Saber reflect

SajPl

This is not a QQ. The skill is fine it just NEEDS A CLEAR TELL.

Since juggs are malee, have a ton of buffs and debuffs on them, watching those doesn't work and since they're malee it is hard to say when they activate it with all the explosions, leaps, bubbles, smashes, aoes flying around.

Suggestion : make juggs go red and guardians blue in a manner similar to a shadow using resilience.

Oh and Shoulder cannon is OP please nerf.

Edited by SajPl

This is not a QQ. The skill is fine it just NEEDS A CLEAR TELL.

Since juggs are malee, have a ton of buffs and debuffs on them, watching those doesn't work and since they're malee it is hard to say when they activate it with all the explosions, leaps, bubbles, smashes, aoes flying around.

Suggestion : make juggs go red and guardians blue in a manner similar to a shadow using resilience.

Oh and Shoulder cannon is OP please nerf.

When the damage text says "reflected" then they have it up.

Yeah that's a good idea, lets remove the glow from assassins and shadows and when you waste your big ability and it does nothing you'll know they had it up... :rolleyes:

He's right, it should have a tell.

My guardian literally starts glitering in blue it's pretty tough to not tell tbh from asking around most people can see it fine, not too sure about the juggs though

Juggs do the same in red and since they made the reflected projectils become giant red balls, which fly back to the attacker, reflect is pretty easy to see

There is electric blue lightening all around the guardians body. It's pretty obvious in small skirmishes however in big group fights when a lot of particle effects are going off it can be really tough to see... but that goes for everything else too. Just watch for the "reflect" message; 90% of you guys are looking at your numbers anyway for those big crits so it shouldn't be that hard to notice a "reflect" message and stop firing. Almost every DPS on my server has already adjusted to it so you can too. Edited by DimeStax

I haven't noticed the twinkly effect ppl are talking about, but I don't doubt it either. I would rather it be the exact same visual as shroud on an assassin since juggs don't have shroud or carry double bladed sabers; thus there would be no possible confusion between what abil you're dealing with.

still...in the grand scheme of things, this isn't a huge deal.

When the damage text says "reflected" then they have it up.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the poster, but I am clarifying something he said. Once you see the "reflected" sign, you've already wasted your big hit. He'd like some way of seeing it BEFORE he fires off the big hit (Series of Shots, Ravage, etc...) so, he doesn't waste it.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the poster, but I am clarifying something he said. Once you see the "reflected" sign, you've already wasted your big hit. He'd like some way of seeing it BEFORE he fires off the big hit (Series of Shots, Ravage, etc...) so, he doesn't waste it.

And we answered, that he should pay better attention, because the visible effect he wants already exists :rolleyes:

They do glow. If it was that easy as a massive red circle around them then the skill would be useless in PVP. If you're paying attention, you can avoid it entirely, which to me separates the good from the great.

Edited by dcgregorya

This.

I'm a sniper, and I have no issue with the way it works now.

I agree. is it annoying when a Jug/Guardian is smart and uses it the millisecond before my big hit comes off but owell. no amount of glow is going to fix that for me lol.

all you have to do is pay attention more when you are about to use a big hit and be ready to cancel your channels and you are golden.

Edited by ForsakenKing

THIS. They really messed it up terribly with jug/guardians. I hate unremitting/unstopable animations as well.

They do glow. If it was that easy as a massive red circle around them then the skill would be useless in PVP.

How an ability can be easily spotted is not a problem, especially on short and powerful ones. What it matters the most is when you use it.

An ability could be as easy to spot as a fire in the dark, if it is well-timed, you wouldn't even be able to avoid it.

Imagine that you'll glow like a Shadow under resillience :

- The sniper in front of you start preparing Ambush.

- Wait for around 2s (80% completed) and fire Saber Reflect. Remaining cast : 0.5s Server to client time : around 0.1s Remaining time when displayed on Sniper's Screen : 0.4s

- Ambush in Sniper's face.

Find me someone able to react in such a short time frame.

Edited by Altheran

THIS. They really messed it up terribly with jug/guardians. I hate unremitting/unstopable animations as well.

Unstoppable is pretty easy to tell as all you do is need to look at what form they are in.

This.

I'm a sniper, and I have no issue with the way it works now.

You people do understand that when it says REFLECT it means I already used my big hitter and lost like half hp ?

You people do understand that when it says REFLECT it means I already used my big hitter and lost like half hp ?

Have you ever considered that this was intended and that Saber Reflect is actually calculated into our DPS? If timed right Saber Reflect is definitely going to make you eat a few of your own attacks regardless of how "glowy" the buff is, but how much damage you take overall is based on when you learn to stop firing.

Are you telling me you don't waste any attacks when a Shadow Force Shrouds at the right time, when a Sentinel pops Guarded by the Force right before your big hitter goes off, or when a Sage bubbles? The only difference is that Saber Reflect hits you back. Working as intended.

Edited by DimeStax

You do know that there are plenty of people who actually pay attention to their target, see when they pop saber reflect and cancel what they are doing so that the big REFLECT sign never shows up saving like half your hp?

good jugs/guardians will use reflect before you get the chance to cancel. no amount of glow or huge social 10 size signage is going to change the fact that you are going to get hit by a well timed reflect and I am perfectly ok with that.

Edited by ForsakenKing

I notice a lot of ranged DPS are "peppering" me with ranged shots at first now to see if I pop reflect and if I do then they change targets or wait 5 seconds, if I don't then they begin to fully unload. Iv learned to wait till i'm about 60% hp or less now and they're in full DPS rotation tunnel mode and they're ready to use their big hitters to finish me off before I pop Saber Reflect; this usually hurts them quite a bit. Edited by DimeStax