics shoul be hotfixed. A sniper is overpowered, but the effect in general isn't as bad as the state healing is in right now.

Tactics don't work when you have redundant healers on the enemy team. It can't be done. All the blood sweat and tears you put into locking that healer and trying to kill him is nullified by 2-3 healing allies of him.

And then the one step beyond overpowered healing: Overpowered healing by a sorc. So you bring that dude down to 20% health by carefully times interrupts and stuns with 3 guys. The dude simply bubbles and waits for help while getting healed up for 100%. the story begins anew, only this time you have no more stuns. GG

Charunks
05.11.2013 , 02:24 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
thats the problem, everything else is fine.
I do 500K - 800K dmg a warzone. When multiple healers are around I get near to 0 kills. Let me guess your awnser, either L2P or do moar damage?

Tankqull
05.11.2013 , 02:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Charunks View Post
I do 500K - 800K dmg a warzone. When multiple healers are around I get near to 0 kills. Let me guess your awnser, either L2P or do moar damage?
if you are doing 800k dmg your on the right track, now assist someone and mirically even 3 healer are unable to keep that guy allive without guard, if your asistee does comparable amounts of dmg. so yes it is some kind of l2p.
i do not denytht teamwork for healers is easier to achieve due to the automatic set up of the UI but all you need is to propperly use your focus target options of the ui as a dd.
the simple question on the start of WZ/BG "who wants to be AL" is common in other games ive never seen it in over one year in SWTOR says all about the mind setup of our dds...

Xarimath
05.11.2013 , 02:51 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Thrasymicus View Post
At the same time... If i'm not able to kill them as a healer...why should they be able to kill me?
This.

Whoever thinks that should always be DPS > Heals, he can even stop playing. It's an epenauts syndrome.
Master Jariel Silverwing - Jedi Sentinel
Server : THE PROGENITOR
I support Cross Server PvP http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686530

Raansu
05.11.2013 , 03:41 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Xarimath View Post
This.

Whoever thinks that should always be DPS > Heals, he can even stop playing. It's an epenauts syndrome.
Translation "Noooo don't take away my easy mode heals."

Xarimath
05.11.2013 , 04:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Mr.FastConclusion, read my signature, I play a sentinel. I don't want oneshot people cause I have a big penauts. And before you say something I play combat/carnage and not easytardmode smash, so, L2P and L2Focustargets
Master Jariel Silverwing - Jedi Sentinel
Server : THE PROGENITOR
I support Cross Server PvP http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=686530

Tankqull
05.11.2013 , 04:27 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
i have as a healer no problem if a dd would kill me solo easily - comming from DAoC im used to it, a healer was fodder for every one without team support heals were rupted by every attack entirely but if you could heal unattacked absolutly no one would have been killed at all regardless how many dds you stack. is that what you want?
currently the the dmg per attack vs the dmg per heal favors dds as they attaack every 1,5 sec while class depending the big heal takes 1,85-2,3 sec dealing the same numbers.
what makes healing in this game powerfull are mindless dds + taunts and guard - especially guard is powerfull as the dmg transferred to the tank is reduced twice first by the mittigation of the attacked one and on top by the mitigation of the tank aswell. that reduces spikes tremendously and allows the healers to keep someone who is attacked alive at all.

jetblackrogue
05.11.2013 , 05:31 AM | #28
I'm just rejoining SWTOR after a 1-year break. I'm not sure how healing is top-end, but in my personal MMO experience it seems that a single healer should be able to out-heal a single dps'r (at the sacrifice of any significant dmg output). Is that not the case here? Or can a single healer keep a full group of 2 or 3 from taking damage?
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

tatatan
05.11.2013 , 05:41 AM | #29
Pvp heals is fine, move along.
Question is - are you supposed to kill healer 1x1? No, you shouldn't.
Whole thread is fail.
And if you cant kill healer 2x1, you're fail too.

lazerxxx
05.11.2013 , 06:09 AM | #30
Of course a DPS should win a 1v1 against a healer. Everything else just makes no sense.