Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bolstering is fine. Warzones are fine

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bolstering is fine. Warzones are fine

beyou
12.21.2011 , 01:55 AM | #1
The main reason for winning or losing is not the level, it is the experience and skill behind the keyboard.

The better more skilled team wins. I saw it server times myself beaten higher teams, or even beating higher 1v1 duel opponents.
The team who knows the warzone and his own strengths will win.

I see several posts from level 10-20 who think the bolsterins isnt working. Well guess what, you are probabely having difficulties because your opponent knows your own weaknesses better than yourself. Good level 10s do fine in warzones. The olstering gives you everything you need. You just have to learn how to use it. Some get to it fast, some never will

If you have gained the needed experience, you will do fine.

Froods
12.21.2011 , 01:57 AM | #2
also the higher levels have more expertise and abilities than you do.

DarthSiricus
12.21.2011 , 01:58 AM | #3
You are failing to recognize that you are still at a disadvantage at lower levels. Everyone should be on the same playing field before skill comes into play. This is not the case.

AmonRama
12.21.2011 , 02:07 AM | #4
There is no skill only CC

beyou
12.21.2011 , 03:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSiricus View Post
You are failing to recognize that you are still at a disadvantage at lower levels. Everyone should be on the same playing field before skill comes into play. This is not the case.
That is absolute nonsense. How would brackets give you the same playing field.
A good experienced player can reroll a new character and after 5 hours of leveling he can enter a warzone and do some dammage and key work to help his team win.

You dont need the levels and abilities to hold your ground.

Sugarpill
12.21.2011 , 03:05 AM | #6
I've seen an organized team dust a level 30-40 team. Organization trumps all.

Scelerant
12.21.2011 , 03:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSiricus View Post
You are supposed to be, bolstering is meant to give you a fighting chance not an equal chance.
FYI, it’s not “elitist” to expect people to be competent at a task to which they have dedicated hundreds of hours.
Everything currently wrong with the Sith Warrior/JK design.
Sith Assassin Rotation Calculator progress.

ellrando
12.21.2011 , 03:25 AM | #8
Skill is very important but honestly there needs to be some segregation in the lvls mainly because of the increase in number of abilitys they can use that wasnt balanced.

Astarica
12.21.2011 , 03:33 AM | #9
The biggest gain in power is at level 14 because of Sprint.

The next biggest gain is probably when you get your finishing move attack because that pretty much ensures a one hit kill especially against anyone lower than you when it fires and being able to kill people quickly is very important.

Depending on your talents there might be some powerful 11/21/31 point to talents in general (e.g. 30% reduction from AE for most melee).

Of course the higher level guy is generally stronger overall anyway, but the difference between say 21 and 31 isn't anywhere close to say, 13 versus 14.

Aeneus
12.21.2011 , 03:39 AM | #10
Personally, I really don't see anything wrong with the bolstering mechanic. Sure, a Lvl 40 player is probably going to have an advantage over a Lvl 20 because of them gaining more abilities as they've leveled, but at least you still have a fighting chance. I love seeing people complain about wanting brackets, like its gonna give you more of a chance. If you hit Lvl 30 and enter a 30-39 warzone bracket, you're going to get your rear handed to you by a decent Lvl 39 player.