Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bolstering is fine. Warzones are fine

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bolstering is fine. Warzones are fine

Talabrek
12.21.2011 , 03:51 AM | #11
I think that the bolster system serves its purpose well, but my problem is with the matching system.

The issue that I have seen is that you will have one team that is filled with 30-50's and another team with 10-20's. Note that this doesn't happen every time, but I am sure everyone that queues for warzones consistently has experienced this at least one or two times.

I hope that this will be less of an issue as more and more people start hitting 50 and less people in the matches will need to be bolstered. A bolstered level 10-20 is not going to be a match for a level 50 of equal skill, but from a team perspective it should still be balanced as long as the bolstered people are distributed evenly between the two teams (which is where the problem is now, people are not being distributed evenly taking level into account).

Astarica
12.21.2011 , 03:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Talabrek View Post
I think that the bolster system serves its purpose well, but my problem is with the matching system.

The issue that I have seen is that you will have one team that is filled with 30-50's and another team with 10-20's. Note that this doesn't happen every time, but I am sure everyone that queues for warzones consistently has experienced this at least one or two times.

I hope that this will be less of an issue as more and more people start hitting 50 and less people in the matches will need to be bolstered. A bolstered level 10-20 is not going to be a match for a level 50 of equal skill, but from a team perspective it should still be balanced as long as the bolstered people are distributed evenly between the two teams (which is where the problem is now, people are not being distributed evenly taking level into account).
Problem is that as long as you allow people to queue as a group it may be entire impossible to divide things up in a remotely fair way. Let's say you got 4 level 50s queued together, and rest are people between level 10 to 50 in a totally random fashion. Whatever side that gets the 4 level 50s is almost certainly going to have a big advantage even if you assigned all the lowest level guys possible. Also, you might be able to take the first 16 guys and reassigned them in some order that makes sense for Huttball, but for the other two WFs, you can't mix Imperial with Republics so if the first 8 guys that queued on one side are level 10s, you can't exactly bump them to make room for higher level enemies since that's not fair at all.

Brzytwa
12.21.2011 , 04:09 AM | #13
there are always cons and bads for every feature in TOR. this is fine that warzones depends on playing skills, but u can't feel your lvl progression then.

it's kinda weird situation when you dueled players outside warzones and u killed them by 1-2 hits and you will die from them at warzones
. OPOD FTW!