Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is PVP Healing going to be addressed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is PVP Healing going to be addressed?

Darth_Dreselus
05.10.2013 , 10:24 PM | #11
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

Resiel
05.10.2013 , 10:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
Most classes get their interrupt circa Lv.18. Use the interrupt. Stuns, distance changers, or even just choosing one person to go troll healers into healing circles are an effective means of taking healers out of fights.

There's nothing OP about healers at the moment, at least nothing more OP than Snipers in general. Yet, the rest of us aren't complaining about those Snipers who have a move that under the correct circumstances can take off a quarter of your HP with no cast time, now are we?

Sounds like another healer who couldnt hack it as dps and decided to play easy mode.

JaingSkiratapwns
05.10.2013 , 10:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Grafikk View Post
Am I the only one that thinks PVP healing is a bit ridiculous right now?.
No, you aren't the only one.
......Meh

Grafikk
05.10.2013 , 10:44 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
Most classes get their interrupt circa Lv.18. Use the interrupt. Stuns, distance changers, or even just choosing one person to go troll healers into healing circles are an effective means of taking healers out of fights.

There's nothing OP about healers at the moment, at least nothing more OP than Snipers in general. Yet, the rest of us aren't complaining about those Snipers who have a move that under the correct circumstances can take off a quarter of your HP with no cast time, now are we?
Great, you stun, the break it, you interrupt they cast again, now you are out of gas. Having someone go around and try to occupy healers if futile if there is more than one. You will never survive long enough.

Healers are redic right now, there is no way around it. Yes, we all know snipers are OP, but let's stay on topic.
[█████████████████████}|█Ξ[◉]||WAYUN||[◉]Ξ█|{█████████████████████]

Lalainnia
05.10.2013 , 11:00 PM | #15
Scoundrels and Sages got their healing tress overbuffed for no reason.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Volxen
05.10.2013 , 11:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Resiel View Post
Sounds like another healer who couldnt hack it as dps and decided to play easy mode.
"Couldn't hack it as DPS". LOL. That may be the best quote ever.

Deeps is super-complicated, guys.

Volxen
05.10.2013 , 11:13 PM | #17
BTW OP, here is a good thread on the subject you should check out: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=636643

Astarica
05.11.2013 , 01:59 AM | #18
It's significantly harder to DPS well than to heal well in this game. At the top level they probably cancel each other out, though that's mostly because top level healers are supported by top level DPS that are good are neutralizing fellow DPS. But at the lower levels, it takes way less skill to heal adequately compared to the effort needed to overcome that healing.

Dawginole
05.11.2013 , 02:16 AM | #19
Agree with the OP. It's super frustrating to be on a min/maxed toon, rock a healer with two full rotations, they stun me with 3% health left and insta heal to 100% before a 5sec stun is up.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Tankqull
05.11.2013 , 02:17 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Grafikk View Post
Am I the only one that thinks PVP healing is a bit ridiculous right now?

Let me first state that I know my gear isn't maxed and it does still need some updating (full Partisan, 1 piece of Conq) and this isn't a whine post, simply curious if anyone feels the same as I do.

I've always thought of healing in pvp as a support aspect, not a sole role. Healers in pvp are so efficient they are nearly impossible to bring down without multiple people focusing them. That being said, bring 3 healers, win. That's the new pvp system, it's not about skill imo, it's about how many healers you have.

It's pretty amazing how I can be hitting someone really hard, just to have them go from almost dead to full health. It's incredibly frustrating. Switch to the healer, another healer heals them. Or they pop their Paladin bubble or CC you, run away 1 cast top off. It makes pvp unbearable.

Once I blow my stun or interrupt they have free reign to just out heal any dps. One class should not require a team to take down.

For example, last game I played I did 350k dmg and 5 kills... another game I did 400+k and 0 kills. Something is wrong here... again, my dmg may not the best, but it still doesn't add up.
thats the problem, everything else is fine.