Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

gsll
05.11.2013 , 12:28 AM | #41
........zoom out a little bit

PoliteAssasin
05.11.2013 , 12:31 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by gsll View Post
Was wondering where you went Islander. A new account?
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

J_Fred
05.11.2013 , 01:02 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by gsll View Post
This is a RPG not a RTS

Darth_Vampirius
05.11.2013 , 01:11 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
It was on cooldown.
lolwut?
Quote:
//We have seen the argument of Skill vs. Gear throughout the existence of MMO PvP and we are of the opinion both are good for an RPG, falling on one side of the scale (gear has no purpose in PvP vs. gear is the only thing that matters in PvP) is not desirable.//

Is-ith
05.11.2013 , 01:12 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
This footage is from a match this past week. When i get less than 30 meters away from the goal line I get the stunfest of my life. Over a minute of roots and stuns until I can finally score.

Stunball | The Roots Strike Back
lol bro u would have convinced me alot more without the video. All that video shows is how stupid this game is with balance...

if u want to complain about something roll a VG tank at endgame pvp and see how u fair then lol.

J_Fred
05.11.2013 , 01:23 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Is-ith View Post
lol bro u would have convinced me alot more without the video. All that video shows is how stupid this game is with balance...

if u want to complain about something roll a VG tank at endgame pvp and see how u fair then lol.
I wasn't complaining but as for vanguard's I have friends who have level 55 powertech tanks and they do amazing with it. I actually have both a powertech and vanguard 50 and I have been thinking of getting my powertech up to 55 and making it a tank. Powertech tanks bring a lot to the table if used right, and now with hold the line being available to troopers and bounty hunters I can't wait to see what I can do with the class now at 55.

AdrianDmitruk
05.11.2013 , 01:27 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Vampirius View Post
lolwut?
Didn't you know, Ability: Activate the Resolve Bar has an 18-month cooldown?

1 month cooldown for every month this game has been out with no DR or immunity between stuns. The breaker doesn't even give a 5 second immunity for crying out loud! :P
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

J_Fred
05.11.2013 , 01:38 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Didn't you know, Ability: Activate the Resolve Bar has an 18-month cooldown?

1 month cooldown for every month this game has been out with no DR or immunity between stuns. The breaker doesn't even give a 5 second immunity for crying out loud! :P
Wait I thought I only had to pay 480cc?

Astarica
05.11.2013 , 01:48 AM | #49
Do people not know charge to a ball receiver is almost always an automatic interception, and that a receiver that's pulled/KBed almost always results a turnover? If you have the ball and got knocked off, at least you still have the ball. If you pass to someone who got knocked off as the ball is midair, you don't even have the ball anymore.

The only locations you should unconditional pass would be lower mid ramp to upper mid ramp, acid pool to lower right/left area after the firepits, and bottom of pit to anyone in endzone. Other than that, passing should be something you do when you're about to die. Now for the non tanky class you'll often die very fast with the ball so for those guys they should pass often, but for the tanks that are guarded and have your healer on your back, you're generally only worried about a fire trap, and the guy with the ball longest is likely to be least vulnerable to fire trap just because he probably has a lot of resolve built, while a fresh receiever likely have an empty resolve bar so he'll just get gripped into fire and die.

mrekxxx
05.11.2013 , 02:40 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
Would it be so bad to fill the resolve bar faster, make the stuns shorter, or add a five second immunity between them?
would be nice ... but there is lot beginners and they need stun as a first attack ... stuns might be completely removed from the game, i prefer more knockbacks or so though